On the topic of the gods

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
11 Jun 2016 21:59 #31 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic On the topic of the gods
Jed has given benediction at least once.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Jun 2016 22:35 #32 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic On the topic of the gods
Edmund,

I have offered in the past and I have also been asked to be available to give one provided the primary choice couldn't/was not appropriate.

Grim is quite correct - Jed has given one a little over a year or so past... as has Belechand just this past feast.

I imagine others not of the Light may be asked. Not for anyone other than His Excellency to decide.

- Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
11 Jun 2016 23:12 #33 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic On the topic of the gods
I was out of the proper around feast unfortunately so I was unaware that Belechand gave the last benediction.

As for Jed I believe that was over 2 years ago.

Regardless it is good to see acceptance of the other faiths at feast.

Is it possible we may see joint sermons?

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
12 Jun 2016 03:39 - 12 Jun 2016 03:43 #34 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic On the topic of the gods
Father MacKenzie took part in the Church of Light Mass this past feast where we Ordained a Cleric of Brazen that I trained, so yes, joint sermons have and will happen.

Dark Clergy have been welcome to come to Light Masses I have held for over a year. However, they are asked to be respectful and not deliver a sermon from their faith. That part of the old traditions still remains in effect, to do otherwise is an infraction that is punished by our Gods.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2016 03:43 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
12 Jun 2016 19:44 - 12 Jun 2016 19:47 #35 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic On the topic of the gods
In Khitan, we call them Yin and Yang, and we draw them like this:

Light and dark, day and night, summer and winter, female and male.

The balance of the two is what allows both to exist, and there is a little of each one in the other. That's what the smaller dots inside the circle mean. By opposing and resisting each other, they not only help each other exist, but they learn from each other and make each other stronger.

I keep thinking about the things Fiona said about how much she misses her sister, and how sad she is that she did what she did. They stand for different things, and they don't agree with each other on a lot of things. Most things. But they are still sisters and they love each other. Fiona still has compassion for Miranda despite everything, and I bet that Miranda misses Fiona just as much, even if she's angry with her for trapping her. It reminds me of how Mother knew that Telligrim was coming to kill her, but she forgave him anyway and didn't want him to be killed.

I think that what I learned from this is that Yin and Yang don't have to agree. They're not supposed to. They are supposed to struggle and push each other and achieve their respective goals. Sometimes they'll get in each other's way. Sometimes they'll fight. Maybe even most times. But they don't have to hate each other just because they disagree.

Does that make sense, or am I just being silly?
-Midori Suarez
Mercy's Daughter

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
Last edit: 12 Jun 2016 19:47 by Midori Suarez (krykit). Reason: bbc code error
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Mantel (sigma-j)
12 Jun 2016 21:55 #36 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic On the topic of the gods
Midori,

Thank you for adding your wisdom to this discussion. I do not think it is silly at all.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
12 Jun 2016 22:49 #37 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic On the topic of the gods
Stool not see this argument 1hand until now. Stool confused at Travance people.

Why separate the Misters and Misses?

Maiden once tell me of Mister V. She was lost in sewer many year ago. She call on Mister V to light way through dark. Mister V guard Maiden, but one day Maiden not call on Mister V in time. Maiden get attack, and dark glaze over Maiden eyes. Maiden angry with Mister V. But Mister V Good people, he keep help Maiden for many months, through Maiden big-belly months. Many months until Stool come along. Then Stool come. And Maiden keep calling to Mister V... But she lose way. Maiden forget Mister V way to live. Mister V forsake Maiden as she forsake Him, and she curse him.

Then Maiden lost again. Maiden forget Mister V. Maiden forget Light. Maiden forget Maiden. Maiden remember Hag. Maiden become Hag. Hag thrive in Dark...

One day, Hag tell Stool about Mister M. Now Hag call on Mister M to guide through dark. Mister M guide many through dark. Mister M guide Stool, too. Stool tell other Lost Kin about Mister M, and he bring stable to kin. Kin scream at other Kin, but Kin love Kin. Kin love sewer.

Stool Kin live peace in sewer until Desecrators come break wall. Kin now slaughtered. Stool friends. Stool enemies. Stool family. Stool angry with Desecrators, come to Travance to find and kill. Stool bring friends Polyp, Mushroom Man, and Beans, fearless leader.

Stool find good people in Travance. Duncan, holy man. Grim Brick. Caldor, good furry man. Thalia, Inn lady. Argyle, savage man. Mom Gwynedd. All people want help Stool and Polyp find desecrators and bring them "justice," what you call.

Stool and Polyp not able go back sewer anymore, but thank friend for offer help. Stool cry many day now. Travance people let more Desecrator attack sewer, kill Kin. Stool not understand.

If Travance like Mister V, and Sewer like Mister M, what difference? Travance and Kin both like Misters, and both Misters guide Travance and Kin through dark. We not fight. We just lost in dark, it make no difference how we get throw.

Mister V kind. Mister M kind. Other Misters and Misses also kind. All in own ways. It depend on what Kin need. Mister V not good for Stool. Mister M not good for Caldor furry man. But Mister M good for Stool when he need help. Misses Guy good for Caldor, too, when he need help.

Kin just need find what Kin need. When Kin find need, Kin find Mister or Misses who help with need. It not about Light and Dark, Good, Evil. Bad people in Travance call on any and all Misters and Misses. Good people in Travance call on any and all Misters and Misses.

Stool not stand for Desecrators attack home anymore, just because Kin call on Mister M. Stool glad Gunnar Medicine Man also agree. And Stool hope Travance people agree too, and keep help Stool find Desecrators who break Stool and Polyp home.

Stool cook feast for Travance. Stool help tend "refugee". Stool take bath for Travance! Stool not even know what bath is! Now Travance help Stool?

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
13 Jun 2016 18:38 #38 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Thank you for your words stool.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
14 Jun 2016 11:29 - 14 Jun 2016 11:40 #39 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic On the topic of the gods
When I first came to Travance, I didn't know much of the gods. I knew what my tribe elder, Ajahn-Rah had preached to us-- that there was Goodness and Light in even the most hardened of hearts. We did not worship gods. We worshipped Light and Love. We fed and clothed weary travelers who passed by our tiny village called Mer'ri. We sang with them, told stories. It was a simple but exquisite life.

I left after a devastating event that destroyed my tribe from the inside out. They forgot the teachings of Ajahn-Rah. But I did not. I wanted to spread those teachings to others who would listen, before it was too late and his wisdom disappeared like ashes in the wind.

In Travance I found those who needed that sort of hope and love and light. Yet... time and time again the Gods, dark and light, found ways to punish me for it. There were even those in the church of Light who actively opposed Angeliana and myself for trying to redeem two of the town's darkest clergy. Still, I didn't stop, because I owed it to Ajahn-Rah, who died to save my mother's life.

In that time I have learned that the Gods can be cruel and fickle. They can create entire scenarios to trick you toy with your emotions. They can kiss your hand and forgive you one moment and the very next, kick you to the ground and punish you for some mysterious offense, leaving you broken, confused and wondering what you did. They can ignore a HARBINGER OF FEAR LIVING IN YOUR SOUL while it eats away at you, one fear at a time. They can rip away the power they give their most devout with a thought, and then fill someone completely unsuspecting with divine power so raw that it nearly kills them. They judge us, oh yes. Do They EVER judge us! But who judges Them when They so thoughtlessly torture Their obedient subjects who comply without question; the ones who rise like beaten dogs after these cruelties to lick the hand that wields the stick?

It is, of course, your choice to give yourself to a God. This is only my personal experience with Them. But from my own experiences, I am wary of Them for I have seen more of Their cruelties than Their benevolence. However, the LEAST They and Their followers can do is band together to keep the world from being unmade. They sort of need it.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 11:40 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
14 Jun 2016 12:33 #40 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
When next we have the chance to cross paths let us sit down for a while and talk. I may be able to help you with some of this.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
14 Jun 2016 22:08 #41 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic On the topic of the gods
This one would speak with you, little one.
About Gods.
About Punishment.
About... Knowledge.

Seek this one out should you wish to converse on these matters.
This one promises you shall have nothing ripped away, save maybe some outdated notions.

-I'Angtincya Sarko

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
15 Jun 2016 12:52 #42 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic On the topic of the gods
Dear Swyft,

Do you need a hug? I can give you a hug.

-Midori Suarez,
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arken (Arken), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds