Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
27 Sep 2016 14:02 - 27 Sep 2016 18:36 #1 by Onca (Lorelai)
Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial was created by Onca (Lorelai)
The Witch Hunters of Travance will be holding a small memorial ceremony for our friend and fellow Hunter, Dominic Strong, who fell last feast to the Homunculus threat.

Academy members and allies available are invited to attend the memorial of Dominic Strong. While we do not like to have lavish ceremonies, it is always important to remember our own, and their sacrifices.

Dominic and I trained together, and sometimes struggled in the void left when our previous Masters were taken from us before we expected. Galladell guards their souls, as he will Dominic's, but he was one of the few who was always there when needed. If I turned to find someone to guard a door, to grab fallen or guard my back, Dominic could be relied on.

I ask that any who would care to join, from the Academy and its friends, join in a memorial for our friend and fellow Hunter, this coming feast. It is to be held at 4 bells on Saturday afternoon, within the witch hunter encampment. This is reached by going out the ramp from the inn and heading directly into the tree line. When the path veers left, follow it to our camp. Please bring any memories of Dominic, and flowers or blessings, but no items should be left behind, as it is not our way.

If anyone has any of the items or personal effects of Dominic that were on his person or wherever he was resting his head, I ask that you return them to the Academy. This, of course, excludes any gifts or willed items, if a will exists.

I thank you all for your time, and hope to see you there.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 27 Sep 2016 18:36 by Onca (Lorelai).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
27 Sep 2016 19:36 #2 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
It grieves me to see that one so young has fallen. Master Dominic was always most kind and enthusiastic in wishing to assist me in my research.

I do still have a small vial of his blood he had given me as a sample for testing. Should the Academy wish it, I could utilize it in the creation of one of my P.I.E.R.C.E. poisons for use against Negative Energy beings. I can think of no other tribute I am capable of that would be more appropriate.

You have my greatest condolences.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
27 Sep 2016 20:30 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
I will be there. I have known Dominic since I first came to Travance, and he was one of the people I could truly consider friend. From what I had heard, he died a warrior, protecting the people of Travance. He died a hero.

May Galladel guard his soul,

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
27 Sep 2016 22:51 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
I will try my hardest to be there for my old friend.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
28 Sep 2016 00:15 #5 by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett)
Replied by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
I will do my best to make sure I am there. He was an amazing friend to all and I definitely cannot miss this.

Squire Inquisitor Dr. Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Von Ritter

OOG: Richard Whitted-Leggett
28 Sep 2016 15:06 - 18 Dec 2019 13:04 #6 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
Though I cannot be in the Proper, on Sunday at sunset, I will say words for Dominic in accordance with the traditions of my people.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:04 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Tobias
  • Thank Yous: 72
30 Sep 2016 14:42 #7 by Tobias (Tobias)
Replied by Tobias (Tobias) on topic Remembering Our Own - Dominic's Memorial
I originally thought of writing this as a letter, but I see no reason not to make my thoughts public. I cannot be present for the memorial, so let this serve as something in its place.

I had the privilege of knowing and working with Dominic. He was a man with little fear in him, and a willingness to sacrifice along with an endless drive toward putting himself as a bulwark between others and the darkness. As I came to learn, like many driven by duty, his drive toward duty was fueled by regret and a painful past. Knowing the little that I do only deepens my respect toward the man and his actions.

Say what you will about his manner, or his battlefield decisions, he was a man who strove to defend others from the evils of this world. I am grateful for his example, but moreso for his friendship, and he will be deeply missed.

Sincerely,

Dr., Tobias Armitage.

Tobias Armitage-
OOG- Jason Feldman

Monster Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds