ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
03 Nov 2016 00:41 #1 by Liz (Liz)
ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants was created by Liz (Liz)
Attention Travance:

Last moon, Private Ebony Hale was attacked by plants and killed. Her body was then controlled by said plants and she attacked the town. The method of how her body was controlled is thought to be literally through the plants entwined within her body.

The Guard as a whole has done investigating into this and we have concluded that these plants are very much predators and dangerous. Private Hale related to me her attack and stated her weapon did nothing to the plants. Her fire magic and later a sword imbued with fire did.

Please keep this in mind. The plants in question have thorns and are extremely stealthy. I have been told that they are very good at detecting things and people that are hidden as well. They have been found more in the woods but one has been recorded to have taken a cow from a farmer in the Crossroads just a few weeks ago. The scene as it was later described was extremely disturbing. Private Kardin Armister stated that he studied the way of the attack and the plants as much as he could with Druidics and has come to the conclusion that these plants are natural- they have not been infected with Blight or anything else.

If you encounter these plants, use caution. Any remains that are left, please bring to the Guard. The Druid's Grove has been contacted on this already and is working in concert with us. Also- should you find any bodies being controlled by plants, kill them but do NOT mess with the bodies in any other way. Should you find yourself in danger from them for some reason after they are dead, record it for later and deal with said danger of course. If you are not, save those bodies for the Guard. This is an active investigation.

Thank you.

Lt. Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
03 Nov 2016 22:43 #2 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants
As an addition to this, I am asking for the Druids to meet me in the Inn at around 2 bells in the morning on Saturday. (OOG note: Friday into Saturday) There is something I would like to discuss with you. Any and all scholars that want to meet then as well would be more then welcome.

Gratitude

Lt Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
03 Nov 2016 23:23 #3 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants
I have taken up the job of assisting the guard with this matter. I have battled these creatures first hand and have investigated their deceased bodies. If you come across one of these abominations and you cannot find a guard please do let me know so that I may further investigate these... things... and report my findings to the guard. (Of course if Lt. Allyce has no issues with this request)

-O. Nesterin
Councilam of the Druids Conclave

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
15 Nov 2016 09:44 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants
Fyi Witchwood/corpsetree combo was discussed at the Ball. Possible Alchemist at work or a botanist splicing bows like we do fruit trees and roses but also I forgot to mention you might want to look into the ritual that had corpse trees growing out of Travancians in Ostcliff a few months back.

Reading back on these details made me think of that...deadly effect.

I have worried for years about Witchwood splinters natualizing this side of the rift.

Cms. B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
17 Nov 2016 02:57 #5 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic ATTENTION: Carnivorous Plants
If I may I would like to add some experiences and discoveries made this past feast about the things in question. More specifically the fact that they do not require an entire intact body to do harm, but a piece of one can be a great boon for it, and a danger to others. For instance, while I was attempting to keep it away from people, someone had the idea to throw a severed hand into whatever it was. This caused the small piece we had to take over the severed hand, morphing it into an arachnid type creature and escape my psionic holding. It didn't take long for it to latch itself onto my chest and begin sucking the life out of me at an alarming speed. In short it would be best to keep all body parts, living or dead, away from even the smallest amount of away from this parasitic plant.

Sincerely
Dezzel Lambden

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds