Changes with the United Churches of Light

20 Jun 2017 21:22 #1 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Changes with the United Churches of Light was created by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
The United Churches of Light have existed as a collaborating council of elected Priors representing the faithful and Clergy for each God of the Light. We have completed two, six month cycles of these elected representatives and the stability this has brought to the Church has seen us able to finally serve the People as we have wished. The final proof of this stability is our consensus that one voice serve to represent the clergy of all four Light Gods. I am humbled to announce that the United Light Churches of Travance have chosen myself as that representative.

The title they have asked I take is Primus, which means I speak for the Churches here, and coordinate our activity for the betterment of all people in Travance and beyond. My term is for one year, at which time a Church convocation will convene to elect the next Primus. My job is to ensure the Church endures long enough for my successor to carry on our work.

For now, know that our Clergy exist to serve the people of the Barony and our Gods. With a unified voice, we, together, will bring the Light to all.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
20 Jun 2017 22:40 #2 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
Primus Aldric, congratulations on this honor and responsibility.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
21 Jun 2017 00:37 #3 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
Forgive my ignorance. But how is this reorganization different from the way the Churches of Light were previously organized, back under a Bishop? Is this not simply a return to a previous way?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
21 Jun 2017 01:21 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
I think the difference is in the term of service, my friend. He's appointed for a year.

Regardless, I trust you will do well, Primus Aldric. I will of course continue to debate you about whether I should follow the Judge of Souls or Valos, as we always do. It will be a pleasure, friend.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
21 Jun 2017 01:39 - 21 Jun 2017 01:40 #5 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
Primus Aldric

Congratulations, we look forward to seeing you and having back the spiritual voice of the people.
If there is anything that we can help the united church achieve for the people we will lend aid the best we can. Let us work together in a united front to help the people grow in strength and in spirit.

Surely this day marks a new strong beginning in terms of spirituality for the people. May the Gods bless us all.

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
Last edit: 21 Jun 2017 01:40 by Pluvious (Pluvious).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
21 Jun 2017 06:51 #6 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
Annora,

The other main difference is the Primus is appointed by the decision of the active clergy he serves, and he speaks for us. The role of Bishop was appointed from the Pontif, and was an authority over the clergy.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
21 Jun 2017 08:39 #7 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Changes with the United Churches of Light
Ah, I see the difference. Thank you for the clarification, Caldor.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds