Proposal for a Harvest Festival

08 Oct 2017 19:20 - 11 Oct 2017 14:09 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Proposal for a Harvest Festival was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Hello everyone,

While I generally host a festival away from the Proper between feasts, I wanted to try and set one here. This time of year tends to dredge up negative feelings and I would like to show the brighter side of celebration as well as to teach the cautionary tales of the season.

While this is being hosted by myself and the Darkwood Academy, I would like to extend the offer to anyone willing to provide their traditions for this time of year. This request stems from Jurian’s curiosity about the various traditions set for Galladel’s Watch and the other various names it goes by in the visited parts of the world.

We have a few things being prepared so far:
-A fighting tournament
-Face painting
-A scavenger hunt
-Pumpkin carving contest
-Dancing (practice for Moresca Ball)
-Some food (We do not have much food. More food would be helpful if you have something festive to make. You can sell it too if you like!)

If the weather stays nice we will be outside using the shrine and tourney ring set near there. If not, around the inn.

If you do not want to do anything directly and want to tell me of a tradition, I will make sure it is portrayed to your specifications if it is appropriate.

If you’d like to see what you can donate to help with the festivities, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Safe travels and be well,

Squire Ilana Darkwood of Pendarvin

(I have been granted permission by James to give out the standard SP for donations to the festival. Donations include cash. These are listed in the Rulebook.)

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 11 Oct 2017 14:09 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
11 Oct 2017 14:10 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Proposal for a Harvest Festival
A few more events added by generous hosts. I'll be accepting requests for events until Friday, but anything anyone is interested in giving to the festival is always accepted.

If able, let me know ahead of time so we do not end up with too much of one thing.

Thank you all for your time!

Squire Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • JR
  • Thank Yous: 41
11 Oct 2017 14:49 #3 by JR (jlratti)
Replied by JR (jlratti) on topic Proposal for a Harvest Festival
At 2pm There will be Cèilidh dancing taught to get ready for the Winterdark Ball! Cèilidh is a traditional Scottish ballroom type dancing. My wife will be leading the class as she has been doing this kind of dancing since a small child growing up in Scotland! Come check out the traditional music and dancing of the Scottish Highlands dating back centuries!

-JR

(sorry for the semi-OOG aspect of this)

-Salim

The road goes ever on.

OOG: JR
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds