Research & Elevensies at the Extended Feast - Thursday 11am

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
19 May 2017 13:38 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Research & Elevensies at the Extended Feast - Thursday 11am was created by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Hello, Travance!

I have heard whisperings that a great many of us have a truly staggering amount of research to do concerning Icarus, Necrophitus, and other such things. I have always found that research goes faster with company (and company also makes for more sources), so I will be hosting a research tea at around 11 bells Thursday morning of the extended Feast. Weather permitting, it will be just outside the inn so we can all enjoy the fresh air; otherwise, it will be inside the inn. I will be providing some beverages and snacks, but if anyone else wants to bring some to share it would be appreciated!

Even if you are not a scholar, you are welcome to join us, as long as you are willing to share your knowledge.

In Service to Travance,

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
19 May 2017 16:02 #2 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Research & Elevensies at the Extended Feast - Thursday 11am
I am eagerly awaiting this

Taylor Meise
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
19 May 2017 17:08 #3 by Wren (Wren)
I'll make sure to attend; I have an ever-growing list of things to research.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
19 May 2017 17:41 - 19 May 2017 18:06 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
I have only just started to learn the basics of research! I also have many things to research and will bring a list and would be happy for assistance on it! I am unsure if I can be there the whole time as Lord Tartaros is having a lesson at 3 bells that I would like to attend and thusly the help would be useful since I would like to try and get all of my research done before then since I must return to Stonefall before I come back for the feast.

Will we have access to commonly used resources of the scholars table? I will need to rely on others tomes to help aid me in my research.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 19 May 2017 18:06 by Narcis (ChrisR).
20 May 2017 16:30 - 20 May 2017 16:32 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Research & Elevensies at the Extended Feast - Thursday 11am
Leliana and anyone else interested,

The majority of the recent batch of books bound to the table are from my library and I have copies. Send me a missive for any particular books you're looking for and I will try to assist. I can even provide a list of the books here if it would help?

-Squire Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 20 May 2017 16:32 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
20 May 2017 20:39 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Squire Darkwood,

I am looking for resources on the following topics, should anyone have tomes on these and can bring them to the research party I would be most grateful.

If possible if I could read and study some books on creatures such as Aberrations and Liches. I would also like to look more into Chaos/Negative Energy as well as Positive Energy. If anyone has books on Experimental Techniques, especially if it is focused on magical methods and also any academic books about Rituals would be useful. While I know a great deal about the Weave, any purely academic readings on it would be welcomed. Any books on Khitan as well as Doth Moria as well would be useful for me looking into happenings recently.

For more intense work I will require books on Ancient History of the world as well as Artifacts of the world, especially those one may consider Legendary. Legends and tales of the world as well as Legacies of import will probably also aid me greatly in this area of study. Finally if anyone has any books on Places of Power in the world I would be most grateful.

Finally, I need brains and people to talk to in order to bump questions off of and to help me best synthesize this shear amount of information in a concise and dedicated way.

Thank you Love!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
21 May 2017 00:07 - 21 May 2017 00:08 #7 by Wren (Wren)
I will bring all of my tomes; which include tomes on legends, rituals, magic, places of power, and experimental techniques.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
Last edit: 21 May 2017 00:08 by Wren (Wren).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds