Message from the Chancellor of the Arts, February 21, 1217

• Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
21 Feb 2017 17:16 - 21 Feb 2017 23:10 #1 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Message from the Chancellor of the Arts, February 21, 1217 was created by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Greetings, subjects of Travance!

This is your Chancellor of the Arts, Sindarion Sinclair!

Well. Perhaps I should say former Chancellor.

This is my formal resignation of the aforementioned position, which I am first announcing within Dragon's Claw Inn, as it is one of the most-frequented taverns within Travance Proper and it was the first public house of the barony I had set foot in so many years ago.

I would like to let it be known that I am not leaving this position because of any political reason, nor because of any mistreatment I have suffered while during my sojourn - namely, because there is and was absolutely none at all. On the contrary, I have been treated with respect and admiration.

I regret to inform you all that I have found myself incredibly bored.

Or. Perhaps boredom is the wrong term.

Perhaps. Perhaps stagnation is a far more apropos descriptor. I have been pleased to act in a managerial position of the goings-on in the artistic communities within Travance, but I cannot, in good faith, consign myself to a state of semi-celebrity when in reality, my true talents lie elsewhere.

I have donned the role of a loyal vassal. I have been a Baronial squire. I have played the part of a Chancellor. My time as each has taught me many valuable things about myself, the world around us, and the land we live in. One of the first and foremost lessons as I am reminded of daily is that Travance holds a place in my heart and it is truly a land I love, and I wish to do the best I can for the values I have seen it come to embody.

The face that most see me wear is that of a carefree bard, content in his own idiosyncrasies and numerous eccentricities.

It is not the only one I've worn, but it is one I am steadily outgrowing. Have been outgrowing. I may certainly enjoy acting the fool, but its pleasantries are quickly growing stale. The legacy of the entitled fool, while one I seem to have poured a good deal of effort into building, is not the one I'd like to leave behind.

Ergo.

I believe it's time for a change.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure working with you so far within the purview of the titles mentioned before, and it will continue to be a pleasure working for the betterment of Travance in the times yet to come.

How, you may ask? Well, I'm not one to ruin the ending to a performance.

Be sure to enjoy the show, tickets may or may not be on sale on an indeterminate point in the future!

Sincerely,
Sindarion Sinclair
Vagabond Harper

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 21 Feb 2017 23:10 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Kardin (Ben), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Mantel (sigma-j)
27 Feb 2017 20:47 #2 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Message from the Chancellor of the Arts, February 21, 1217
Thank you for all the things you've done, Mr. Sindarion!

I've liked you a lot in all the hats you wear.

I'm excited to see who you grow into next!

Never stop growing!

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds