In Need of a Steed

• Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
23 May 2016 13:37 - 23 May 2016 13:38 #1 by Kardin (Ben)
In Need of a Steed was created by Kardin (Ben)
*The writings below is scrawled onto the back of what appears to be a badger hide*

Hjolda my friends,

As of late, I've found that my two jobs as an woodcrafter and a Guardsman have guided me towards journeys in lands that grow farther and farther away from my home. From where I currently reside in Culpepper Farms, it is usually a three day ride to Honor's Peak and nearly twice that to get to Travance Proper.
I've been able to make these journeys through the generous lending of a riding mare from the village Elders in Culpepper. However, the mare is getting on in years and recently the urgency of some jobs are unable to wait for a Northman atop the Equine equivalent of a grandmother.

As such, I'm in the market for a Gelding or Stallion ages 5 to 10. Temperament isn't an issue as there isn't a horse alive that I can't tame. Should be able to travel long distances in the wilderness (we do not always have the luxury of roads).

Send me a missive or write something below and we'll work out a fair deal.

-Kardin Armister

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
Last edit: 23 May 2016 13:38 by Kardin (Ben).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Chumana Lind (msneden2), Mantel (sigma-j)
23 May 2016 19:43 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic In Need of a Steed
Kardin

Three things to which you should be aware of is his Grace has stock and could assist you if you ask him.

Stallions on this side of the rift are as precious as maidens gold as horses are very rare to begin with and a viable breeding stallion... Im sure you get the idea.

And lastly a gelding would be far more reliable and attainable because of that. As a fellow Cavalier I may suggest a smaller agile animal for your build and getting through off roads.

Also consider a mule Jack for sturdiness through mountains and for easy keeping as the can survive on acorns in the wild while horses would colic.

Cmd. B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kardin (Ben), Mantel (sigma-j)
24 May 2016 21:42 #3 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic In Need of a Steed
Guard-boy Kardin. You come talk to the Kin. No one knows horses like we do. We will find you very good horse that will suit your needs. If you have the gold, we have what you need.

-Sergei

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardin (Ben), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds