Decoded Wizards Journal (April 2017)

26 Apr 2017 19:00 #1 by Jonas Menden (sweno)
Decoded Wizards Journal (April 2017) was created by Jonas Menden (sweno)
Hello Everyone-

I hope I'm following proper procedure here. If not, I would appreciate being informed of the proper place to post this.
My name is Jonas Menden and I'm a fairly regular occupant of the scholars table. This previous moon an collection of pages from a deceased wizards journal was brought to the scholars table, encoded with his private cypher. With the help of Dimetri Yhatzi and a guard and fellow follower of the chronicler, whose name sadly escapes me at the moment, we were able to decode the contents of the journal.

I'm posting this in the hope that others may have more insight into it's contents.

The contents are disturbing. They detail a decent into obsession and possibly madness. So I'm going to hide the full text for those of us who may be prone to obsession, mental instability, or compulsions. I will summarize as best I can below.

The wizard, name unknown, is plagued by dreams of an unnamed female.
She searches for weeks to find a magic door. Eventually she finds it in a cliff face.
She manages to get the door open by singing a sorrowful song and proceeds into the quiet darkness.
She lights her way with magic, and walks the rough stone hallways. Passing doors like the one she entered through.
The wizard begins to hear whispers telling him to turn back.
As she delves deeper into the maze a thump is heard, like some gigantic heartbeat.
The female rushes through the maze, seeking a specific door.
She finds it and proceeds to try and pick the lock as the thumps and whispers grow louder.
She manages to open the door, and the thumps and whispers stop suddenly.
The wizards wakes up to her screams.
The wizard is convinced this place is real and begins to search for it.
He eventually finds it and is unable to open it.
He starts to hear the whispers when he is awake.
He talks to the nearby villagers and they tell him that none who entered have returned.

There are names mentioned and the verse of a cautionary song, but I will refrain from listing them to those who may stumble upon this notice unaware.

Full text below:

Warning: Spoiler!

OOG: Terry Guldimann
In Game: Jonas Menden
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Jack Webb (MichaelCantor), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
26 Apr 2017 22:05 - 26 Apr 2017 22:06 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Decoded Wizards Journal (April 2017)
I'm happy to see this completed. Thank you for sharing Jonas.

-Squire Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 22:06 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds