Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
14 Apr 2016 15:12 - 14 Apr 2016 16:14 #1 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Adventurers needed, excellent paid work! was created by Jack (Keeperofdice)
I am looking to hire several individuals to join me on an expedition to an alcove near the rift. We are going to be retriving some rift spider silk. Being that the specimens are least active at night, the excursion will leave sometime after midnight on the night of the feast. I will be around gathering individuals beforehand. 25g per head and you are welcome to whatever you find while we are there. If enough silk is gathered i'd be willing to negotiate a bonus.

A warning: Rift spiders are incredibly dangerous and feed off the raw potential of individuals, newer individuals are less of a threat and not noticed by the rift spiders. Be capable of defending yourself, protecting your friends, or helping out in some way. And please dont try anything heroic, it will get you killed.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 16:14 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
14 Apr 2016 22:13 - 14 Apr 2016 22:13 #2 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
How seasoned an adventurer are you thinking these spiders will ignore?

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 22:13 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
14 Apr 2016 22:26 #3 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
Well I mean we are talking about going into a clutch. The babies will eat anything, but its the big ones you need to worry about. As long as you don't draw the attention of the mother you should be fine if you can handle yourself against the spiderbites. Just dont try anything too fancy or flashy and I dont think she'd be provoked. Probably anyone who's been in town for less than two years should be fine as long as you can keep a low profile.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
14 Apr 2016 22:29 #4 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
Do we kno if thees spiders are poisinis?

~Ergos

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
14 Apr 2016 22:35 - 14 Apr 2016 22:37 #5 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
I dare say be safe and don't get bit. I don't think you want to find out either way.

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 22:37 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
15 Apr 2016 08:43 #6 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
I would be happy to provide a dose of anti-venom to anyone going on this expedition. If you don't use it, feel free to give it back and tell me of your good fortune! If you do, tip the alchemist who helped save your life.

I'll be out and about the Proper this weekend, though I will be most commonly found at the inn during Market Faire or in the Londwyn Tent near the Pendarvin Statehouse.

Sincerely,

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
18 Apr 2016 21:58 #7 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Adventurers needed, excellent paid work!
Spakin' o' this partic'lar expedition, I was wond'rin' what ye were plannin' to use tha' silk fer. I think I may 'ave some else use fer it, bein' as you mentioned we gathered it fer ye in excess.

I'd love to l'arn a bit more o' those spiders an' their silk. Tho' per'aps in a few moons time. I am accompanying companions away from the Proper for several moons and won't return at least until the Baronial Extended Feast.

Let me know if ye 'ave any left, or would be willin' ta teach me a bit about the spiders.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds