Searching for Visagalis Clergy

• Blackfarrow
  • "My name is Death, and the end is near."
  • Thank Yous: 28
19 Jun 2017 13:09 #1 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Searching for Visagalis Clergy was created by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
I was told to come here in search of the Clergy of Visagalis. His tenets interest me greatly and I've sought out to become a Follower of him, but I've learned much about his past, his place in the proper, and the low numbers of his Clergy. Is there anyone that can help me here?

- Jurian Blackfarrow

Jurian Blackfarrow
Private of the Baronial Guard of Travance

OOG: Isaiah Roa
19 Jun 2017 23:24 #2 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
Not trying to be disrespectful but have you considered maybe just going to the bar and having a pint instead? It's a bit more fun and way cheaper than religion in my experience. If your heart is set on religion search out Caldor when you get to the proper. He's not a visigol-er or whatever. But he's got his finger on the faithful of Travance. And is one of the few preaching types that everyone respects. He'll be able to point you the right way.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
19 Jun 2017 23:45 #3 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
Commodore Tanwyn,

Friend, I am very familiar with that philosophy, and respect your suggestion, but suspect that your advice may come across as a tad trivializing of this Blackfarrow's query.

Jurian Blackfarrow,

Yes, there has been quite the tumult in the Church of Visigalis. You may come speak to me of it if you find me in Proper. I am an arcanist and religious scholar, and am personally aware of much of the developments and crises affecting the church, as well as most others in a far more general sense.

I can second master Cade's suggestion above to seek out Caldor, though I will warn you that his views on the lord Visigalis are less than favorable, and are in line with how much of the Proper tends to view this Anastazi who wields divine powers. If that term is also unfamiliar to you, I would be happy to explain it.

Ask around for me, I should be remaining near the Dragons' Claw Inn when possible.

--Mantel Warrane
Sylph, Mage, and Scholar

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Jun 2017 02:18 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
Naut reely one of the god foke in town but no of them and cood sho yoo to them if askd.

~Chet

20 Jun 2017 15:21 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I do wish people would not claim to know my opinions on Visigalis, as they are currently unsettled. As we strive to a new era of Unity, I open my mind and heart to being swayed.

Specifically, I am waiting to see if and how Visigalis steps up to assist his followers, and those of divinity in the greater picture, in our time of crisis. Should Visigalis participate as the other gods do, and come to the aid of the faithful who call upon his name, I will treat him as such. Should their prayers fall upon deaf ears, or should no response be received, I will consider otherwise.

Having said that, I would be more than happy to assist you in your search to find clergy of your faith. I have known quite a few in the small time we have known of Visigalis, but many have either abandoned the faith or simply stopped returning to the proper. If we cannot find you one in the proper, perhaps some of the faithful not of the cloth can help your goals.

Sadly, I do not expect to be in the proper for the next two moons, so we would have to have this meeting later in the year once temperatures return to a more livable level. Should my plans change and I am able to make it, I will let you know.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
20 Jun 2017 15:30 #6 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Caldor,

You have my apologies, I had misunderstood your words from last Feast, and admit that I should have let them lay where they were said. I can sympathize with your reasonings, however.

--Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
21 Jun 2017 00:17 #7 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
I am a Friar of the Aspect of Fate. My Lord husband follows the teachings of War and Knowledge. Seek us out at the next Feast, or in Oringard if you are inclined to travel south. I would be happy to discuss with you the teachings of the Aspects.

The unsolicited judgement presented here indicates a clear lack of understanding of the Aspects. Visagalis is by no means an Anastazi. When He succumbed to the clutches of mortality and ascended to the throne of Godhood, His footsteps leaving an Amber Path in His wake, the way was paved for those who embodied the Aspects of Mortality to follow this road to the heavens. He gave a piece of Himself to each risen God as they joined him in the Divine Realms. He gave Himself to the world, along with His physical being, and He answers your prayers when you call upon the earth or the Aspects or even His name, though it was forgotten so long you decided to call him Arawyn instead. Visagalis is the purest embodiment of the wonder of mortality - the exact things that set the inhabitants of this world apart from the Astral. To claim he is an Anastazi and not a God is as wildly untrue as claiming there is no Rift separating us from greater Kormyre.

Ten years ago, it was considered heresy to believe that Valos was once a mortal king and that Syrith was ever a God to exist. Your dismissal of my God's teachings is nothing new to me. I have lived a hundred lifetimes - I watched the Godstorm happen and watched it fade to folktale. You would think events of that scale would not be so easily forgotten, but the memory of mortals is such a tricky thing. Just because no one seems to know something doesn't mean it's not true.

Angelica Marie Tellinghast Tartaros, the Lioness
Vice-Admiral of the Kormyrial Royal Navy
Lady of Drega'mire

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
21 Jun 2017 00:36 #8 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Your Ladyship, Angelica Marie Tellinghast Tartaros, Lady Drega'mire,

You mistake my reference to Visigalis as an insult, and you have my sincerest apologies for that misunderstanding.

The status of the Church of Visigalis is a large point of lament for me, and I tend to become rather hopeless in tone when referring to it. I too have a vested interest in this faith, and have been seeking to correct the false understanding of the faith I have inherited from my fellow townsmembers secondhand. One of those falsehoods apparently was the claim that Visigalis was an Anastazi, something I heard from an otherwise reputable source in my first moon here in Travance. My perception of him as an Anastazi did not color him as an enemy or something that would intend to do us harm, I must add. That is something others have claimed.

This is yet another instance where my intent to help has instead done harm. I will learn to hold my tongue in the future, and apologize for my unintentional slight on your faith. With your permission, I, too, would like to have the opportunity to meet you and discuss your faith. I hope that my mistake has not ruined such an opportunity.

--Mantel Warrane

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

21 Jun 2017 19:16 #9 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
Lady Tartaros,

If Visigalis is what we know as Arawyn, does that mean that those who are druidically inclined utilize the power of a God? Or am I perhaps misunderstanding what you are saying.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan)
  • Blackfarrow
26 Jun 2017 21:44 #10 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Replied by Blackfarrow (Roman64) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
So during my visit to Travance in June, I met with what I believe was a Cleric by the name of Dominic, and he helped me understand the ways of Visagalis and how his system of worship and clergy works. I am 100% sold and wish to be baptized under him next time I visit Travance. Now I just have to find a Priest or Cleric who may be able too! Would've done it back then but we had a Skull and Assassins to deal with.

Jurian Blackfarrow

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
26 Jun 2017 22:51 #11 by Mantel (sigma-j)
M. Blackfarrow,

You will want to find Lady Friar Angelica Tartoros. If you cannot find her, I trust that Fate will be granting me the Wisdom of how to baptize very soon, and will gladly perform that for you.

Dominic Strong was once a Father of the faith, but has since abdicated to prove the point that any faithful Follower of a God can be a faithful Servant, regardless of their ability to wield the power of the Divine.

I apologize, I had kept my ear out for you at last Feast, but was unable to find you. I will attempt asking around for you at next, and suggest you do the same. We will meet in the middle somewhere.

I additionally apologize for not introducing myself properly. You may refer to me henceforth as Friar Mantel.

--Friar Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Blackfarrow
26 Jun 2017 23:00 #12 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Friar Mantel,

Thank you very much for that information! I apologize for being unable to meet with you this past feast but the Guard had its hands full with Goblins, Assassins, Undead Ronin Kansai and the like. We were swamped the whole day, but this upcoming one should allow me to meet with either you or Friar Angelica.

I would most likely be encountered either at the Barracks or the Inn as I frequent those two places the most, though I will also be shadowing Ebony Hale or any of the other Guards. As it nears we can both hopefully get a better idea of where Travance will need us to be.

Thank you very much once again!

Jurian Blackfarrow

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Jun 2017 19:16 #13 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Jurian,

Ah, that helps things along. Ebony, Arradir, Nalick, and Captain Oren are all familiar with me, as well as Imrahil and Angrin. Each can help point you in my direction, as well as most Ostvolk.

I am typically to be found either at the Inn or in Ostcliff, unless I have been taken away from Proper to combat threats.

I look forward to our meeting.

--Friar Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
27 Jun 2017 20:47 #14 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
Jurian, I'm happily surprised my words have brought you to this point of baptism. If you need any advice or assistance I would be more than willing to assist you.

Friar Mantel, I had no idea I was attempting to make any point. I really wish people would tell me when I'm attempting to do symbolic things and not just following my own will. It makes things really awkward later.

Lady Angelica. Back when the Null first began there rampage I had made the hypothesis that Visigalis and Arawyn were the same being, based on a single one of the Null being able to absorb both forms of strength. (Divine and Druidic) However I later informed this wasn't the case after reading a few passages from an interview made public with Fiona, stating that the two were different beings all together. I was also informed around the same time that Arawyn is or was an Anastazi originally placed to keep watch over the test of good vs evil and then began to grow a fondness for us mortals and decided to aid us instead of his/her fellow Anastazi.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Jun 2017 21:05 #15 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Dominic,

Again. Using your words, as you spoke them before our God.

If anyone else takes issue with quotation, then I will henceforth refrain from it, though perhaps you should simply speak what you intend rather than mislead.

... Apologies for my frustration. You are my friend.

--Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
27 Jun 2017 21:13 #16 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
I'm sorry for the confusion my friend, let me clarify them a little. I don't believe one requires to have divine power from there god to be a good follower. Simply follow the philosophical teachings of the god.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Jun 2017 00:54 #17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
I agree wholeheartedly.

-Father Nalick, High Priest of the Church of Andorra

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
28 Jun 2017 21:39 #18 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
That cult is still around? How very droll.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
21 Jul 2017 05:13 #19 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Jurian, and any others interested in Visigalis,

Attend the United Mass of Eodra. Kaladonia Altar Space. Midnight, Tonight.

I will not be speaking. But the Union of the faiths is, for now, in the absence of a Priest, close to the Balance our deity promotes. I will be in attendance, and we can speak more briefly after.

Protect yourselves this evening. Especially your minds. And do not walk alone. There are Mortal Hunters about.
--Friar Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

• Blackfarrow
21 Jul 2017 09:28 #20 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Unfortunately I won't be present in Travance until Saturday so I won't be able to attend this mass. I deeply apologize and hope to find you all in the time's after.

-Jurian

Jurian Blackfarrow

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 Jul 2017 13:00 #21 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Searching for Visagalis Clergy
** Not Caelvan**

If you would like to speak about Death and fate this feast, seek me out on Saturday. I'm not a Priest of Visigalis, but I believe I am knowledgable on these two topics.

I look forward to speaking with you.
-Z'Hade Enam Merikh Tazam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackfarrow (Roman64), Django (Topgunwov)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.619 seconds