A Visiting Pastor

13 Mar 2017 20:17 #1 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
A Visiting Pastor was created by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Not Cade Tanwyn

Hello Travance!

I am a traveling pastor of Valos and will be visiting your town this coming Saturday. I have been vocationally preaching His word and doing missionary work for about eight years now. If you keep up with modern theology you may have heard of my sermon on the on the Bent Coin and the Beggar that took place in the Dread Hills. It was quite well received so I have been told. I am an avid student of theology myself and would love nothing more than to talk with any of you about your beliefs. If you need any prayer or counsel as long as I am in town, as briefly as I am, I will available for counsel. And if you would have me, I would love to give a mass. Does your town have a temple or church? What are your major denominations? I have sense taking up “tent making” and am currently employed by a traveling circus. If Travance seems welcoming I may be able to make another visit not too far off in the future.

Humbly,
Father Michael Greyfield

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
13 Mar 2017 21:34 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Father,

It will be a pleasure to have you visiting. I'm sorry you won't be arriving until Saturday, as I give my Mass of Life, Light and Nature on Friday Evening at Midnight. I would be happy to meet up with you at some point on Saturday to discuss religion as well.

We have a number of Altars, including an Altar of Light set up at at the Baronial Manor, and altars to all the gods of light and neutrality set up in the Kaladonia altar space. You would be welcome to use either. I'm sure our local Valosian clergy can tell you of other altars you can use.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
14 Mar 2017 15:43 #3 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Not Cade: Mr Eirson, thank you for the quick response. It is a pleasure to hear from someone who leads such a diverse mass. I may be able to arrive earlier. Where does your mass take place? Would you permit me to say a few words? How well attended is it typically? I would love to meet some of your disciples as well. -Father Michael Greyfield

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
14 Mar 2017 22:08 #4 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Father Michael,
I hope this missive finds you well. May your visit to Travance be fruitful and filled with Light. It will be good to have a fellow Velosian priest here.
I am new to Travance myself and am still learning about the Barony, but there are other clergy here who would most graciously point out the locations of altars, missions, and local congregations.
The Dragon's Claw Inn is a good place to meet the many people attending the monthly Baronial Feast. The Inn would be a good place to see a cross section of clergy, followers, and non-followers alike. Brother Aldric even conducts a mass there at times. Perhaps I will see you there. I would welcome theological discussion and news of missionary work in other lands.

Yours,
Father Ephrem of the Holy Light

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
15 Mar 2017 10:22 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Father,

Midnight mass is held at the Kaladonia altar space, weather permitting. If the flock would not be able to stay outside, I will move it into their statehouse if needed.

All are welcome to speak at my mass, so long as they are respectful to the gods and the others in attendance. All clergy of light are asked to participate if willing.

The topics and locations of the masses of light are late being posted this month, but hopefully will be posted soon.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
16 Mar 2017 01:40 #6 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Mr. Father Michael Greyfield,

I love learning things! I would love to talk to you! You can tell me what you think of all the Kormyrian gods, and I can tell you what my people in Khitan believe! It will be very much fun! I can't wait to learn!

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
16 Mar 2017 01:53 #7 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A Visiting Pastor
I'm going to try to attend Midnight mass this month, brother!

this likely means the town is going to catch fire entirely.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
19 Apr 2017 00:29 #8 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A Visiting Pastor
Father Michael Greyfield,
I hope this missive finds you well. I remember your visit during the last baronial feast and your attendance at Gothi Caldor's Mass of Light at midnight. It was unfortunate that we never had the opportunity to discuss theology and beliefs at the Inn. I was very much interested in the subject of justice that you brought up at mass and had hoped to meet with you to talk. Perhaps another opportunity will arise.
I recall in your original missive to the clergy of Travance that you have taken up employment as a tent-maker in one of the circuses that travel about. Would that be the same circus that I have recently seen posted as arriving at the up and coming baronial feast? If so, then perhaps we will have the occasion to meet again.

Yours in faith and justice,
Father Ephrem of the Holy Light

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds