Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.

• Morgan
  • Thank Yous: 20
26 Jan 2017 13:12 #1 by Morgan (faewinds)
Some of you might remember my husband. Not all of you might have liked him, but I know he did a lot for this town, and I'm unsure of where to go from here.

When you lot went to Fiona's Isle, I stayed on the boat as I was 3 months pregnant and Gregory didn't want me or his potential children getting in any kind of unnecessary danger while staying close by. However, as the only person he was likely to listen to if I told him not to do something, he was largely unsupervised when he encountered a 100 foot Wyrd stone.

Wyrd stones, for those of you who don't know, enhances psionic abilities. As a psion, especially an Ascendant, Gregory immediately lept on the opportunity to attempt to enhance his own.

He poured all his power into it, and it killed him, but as it was Fiona's isle, he came back, and went to try again, even though he was ordered not to by Lady Tartaros. His body was dissapated, and he turned into a being of pure psionic energy.

Now, I realize that people claiming they'll walk the amber path are a dime a dozen in this town, but I actually listened to Gregory's plans, because no matter how much I would have liked to have believed that he would have chosen me when it came to it, Gregory outright told me if he was given such power, he'd take it, and one of the first things he'd do would be to keep me safe.

Apparently, gnomes wandered into town singing the praises of their god, badly pronounced Gregory (Gara Gori or something like that) which means he already has the followers he needs.

This moon, I attempted something stupid and reckless, and my only explanation is that I miss my husband desperatly. I had DeMontefort take my children out of the house and, with the healer i have been training and the untested psions Gregory left me, I attempted a amplified version of a psionic beckoning.

What answered the call was not my husband.

No matter what anyone else might say about anything he did, I know my husband. It was rare that we spent more than a couple of hours apart before he died, and that on top of the fact that I'm Empathic made his loss even more crippling. I know what he felt like to be around, emotionally, physically, even spiritually, as I've brought his arse through the focus. He's been swallowed by anger, so much that I barely recognized him as he drained the psions in my care of all their power and leaving them dead.

I want my children to meet the only man I've ever loved, and I want my Gregory back. Please, please help me.

Morgan

[img

Player: Mary Rose M.
Main: Morgan Cooper, High Priestess Of Glomm, Find Gregory Ya Gahdang Self
Alt: Fiona Hesperus, SAYTR NOT ANTHROPORMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF GOOD, Physician, Scholar
Alt: Elizabeth Spencer, Stonefall
Alt: Briar, Stonefall, Druid
26 Jan 2017 13:17 #2 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
Miss Morgan,

What can we do? I want to help.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Morgan
  • Thank Yous: 20
26 Jan 2017 14:12 #3 by Morgan (faewinds)
Replied by Morgan (faewinds) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
Oh, love, if I knew what I needed I'd have specified, but thank you so much.

[img

Player: Mary Rose M.
Main: Morgan Cooper, High Priestess Of Glomm, Find Gregory Ya Gahdang Self
Alt: Fiona Hesperus, SAYTR NOT ANTHROPORMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF GOOD, Physician, Scholar
Alt: Elizabeth Spencer, Stonefall
Alt: Briar, Stonefall, Druid
26 Jan 2017 15:23 #4 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
I find his actions to be admirable, and it is a shame that someone who was willing to risk so much, did not get what it is that they wanted in return. On top of which you say his psych is warped and filled with rage?

May I suggest we in some way trying to sooth his mind, perhaps a "clarity bomb" may help; assuming it could affect him in his current state.

Than I feel as though he would need to gain some level of controle over himself. This may involve draining some of his current power to put him at a more stable state.

I myself am looking to do something similar to what your husband accomplished ,but for different reasons and I am hopeful of different outcomes. Maybe to help myself in my endeavor, I may extend a helping hand to learn from his mistakes.

Me and my Wife, a healer as well, will not be there this feast. Next feast however we will. There, if you are attending, I would like to discuss this with you, and see what I can offer as help. If we are not so fortunate to be able to talk, than I emplore you to send me a missive so we may discuss the subject in that manner.

I will discuss this with Irene until than. I wish you the best of luck, until we may talk.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
26 Jan 2017 17:22 #5 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
I would ask any psions to be extremely careful if you involve yourself with this endeavor.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
26 Jan 2017 17:29 #6 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
Don't know what I could do to help with this one. However I like you Morgan, you've always lended me a hand. So if you need me let me know.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
26 Jan 2017 17:46 #7 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
Anything but, as always Dirge.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
26 Jan 2017 18:34 #8 by Wren (Wren)
Sounds like he might have turned into an Esper of rage. I'm very limited in my knowledge of psionics however. I suggest seeking the council of Karkat or Sylus Crone.

If you find out what needs to be done let me know, I'm willing to help in whatever way I can.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
26 Jan 2017 19:18 - 27 Jan 2017 00:29 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
He got what he wanted.
You were just never part of that.
A monster was fed and grew strong.

Wrenton, he's no Esper.
Espers are something we connect to.
He is a freak that needs destroying.

I could help,
But only if you want him dead.

(This section of the post has been torn off)

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 27 Jan 2017 00:29 by Aleister (Aleister).
26 Jan 2017 20:12 #10 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
For different reasons my friend, there is no power I seek; unlike our poor friend here. Your suggestion of murder is understandable however. I only wonder what my friends would think.
I am cretin I do not scare you Kainen, and I do not wish to.

Gaija get so blinded sometimes, I did not have the pleasure of knowing Gregory. From how his wife speaks of him, I can however tell that at least from her point of view he is a good man; only "unstable" in his current state. That is the forward most reason I offer my services, as risky as Dirge may warn it to be. The second most is to learn from his mistakes, as I have said; In hopes to not turn into a "Purple Angry Cloud", as unclear as I am on how threatening that may be.

Do you feel the rage in yourself now? Or remember a time you have felt such a feeling? If so you very well could connect with Gregory; so in all honesty he could be an Esper... just not your favorite kind I suppose.

Still if you wish to peruse your death parade against Gregory or myself I will leave this here for you...remember I have not threatened you.... but to suggest something of your nature, I would argue is to conspire...
(**oog you see a transcript of the laws of travance folded in a way to only legibly reveal 2 of the laws; pinned underneath**)
None shall conspire to break with a law of the Barony.
None shall bring harm or attempt to bring harm to another, excepting in the virtue of defense.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Jan 2017 20:36 #11 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
For such a good man,
He begged very hard for Miranda's power.
He wanted to join the Ebon Hound.
He, in past days, preached the Corruptor.
For such a good man,
He was a servant of very Evil powers.

Znajomy,
The Espers are not creatures born here.
Gregory only shed his body.
The powers we connect with are not like him.
They are symbiotic to us.
You may want to learn from one who knows,
Before meeting the Devourer.

Van Kainen

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
26 Jan 2017 21:01 #12 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
I must say for such an ominous individual your writing reminds me of bardics, such as a poem with no rhymes; this is not a complement nor an insult.

~Melancholy nights praise malicious plights, when the sins of the obedient outweigh those of the thief, for all the right reasons.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Jan 2017 23:34 - 27 Jan 2017 00:30 #13 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
What should be needless to say, is that in addition to its moral reprehensibility, murder of a townsmember is illegal within this Barony. Advocacy in pursuance is, as M. Potrevski pointed out, also a violation of our laws.

Van Kainen, you are hereby ordered to meet with the Magistrate regarding your sentencing upon your next visit to the Proper, accompanied by a member of the Baronial Guard.

In Service,
Sergeant Nalick DeMonteforte

Last edit: 27 Jan 2017 00:30 by Aleister (Aleister).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Jan 2017 00:29 #14 by Aleister (Aleister)
But the pursuit of an act,
Which was expressly forbidden by a Lady,
is not illegal.
I just want you to be clear, Nalick.
Because Morgan's husband has killed several already,
And you're not discouraging following his actions.

Yet I'm the criminal.

Van Kainen

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
27 Jan 2017 06:54 #15 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Gregory Cooper, Former Squire of Ostcliff. Help Requested.
Morgan,
Such a mission will not be attempted without the approval of Lord Rudolph. I suggest you speak with your Lord at first opportunity, lest you lead your friends to their deaths. When your words include such phrases as "stupid and reckless" and "power" I become greatly concerned.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
27 Jan 2017 11:54 #16 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
As I've said, blind.
I do not intend to use this wyrd in question; there is simply to much power to effectively controle. Why would I try and do the same exact thing, and expect different results? That would be idiotic. As I have said I wish to learn from the mistakes made here, I consider destroying his physical form against a giant wyrd one of these mistakes... If for some reason I was to want to ever use this particular stone, I would go through the proper and legal means of doing so.

Although I do have a question to ask about Gregory.
How many times has he been threw the phocus?
I ask this because our violent friend here may have an idea, I am not certain on how the phocus works, but do you suppose killing him may allow him to be resurrected as his old self?
I suggest this as mearly an option.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds