Chronicle Changes!

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
09 May 2016 22:56 - 09 May 2016 22:57 #1 by Onca (Lorelai)
Chronicle Changes! was created by Onca (Lorelai)
Fellow Travancians, I have several changes to your beloved paper, and I ask that you read the below carefully.

Starting this month, we are changing the rewards for the Chronicle in the following way:
A news article or informative piece will be rewarded with more experience, but the rewards for service to the barony and gold will remain the same. [1 build, 400 SP, 10 Gold]
An anecdote, story, poem or song and most art will be still be rewarded with service to the barony and gold, but no longer carries the same breadth of experience. [400 SP, 10 Gold, No build]
Ads will remain the same - 5 Gold once for one I can use over. 2 Gold for a one-time run ad.

These rewards will now EXPIRE after 1 year. That means if you do not speak to Thalia for something written for June 1216 until July 1217, you will not be paid.

What does this mean for you? We are looking to add more actual news to our newspaper, and are offering incentive for you to report things you are involved in or witness, in your own hand. This does not have to be a lengthy piece on the entire Feast weekend, though those are of course welcome. It may be something small or interesting, such as the execution of a townsmember or the saving of a farmer's crop.

Lastly, I am looking for scholars to help with a new continuing article. It will be "Monster of the Month" or something similar (suggestions welcome). This will teach your fellow townsmembers about a Monster they may face in a way they can truly understand and retain the information. [I.E. This Lore will be learnable as long as you meet have one build to spend. If you choose to learn it, you will write "Lore: [Monster x]" on your card, and the Teacher will be listed as "Chronicle".]

One or more printed copies of each edition of the paper will be in a book on the scholar's table and will still be available to learn from in subsequent months.
[Please note: Only on the physical copy with the note to learn it, will this count - not the site PDF.]
We are also looking for artists to -draw- the Monsters of the Month, as this adds to the understanding of the monster.

[Please reach out to me with any questions. You can message me here or on Facebook (Onca Jump), or email . Reference the post on the Announcements forum for OOG clarification.]

Thank you. We will shortly announce the next special edition of the Chronicle.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 09 May 2016 22:57 by Onca (Lorelai).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j)
10 May 2016 00:40 #2 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Chronicle Changes!
After hearing some of the new townsmen discuss the front-page and the prequel article, the Chronicle will have a Baronial Guard Notice section detailing information pertinent to the people of Travance each month. Hopefully this will help keep everyone well informed and safe.

~ Pvt. Arradir Go-Dringol

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Jack Webb
  • Thank Yous: 37
11 May 2016 10:43 - 11 May 2016 10:44 #3 by Jack Webb (MichaelCantor)
Replied by Jack Webb (MichaelCantor) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Excellent news!

As a newcomer to Travance, I was just lamenting to a friend that there wasn't a better way to know how dangerous certain beasts were aside from watching them tear someone's head off 5 feet in front of me!

I greatly look forward to reading your first Monster Chronicle!

- Jack Webb

OOG: Michael C.
Last edit: 11 May 2016 10:44 by Jack Webb (MichaelCantor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Wili (), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 May 2016 15:52 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Cood I rite on florra?

Chet H.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 May 2016 21:55 #5 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Chet - If you mean Flora such as plants, I certainly would not have a problem. You may always submit an article of any sort you prefer. Please feel free to contact me privately to go over details if you have a specific idea in mind!

Huntress of Galladel

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
12 May 2016 08:36 #6 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Note to Self;
Put in Ads for the BlackBird.
Signed,
Self

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Onca (Lorelai), Mantel (sigma-j)
12 May 2016 08:49 #7 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Question - will there be an issue released in the early portion of the coming extended feast? The United Churches of Light will be submitting something.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
12 May 2016 21:32 #8 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Chronicle Changes!
Sebastien - we'd be delighted to print any ads, if submitted.

Caldor - please see my post nearby on this same board. I'll have someone putting it up within minutes of this response.

Huntress of Galladel

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds