Friday Night Town Meeting With The Count

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
23 Jun 2016 08:56 - 23 Jun 2016 12:05 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Friday Night Town Meeting With The Count was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Subjects of Travance,
On Friday night of the Baronial Feast the Baron and I will be holding a town meeting in the Dragons Claw Inn at precisely eleven bells. During that time we will need your undivided attention as we split you all up into groups so that you can begin to work towards solving the challenges that we face.

We will outline what we intend to go over at that meeting now, so you can be better prepared for it.

Our mission is dangerous. We are planning to break out the Greater Force of evil from the greatest magical prison on the face of the world. It is not normally intended that those who would seek to breach this prison would know of its defenses ahead of time. However we have one of its original creators on our side, and so we have been informed of what to expect. While that in itself is a tremendous advantage, it is not enough. We need to research these defenses and devise solid plans on how we intend to get past them. We are going to split up into groups and each group is going to research, and think and plan and act until they feel comfortable that come the following night we are not only prepared to survive, but to excel.

Challenge 1 Is “The Pentir Key”
We have in our possession one pentir key. This key has weakened over time, and we will need it to somehow be augmented to allow ALL of our heroes passage at once.

Challenge 2 is “The Riddles”
We know that the series of riddles are referred to as “The Statue and the Waterfall”. We also know the name of the person who created the riddles. We must find out everything we can about this persons riddle style, and perhaps even more about the specific riddle in question. We will need people who are good at solving riddles to assist in this challenge.

Challenge 3 is “A Trapped Hall”
We know the name of the creator of this room and that it is some kind of infamous hall of obstacles. We will need a large team of dexterous and cunning people to work on and find out more about this trap room and how it can be overcome.

Challenge 4 is the “Dragon Eggs”
The gravity of this challenged is simply unparalleled. There are key facts about it, and those who are charged with this task will need to thought craft many separate possible solutions, and then stand back and stare at them all to determine the most likely to succeed. It is my belief that if the eggs hatch, then we will fail this entire mission. If we can manage to extract the eggs somehow I will have them stored in the safest place possible while we decide the best course of action for them.

Challenge 5 is the “Weave Sigils”
There are six sigils that require a pre-determined sequence. It was a smith of the forces of light who created these sigils. You must investigate the life of this smith and potentially his life’s works to see if you can find any insight into what this order would be.

Challenge 6 is “The Pentir Knights”
The Pentir Knights are an ancient order of Spellswords. This challenge will likely be a very brief window of diplomacy or quick thinking. We will have a very short amount of time to convince them to stand down, and so you must exhaust every possible avenue to do so and be prepared for that moment.

The Baron and I will be assigning specific people to oversee the collective work on these challenges. I will announce who those people are during this meeting and will encourage you to go speak to those people to join those groups.

By My Will Be Done,
Count Sebastian Everest of the County of Winterdark
Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 23 Jun 2016 12:05 by Damien (Damien).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Amizar (Amizar), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Arken (Arken), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds