New position in Travance

• Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Jun 2016 19:09 #1 by Aria (Aria)
New position in Travance was created by Aria (Aria)
As many of you have heard i have been given a new position in the barony. This is going to involve working with many in town such as the druids, mages, clergy, and healers. I know the church has recently reorganized. I ask that one member from each god contact me. I seek to have an audience so that each person and god is heard. If the healers would like to vote a voice to be in charge. As well as the scholars

My hope is to have better organization to discuss the issues each of yous are facing as well as to help the barony better assist in all of your needs.

I wish to make this clear, I do not care about your god or what side of the pantheon you fall on. I want to help everyone get a voice

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j)
06 Jun 2016 20:45 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New position in Travance
Tari,

You know my thoughts on your promotion and position. I have faith in you, and look forward to working with you in your new role.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Jun 2016 22:13 #3 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic New position in Travance
I would also like to add witch hunters and psions. Please feel free to tell me if I have missed any of the other supernatural things. My apologies to anyone who feels slighted. Paladins and anti paladins may also contact me if they wish to have a voice here

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
08 Jun 2016 00:14 #4 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic New position in Travance
(OOG: The Signature of Mantel Warrane follows.)

Guildmistress Tari,

Thank you. I look forward to continuing to serve the Guild under you.

Will the Mages have an arcane-biased member among your advisors, or will we be limited to your objective-by-mandate input? I fear that if the other Supernatural traditions have self-interested members in the absence of self-interested Mages, they may press undue pressure upon the Arcane users of Travance, Guild or not.

Additionally, will the Guildless have representation in your council?

I also would like to know if you intend to hear the Druids, Bards, Warriors of Chaos, Wild Magi, Dragonblooded, Alchemists, and Smiths in your tenure, as they all also deal with the forces of the Occult, in their own respects.

Thank you.

Woven, but never again Bound.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
08 Jun 2016 20:20 #5 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic New position in Travance
Mr. Warrane,

While I applaud your dedication to inclusiveness, I would hesitate to include alchemists within this purview. Our work is solidly grounded in a scientific basis, and though the pinnacle of our craft has been referred to as a "Pioneer Occultist," what we do is still purely scientific in nature. There is a saying I heard in university that I am rather fond of, that being that "sufficiently advanced technology is virtually indistinguishable from magic." I feel it to be rather apt in this situation. While some of our number may also dabble in mysticism, the same could be said of any number of folk. It does not necessarily follow that practitioners of alchemy are of a mystical bend themselves.

I do not wish to appear rude in my posting of this, however, I thought it prudent to provide a correction to what I had perceived to be a misapprehension of the nature of the kind of work I do. I do apologize if I have come across as such.

In science and progress,
Dr. Nigel Whitworth

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Jun 2016 20:52 #6 by Aria (Aria)
There are far to many supernatural groups, I am trying to include them all. At this time I am not asking to make a private wall space as some members have asked for privacy in them fulfilling there roles. When each role is filled in will speak to each member and see. I have intentions of sitting down with each group as they need. The reason that I ask for volunteers to speak for their positions is to have one person to go to. The main role for my position currently is to be a go between for the various groups and the baron. He wants to know what is going on as well as when the barony needs to step in and help. I imagine as this begins and my position grows in will change what our goal is as needed.

I assure you that I seek for everyone to have a voice. If you do not feel that you are being heard, you may feel to approach me any time you need. Any further questions please feel free to ask, I seek to be as open as I can with this new position

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
08 Jun 2016 21:55 #7 by Templar Bjørn MacInnes (Bjørn MacInnes)
Replied by Templar Bjørn MacInnes (Bjørn MacInnes) on topic New position in Travance
Tari,

If no other higher ranking member of the Kirk of Galladel responds, I offer myself to aid you in your council.

In the Light,
Brother Bjørn MacInnes

Templar Bjørn MacInnes, Zealot of the Holy Spirit
Alt: Thog
Alt: Ivan Solvei
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: Eric Cripps
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
09 Jun 2016 00:32 #8 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic New position in Travance

Bran MacInnes wrote: Mr. Warrane,
While I applaud your dedication to inclusiveness, I would hesitate to include alchemists within this purview. Our work is solidly grounded in a scientific basis, and though the pinnacle of our craft has been referred to as a "Pioneer Occultist," what we do is still purely scientific in nature. There is a saying I heard in university that I am rather fond of, that being that "sufficiently advanced technology is virtually indistinguishable from magic." I feel it to be rather apt in this situation. While some of our number may also dabble in mysticism, the same could be said of any number of folk. It does not necessarily follow that practitioners of alchemy are of a mystical bend themselves.

I do not wish to appear rude in my posting of this, however, I thought it prudent to provide a correction to what I had perceived to be a misapprehension of the nature of the kind of work I do. I do apologize if I have come across as such.

In science and progress,
Dr. Nigel Whitworth

I do not mean to drag this conversation further beyond this last piece of parchment, but for the good of the order, I would like to add my own anecdote.

You say that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. That your work is firmly grounded in a scientific basis. But I raise you myself. I was woven centuries ago purely from magic, yet still I eat and breathe as you do. I love and hate as you do. I cry and laugh and sob and chuckle. Your science can explain my anatomy, as can my magic. Your words are indeed true. So, by your own words, your trade should indeed be included in this council; if we are indistinguishable in trade at a sufficient level, then why would we leave out your valuable and differing perspective?

The way I study magic is the same as the way you methodically study alchemy. Why must we create distinctions where there are none? The alchemists and druids of the north practice their trades in much more religious manners than the alchemists of Londwyn, or even the druids of Travance. There exists an extremely permeable membrane between our skills and trades, and your refusal to accept your science as an aspect of our Occult will result in the loss of your valued methodical approach to solving complex problems in our Esoteric discussions.

I thank you, however, for attempting to clear the air. I, however, have lived and breathed magic since before you were born, and have come to know without any doubt that the lines between our traditions are far more contrived and counterintuitive than most would care to admit.

It's been a pleasure to meet you, however. I look forward to continuing this discussion, should you choose to, either in person or through missive. I am currently exploring the Lands, and will not return to Proper until the July Baronial Feast, but until then, I can be reached through missive.

In willing service to the Chained,

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
10 Jun 2016 02:05 #9 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic New position in Travance
I'll be your Mind Ambassador, assuming no one else wishes to do so.

Also why are you having a council with Anti-Paladins?

Last I checked they were pure scum and filth that were only fit for Paladins to scrap off their boots on the nearest rock after having given a hasty prayer for Gaia's forgiveness for desposting their filth anywhere near her domain.

I swear I've seen Galladal holding one of their souls by pinching together his fingers and holding them as far away from his body until reaching his darkest hole to drop them in too.

Now they are having meetings with the council?

Next you're going to say goblins are people.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
10 Jun 2016 04:19 #10 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic New position in Travance
Much has changed since you were last in Travance subject Ralenfolly.

Goblins and goblinoids can readily be recognized as subjects of Korymre and are thus entitled to the same privileges as any other subject of these lands.

I also do not believe Anti-Paladin's have any representation within Travance these days. Perhaps Dark Paladin was the title you meant.

In Service to Kormyre,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
10 Jun 2016 04:57 #11 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic New position in Travance
I used the same words as Guildmistress Tari, I guess we're both mistaken. Good thing you pointed that out.

Either way debating semantics isn't addressing my main concern. Don't pick at a mans words.

The word Dark in front of Paladin is an Ancient Kormyrian term for absolutely retched thing that has no place in the natural order of things and they get a vote on something?

Lastly I'm not going to hurt any goblins in town, I understand they have rights, doesn't mean I have to talk nice to them.

You do know they have an empire that has fought against Our King on numerous occasions?

I'm sure the ones around town are different, it would take way more money for them to turn on you. But you can only be stabbed by so many before they all lump together.

I'm sure their are a few dwarves around town who share my views and if there aren't, there should be.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Jun 2016 07:08 #12 by Aria (Aria)
I did use the wrong word it seems, my apologies if I offended anyone. Corvin I see no problem with you helping me. And I also have no intention of meeting with just any Dark paladins. Corvin since you have left many have been issued writs that allow them to practice and believe as they do while following Travance laws. It is these I seek to have council with

The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
10 Jun 2016 10:20 - 10 Jun 2016 10:29 #13 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New position in Travance
A man who stands afar off, shouts, and refuses to take responsibility for his words is no better than those he speaks against.

With Enax's fist,
Datu Guo Chenjing

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 10:29 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
10 Jun 2016 11:10 #14 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic New position in Travance
I will volunteer to represent the clergy of Valos. Give Templar Aldric a break.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Jun 2016 12:01 #15 by Aria (Aria)
Templar Aldric has volunteered but if he would prefer it to be your place in have absolutely no problem with that

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
10 Jun 2016 18:17 - 10 Jun 2016 19:41 #16 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New position in Travance
I can represent my Lord. As that is what my position is for.

-Z'Hade Enam Merikh Tahzam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 19:41 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
10 Jun 2016 19:27 #17 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic New position in Travance
Tari,

I know you are also the guildmaster but if you would like a mage that is not yourself on the counsel I will be there.

- Master T'soli Silverbow

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds