The Festival of Victory!!

• Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
01 Aug 2016 17:29 #1 by Wren (Wren)
The Festival of Victory!! was created by Wren (Wren)
Sir Zelretch Ottenrosse (the Steward of New Andover) and I, Squire Wrenton Revlis et Rayfin'Ehl, would like to invite you all to the FESTIVAL OF VICTORY to celebrate our triumphant victory over the Nulls.

The festival will be held in New Andover in one weeks time and will run for a few days. Any and all are encouraged to stay in one of New Andovers Inns or, for those looking for a cheaper alternative, camp out in the surrounding field for the festival which will be held from the 8th through the 10th. It will be our pleasure to host any visiting Nobles in our Manor House. Wagons will then depart from New Andover on the 10th to carry any would be feast go-ers to the Proper in time for the monthly feast there.

We welcome all vendors, musicians, cooks, bakers, entertainers, bards, tumblers, jugglers, fire swallowers, story tellers, acts/merchants/food providers of any kind. (Act or wares must be permitted by law)

Come and set up a booth and sell your wares or ply your trades. Mix and Mingle while shopping in the markets that will be set up in the fields outside of the city and enjoy the acts and music of the entertainers. Stay up all night sampling drinks from around the world and watch the spellfire-works light up the sky at night. Dance with the love of your life, or the night, near the bandstand.

There will be various games set up during the festival that everyone is encouraged to take a part of in which you, yes you, could win tokens. What are these tokens for? Good question!! They allow you to enter a raffle for FABULOUS PRIZES. These prizes could include anything from adorable festival toys and stuffed animals to alchemy, scrolls, or commodities such as delicious food/ elegant clothing/ luxurious trinkets/ or finely crafted goods for your home. Some games will even have the chance to win one of a kind items that you can hand pick from the New Haven Merchant's Company's Coffers.

Disclaimer: New Haven Merchant Company is run by Wrenton Rayfin 'Ehl and it's available wares are all in accordance to current laws.

I hope to see many of you at the festival!

Sincerely,
Squire Wrenton Revlis et Rayfin'Ehl

(O.O.G)
Anyone helping to set up or work the festival, A.K.A. doing a land action in New Andover, will be entered in a raffle to receive item cards such as alchemy / commodity cards / weapon cards or scrolls.

A few people will win a prop made by me (Adam DeRoner) that you will get to design (aka tell me what you want me to make). This won't include weapons but could include small or medium shields, bags, illustrations or illuminations, scrolls (the informative kind), scroll cases, chalices, necklaces, trinkets to sit on your shelf, portraits of your character, etc etc. I have two art degrees and my internship was in Prop Making, and I will definitely be putting some major work into the prop of your choice in order to make the best prize for you that I can.

All that you need to do in order to enter the raffle and win some prizes is submit a land action for New Andover:

Land: Ostcliff
Settlement: New Andover
Action:

(your choice of)

Public Order - Patrolling the Festival

Promote Trade - setting up a booth and selling something

Entertain/Boost Morale - putting on an act or playing music at the band stand.

Land actions are private so the Land Marshalls ask that you put ("OOG -- Festival Raffle Consent) in your land action description to let them know you agree to having your participation known. They will then add your name to the list of people who are entered in the raffle that they will be sending me.

The raffle will be held Ig at the upcoming event (I'll post when we set the time) and those who got minor prizes can collect them there while those who won the custom props can give me information where to contact them to discuss the prop they want.

Everyone is welcome (and encouraged!) to RolePlay IG that they went to the festival and share the story of whatever crazy or fun thing their character did there even if you don't submit a land action. So think of how your character would party and feel free to tell your friends IG at the event about your ring toss winning throw, or how much booze you chugged, or that pretty girl/handsome boy that you danced the night away with.

If anyone has any IG or OOG questions feel free to send me a Pm : )

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Locke (Jonathon), Simon (BigZ), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds