On the topic of Good versus Evil

• Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
30 Apr 2016 10:08 #31 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
I expect a representative of their god to have conviction, if nothing else. Each one has a clear set of tenets that are not meant to be strayed from. Brother Aldric will not stray from his, no matter the perspective taken on the subject of Darkness and evil.

There has been much wisdom shared on this forum. I am grateful for it.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
30 Apr 2016 13:01 #32 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
Will Miranda not be grateful for being freed? She cares a lot more for the survival of her world than you think.

Cyfihi

[hr]

OOG: Zelda Turqman
30 Apr 2016 13:31 #33 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil

Angelica Tartaros wrote: Will Miranda not be grateful for being freed? She cares a lot more for the survival of her world than you think.

Cyfihi

[hr]

We all should sincerely hope so at any rate. But, in Travance, is anything that simple?

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
02 May 2016 22:26 - 02 May 2016 22:27 #34 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
Replied by Muzen (Yoshimatsu) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
this topic is unnecessary ,i dont have to be bathed in the eye of gods of light to do the right thing or whats right for the kingdom,the capacity for this so called good or evil is in any living walking breathing being on this world,and belonging to any group light or dark or whatever else divine being you call upon after sending your enemy to their ancestors wont change who you are at your most central core...of course thats what a drunk scholar told me so i trust their words

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
Last edit: 02 May 2016 22:27 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu).
02 May 2016 23:09 #35 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
Without discernible punctuation or grammar, I can only guess that you are agnostic from Khitan. That you do not call upon the Gods seems to be the path you have chosen, and I respect that. Not everyone can hear the call of the Divine, you are not the lesser man for that.

Morality is not solely the purview of the Gods certainly, they merely guide us towards it. We all must choose the path we tread, and sometimes heed the warnings of others along the way. Consider our discussion of Miranda as one of these.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
03 May 2016 23:44 #36 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
There comes a point to conversations such as these where I find that it becomes no longer about mutual understanding and more about proving a point at any cost, even one's standing. Two opposing viewpoints, constantly butting heads.

Right?
Or maybe not right.

This world that we're living in, despite its struggles, conflicts, and general mayhem, is composed of both. Something that frustrates me right now is that this world that we're living on, with all of its sorrows, joys, hate, and love... it's beautiful! Why else would we be fighting to eke out our very existence on it?

Well, because you, me, and pretty much everyone else lives on it. I should hope that would be the main reason why you're fighting for it.

But it exists because the forces of Capital-Good and Capital-Evil were put together. It was SAVED because the forces of Capital-Good and Capital-Evil worked together. Light and dark, life and death, joy and sorrow, comfort and pain, justice and mayhem. Imagine then, the wonders that can be made when all of them work together. Prime example? US! Each and every single one of us has both sides in us. We have both sides in our lives. And we use everything the gods have to offer. Life and death. Look at them. We value life, but because we do so, it drives us to kill.

And bit of a sidenote, let's not also forget something important - Fiona and Miranda are people! Like, sure, they have magnificent powers beyond our ken, but they're people! They have wants, goals, desires, just like anyone else. Powers don't define people.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Nicoletta (fyperia), Annora (Karen), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe), Mantel (sigma-j)
04 May 2016 02:40 #37 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic On the topic of Good versus Evil
Upon the paths of my hunts, Ah've done some things that might not be seen as good, but in the end, my intentions are good and true.

Sometimes to prevent more evil, a lesser evil has to be committed. The world is not darkness and light, but sometimes a mix of the two. a lesser shadow that has the color of evil and the color of light.

That is what I see of this course.
Of course, I have no knowledge of Miranda and her evils, nor of Fiona and her good.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds