Clarification on Baronial Law: call forth powers granted by dark forces

04 Apr 2016 15:51 #1 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
Would a psalm of Death be legal if it calls upon Visigalis rather than Galmachis?

I do not wish for this to be a discussion and only those with the authority of law should be answering.

Thank you,

Mordra GraLucia
Chancellor of Alisandria
Champion of Enax
04 Apr 2016 16:14 #2 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic Clarification on Baronial Law: call forth powers granted by dark forces
Currently the Baronial Guard has not discussed this matter. I will open up discussion in the barracks with Lt. Grim, V.C. Oren, and Captain Magnus and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sgt Erik Silverfang

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mordra GraLucia (Mordra), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
04 Apr 2016 16:30 #3 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
Thank you very much, Sergeant Silverfang.

Mordra GraLucia
Chancellor of Alisandria
Champion of Enax
04 Apr 2016 20:35 - 04 Apr 2016 20:42 #4 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic Clarification on Baronial Law: call forth powers granted by dark forces
This matter was discussed, and the nature was that a Psalm of Visigalis or a Prayer cast by a Visigalian Priest or Cleric using death domain is legal. They are not calling forth powers granted by dark forces due to Visigalis being a neutral god. The exception is if the prayer itself violates any other Law of the Barony in using the prayer besides calling on dark powers.

If the Scroll how ever is of Galmachis, it would require a writ of dark arts. As the Psalm then is calling on dark powers to allow use of prayer.

This was confirmed with the Seneschal Dr. Lois Maxwell in the Barracks

SGT Erik

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 20:42 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
04 Apr 2016 20:55 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Let's be honest here. The reality is that it depends on how much you are liked by those who create and uphold the law. As long as you are favored you will be protected and fine but as soon as they decide you need to be taken care of you will see the laws change before your eyes and interpreted in ways you never seen before in order to take you down.

-Avaiiden Earfalas

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Apr 2016 22:59 - 04 Apr 2016 23:02 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Ava,

I would ask that you and anyone else who wishes to have their say on this matter, to be respectful of Mordra's wishes that this not become a full-blown argument here. Of course, that is not to preclude a discussion elsewhere on a separate string of parchment.

That being said, if you have concerns with how the Baronial Guard conducts its affairs, please write me missive. We have enough on our plate without being at each other's throats and I would rather not have those issues linger longer than necessary.

-Sgt. Nalick DeMonteforte

Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 23:02 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Chumana Lind (msneden2)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
05 Apr 2016 10:25 #7 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Nalick,

If you would read carefully you would see that there is no argument to be had. However because you asked so nicely I won't continue to share my opinion.

I would also ask you to remember that Mordra, does not actually have the authority to quiet my opinion.

As I said however, I'll let it rest.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds