Information on Negative Energy Creatures

• Blackfarrow
  • "My name is Death, and the end is near."
  • Thank Yous: 28
01 Aug 2017 21:11 #1 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Information on Negative Energy Creatures was created by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
I'm seeking general information regarding creatures under the umbrella term of Negative Energy Beings. All I've been able to gain so far is knowledge that:

Silver affects Werewolves, Gold affects True Warlocks, and Copper affects Mummies.

I'm looking weaknesses, types of monsters, advice on encountering them, anything I can have in my back pocket when dealing with the dangers of Travance.

Thank you!

Jurian Blackfarrow
Private of the Baronial Guard of Travance

OOG: Isaiah Roa
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
02 Aug 2017 02:12 #2 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
I am no expert on negative energy beings, but I have encountered what I've been told are called 'werespiders'. They are a dangerous sort, capable of ensnaring you with their webs from great distances. The ropelike silk of the werespider can be easily broken by those with great strength, escaped from much like normal bindings, or cut by an outside party. If one found the briefest amounts of farmwork to be difficult at times, like yours truly, the web can be made ineffective by methods that would prevent a layman from restraining you: a wizard's 'Scorching Touch', for example.

I would seek out the witch hunters for more specific information. I personally would recommend Argyle, as he is quite passionate about the slaying of such beings.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
02 Aug 2017 18:29 #3 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
Private Blackfarrow,

There are a great many knowledgeable scholars and witch hunters within this town. Any one of them would likely be more than happy to sit down with you to fill in any gaps within your knowledge. As Mr. Winstonshire has said, Master Argyle is a fine source of information. I should also rather recommend Loremaster Edwin Haroldson, as he has likely forgotten more than most laymen will ever know in their lives.

I wish you luck in your studies. They are quite worthy of spending time upon.

In science and progress,
Dr. Nigel Whitworth

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
03 Aug 2017 07:52 - 03 Aug 2017 07:54 #4 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
Jurian,

I agree with the others in recommending Argyle. I am also a witCH hunter myself, and can both share what I know and bring you to Argyle. I'm easy to spot - I've got blue green hair even when I'm a peachy Coast Havener. Find me next feast and I can make introductions if you want them. I'm sure Reyna could too. Or he may see this before then.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
Last edit: 03 Aug 2017 07:54 by Kestrel (Kestrel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
06 Aug 2017 08:20 #5 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
While I am not a Witch Hunter, I am quite well versed in some of these creatures. Having resided in the presence of an Incubus and Succubus for a number of years (a long story that I will not bore you with here), I am particularly knowledgeable in the subject of Demonology. Feel free to send a missive to my library in Stonefall or seek me out when I am in Travance.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
07 Aug 2017 23:20 #6 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
Another aspiring hunter? Good. So long as you are passionate enough to do what must be done in any given situation against the night, you will help us all survive to see the day. Leave any personal vendetta that you may have behind you, the night can use it against you as leverage. We need not give them any advantages over us. The passion to keep the natural and supernatural order in check is all you're going to need in this fight. Stick to your wits, stick with us, and we'll forge you into a weapon of positive energy. And remember this; stupid is not forgiven.

We'll see to it that you meet with Argyle. We know you.
-Leon

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
16 Aug 2017 19:17 #7 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Information on Negative Energy Creatures
Private Blackfarrow,
While I will be remaining in my keep for a while, if you have any questions regarding specific entities, feel free to send me a missive and I'll do the best to answer your queries. While I've given up the path of the Shadow Huntress for a different one, I still make it my business to understand and oppose creatures of negative energy, and will always help enlighten others about such enemies.

Yours,
Dame Amalthea Laurent-Belmont

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j), Blackfarrow (Roman64), Kestrel (Kestrel)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds