An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons

15 Nov 2017 20:58 - 15 Nov 2017 21:00 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Hello everyone,

If you weren't around last moon and have not heard: There's a very large portal to the Abyssal Realm of Earth opened along the outskirts of Travance. It's allowing demons to easily come through. That's not the worst part.

The worst part is the Abyssal Lord of Earth, Kalen Maitel, is part Faerie and has escaped the Abyss causing that realm to become unstable which will eventually take out the Prime Material (think Xualla and portals opening everywhere until it's everything)

Since he's part Faerie, he has the ability to get to the realm of Faerie eventually now that he has escaped (and he very much wants to 'go home') which means the corruption of an entire domain and they all become witches (think of when the town was dealing with Aurora the Wave Queen and Alluria the Flame Queen when they were corrupted)

Mother and the Jailor, the Lords of Fire and Ice respectively, came to town asking for/offering help to get Kalen back into the Abyss. We need to sign a contract with them for them to provide assistance.

Obviously, the majority of the town doesn't want to deal with demons.

I think, if we all cooperate really hard together, that we won't have to.

Things we need to accomplish:

1) Get Kalen *or* the Abyssal Power of the Earth Throne back into the Abyss.

2) Contact Faerie and let them know “Hello, your Prince wants to return but you all become witches if that happens. Please help us stop that.”

3) Arawyn. This faerie is able to use druidics. Maybe the source of druidics will cut that off if we get its attention and ask for help.

4) Closing a Demon Chaos Portal.
We’ve done this kind of thing before. It requires at least a massive amount of positive energy, quick thinking, and knowing you're potentially going to be trapped in the Abyss for awhile and Banishments might not help you escape.

Fortunately, we have a Chaos Anchor in Travance we can study and maybe figure something extra out in helping the 'stability' of the whole thing.

Please, ask questions, share ideas, and spread the word. I want to involve everyone.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 21:00 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
15 Nov 2017 23:08 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Here I raise my goblet to the town paying homage to the Age in which we live.

~ Nalick

16 Nov 2017 21:19 #3 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
***Not Billliamm***
My vote is you work with the Demon Lords. It is a rare opportunity and how many heroes can say they gave it a shot. You are so powerful and what gives you that power is choice. I am an pathetic imp got to follow the rules of being an Imp but you mortals get choices. I beseech, beg, and plea you take at least my master's help. I know some of you think negatively of the Jailor but he is trying to work with you. Give it a shot what is the worst that happens. My Lord has kept her word in every dealing with you mortals and also stopped one of your townsfolk from breaking a deal that would of ruined his existence.
Your Most Humble and Loyal Servant,
Q'aare'zl

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Nov 2017 22:59 - 16 Nov 2017 22:59 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Prithee appreciate a pithy plea proposing you stop peddling propaganda.

~Nalick

Last edit: 16 Nov 2017 22:59 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Terzak (TheArchMage), Ephrem (bamore62), Ferrian Tyrell (aBraveMudkip)
  • Ferrian Tyrell
  • Risk is the catalyst of progress.
  • Thank Yous: 17
16 Nov 2017 23:34 #5 by Ferrian Tyrell (aBraveMudkip)
Replied by Ferrian Tyrell (aBraveMudkip) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
I'll drink to that.

-Ferrian

OOG-- Liam Pullen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
17 Nov 2017 08:32 #6 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Where is your compassion for a wretch like me Andoran. Your words wound deeper then any sword I can recover from death on your plane buT your words are eternally painful.
Q'aare'zl

17 Nov 2017 09:22 - 17 Nov 2017 11:15 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Q'aare'zl,

I may have to thank her once, but I plan on it being the only time I have to.

We do have a choice and I hope that the Travancians try and figure out how to do this the hard way and not take the easy way out working with the Demon Lords.

But, thank you for reminding them they do have a choice and that the easy option is not the only one.

-Squire Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 11:15 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
17 Nov 2017 11:21 #8 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Thank her by working with her, yes? Seems pretty reasonable just saying.

Q'aare'zl

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
17 Nov 2017 11:34 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Imp, silence yourself or I will show you a torment far greater than what you suffer now.

You've given these people a choice. Now let them make it.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
17 Nov 2017 11:39 #10 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Of course your most vileness. I wouldn't want to offend your resplendent glory. You are a far more cruel master then my own. I quake with fear at your presence and pen stroke. Take this earnest apology your wickedness.
Q'aare'zl

• Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
17 Nov 2017 13:15 #11 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Lord Aleister,

Permission to address you as "Your Wickedness" for the length of the brief period that Demons will be running around the Proper?

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Nov 2017 19:20 - 18 Nov 2017 10:17 #12 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
"Karl",

The compassion I bear is in wishing your swift return to your own plane. May She forgive your trespass.

~ Nalick

Last edit: 18 Nov 2017 10:17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Midori Suarez (krykit)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
18 Nov 2017 01:48 #13 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
We need no help from such Maleficarum.

But I suspect you all knew where I stood.

I did not fight xualla and Balfurous both to palaver with these pretenders.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Kardin (Ben), Midori Suarez (krykit), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
19 Nov 2017 12:04 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
I recall a time when Travance was fighting Legion and I determined that by summoning a very weak demon, it would be much easier to defeat Legion. The nobility, for reasons of their own, decided against this. I see no reason to change at this time.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
19 Nov 2017 14:14 #15 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Edwin,

Is the event you're referring to the last shift of power in the Throne of Fire that occurred in January?

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
19 Nov 2017 15:31 #16 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Legion was a demon from near my first year of Travance a decade ago Kardin.

In fact, I briefly passed by Travance the same moon Edwin first visited, to give you an example of how long ago that was.

-Squire Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
20 Nov 2017 22:56 #17 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Stupid question time.
If we get Kalen back onto his throne, what's to stop him from trying to escape again, starting this whole process all over?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
20 Nov 2017 23:02 - 20 Nov 2017 23:05 #18 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
I apologize to the most repugnant lord aleister for responding but I would like to answer. You are clearly quite intlligent for asking such an impirtant and poignant question. I know how and will destroy his way of getting out again. It takes tremendous power for a demon of his ability to traverse out of the Abyss as you experienced with Xualla and Balfurous. We will make sure he can't escape it is part of the information my master offers.

Q'aare'zl

Last edit: 20 Nov 2017 23:05 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
21 Nov 2017 00:27 - 21 Nov 2017 00:29 #19 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Q'aare'zl-

You offer assurances of information that you claim both your Master and the Master of Ice have, but ask us to sign with no evidence f the truthfulness of what you claim to know. I've been around con artists much of my life, and statements such as these could be read as empty claims. How can we certify the information you swear to have prior to completing a binding contact?

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 21 Nov 2017 00:29 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
21 Nov 2017 08:04 #20 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
You are quite wise not to normally trust my words, but since helping you helps my lord I cannot lie. While I would not prefer this you could always totrue or interrogate(I prefer this one) me. Only the more powerful demons have a truly chaotic mind, myself being an imp the lowest form of filth do not. To be fair if I didn't have to deal with your persistent type of mortals in Travance I wouldnt. There are far easier mortals to con but this is no con. Whether you accept or not this seems like I will end up getting the short stick. Tortured by you mortals to reveal the truth or my master for failure.
Still trying to be your good pal,
Q'aare'zl

21 Nov 2017 08:23 #21 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
In good faith I offer this information freely. How do you plan on luring Kalen back? He has the key(to get back to his faerie place) and a one way portal you mortals can't close. He can wait and do whatever he wants. He doesn't have a reason to come back and has all the power he needs. His faerie powers return even stronger the longer he is on your plane. I will reiterate he has no reason to return and you have no way to lure him. That is what we offer to you. We offer you those things in return for your help. So his power grows the longer you wait the longer he has time to be here. With the portal open his Abyssal might is undeminished. His portal can only be closed from the inside. Think about that is all I am saying.

Q'aare'zl

• Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
21 Nov 2017 08:53 #22 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
I would rather jump into the Abyss and strand myself there to close the portal than make a deal with demons.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
21 Nov 2017 09:53 #23 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
To get into that specific part of the Abyss you are likely gonna need the help of a Demon. Even if it is indirectly. Food for thought.

Q'aare'zl
P.S. if I weren't ordered to help and clarify on these posting boards I would be anywhere else. This is the worst but my master insisted I try to make you see reason.

21 Nov 2017 12:01 #24 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
*The note from earlier has been removed and revised*

Small update:

1) Get Kalen *or* the Abyssal Power of the Earth Throne back into the Abyss.
There's a few plans to deal with this situation but nothing perfected yet. Plans include 'focused banishment, power transference, and death' but, there's a good number of individuals interested in not killing Kalen and attempting to purify him to be held accountable for his actions by the Earth Court.

Kalen, there's a lot of people who want to help you get home, but you can't go home the way you are or you'll do far more damage than good.

2) Contact Faerie and let them know “Hello, your Prince wants to return but you all become witches if that happens. Please help us stop that.”
Every court has been contacted. Now, we're just waiting to hear for responses.

3) Arawyn. This faerie is able to use druidics. Maybe the source of druidics will cut that off if we get its attention and ask for help.
The druids are working on a ritual for contacting Arawyn. I also have individuals contacting the Primal Spirits to assist. We're waiting for responses.

4) Closing a Demon Chaos Portal.
Sorcerers, Witch Hunters, Healers, I have the notes on how we closed Xualla's Chaos Orb Portals and I also remember how we closed the giant portal the two Demonic Blood Sorcerer Twins were guarding (long story) It's the same premise at least but we need to figure out how to get past this new 'Mortals can't get through the portal' problem that has developed with this Abyssal Portal. If we could make a gap in that... I am going to assume it is a defense because it was never an issue before, we have a solid plan but a handful of people may get trapped in the Abyss (we didn't have banishment scrolls last time and there was a giant demon waiting for us on the other side, so we ended up a bit scattered before we could do anything. But, we could probably come up with a better plan this time now that we know what happens)

-Squire Ilana Darkwood

5) Luring Kalen Back to the Proper
With Avalon's help, this doesn't seem impossible. He wants to get back home, right? We just need to put enough power in one place to get his attention.

Also, some folks have been worried that my ideas are similar to working with demons but instead of demons asking a bunch of various powers to do all the work.

That is not the case.

They have resources we do not currently have and I am hoping they will help provide the extra resources we cannot obtain in such a short amount of time (we don't have a year or a month to plan, just a couple of weeks). I expect Travance to work hard and fairly with anyone/anything that can help us without all the taboo attached.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
21 Nov 2017 13:42 #25 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
I mean no disrespect to anyone who is hesitant to make deals with demons, but we must remember that although the past is rough from what I've heard if we can't move on and forgive past digressions then how can we all move on into peaceful times? I personally believe that taking this deal could help and stop al-lot of senseless deaths and maybe even make a brighter future where demons and co-exist with Travance. We as people need to learn to live and co-exist in harmony with being we do not like. Let us not move with haste into judgement but listen and maybe learn from them. I think that we should at least attempt to hear them out, parlay and maybe make a deal that is both good for both sides and can end up in a bright friendship and partnership.

As I said before I mean no disrespect, but let us try to move on from darkness and more to brighter futures?

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
21 Nov 2017 14:22 #26 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
To those of us who fought in the chaos wars, we know there is no co existence with demons. There is only war. They are destruction and disorder writ large.

Before you see fit to advocate for this again, speak to every subject of Travance who fought Xualla and Balfurous. Find out the price we paid to stain our souls to build bloodtide.

Reflect on this. And read the baronial archives about the Dawn of heroes and the chaos war.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
21 Nov 2017 14:30 #27 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Oh, Kaiva is considering demons people in the same way we are. Now her words make more sense.

Kaiva, I'll explain the difference in person if you like.

-Squire Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
21 Nov 2017 14:34 #28 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
My apologies to anyone who has fought in the war, but I will say this again that there is history with everyone. We have all done terrible and awful things. Some even to their own gain. I will never judge someone on there past actions as their is a chance for new growth. They're asking for our help and to even deny them the help because of past digressions is beyond me. I judge no one here, and I'm so sorry pain was caused. But I will do anything to make sure the people are helped, we have people in the farms that are being effected by this. Families hurt. If we can work together we must and should. There is co-existence with any being, you just have to try.

Alone we are lost, together we are found.
This is a chance for a brighter future and a brighter accord. We should at-least consider giving this a chance. Passionately I will say that while we should learn from the past, do not judge ones past. This is truly a prosperous opportunity, we should not act in haste.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
21 Nov 2017 14:49 #29 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Kaiva,

Demons are unable to offer the friendship and the forgiveness you seek to give them is something they cannot do. Their very being is chaos (also known as negative energy) and they are likely to not hold to the agreement they propose, whether they wiggle out of it or straight up are lying about following it. It is innate to their being, their nature. Any demon trying to tell you that they are different are selling you snake oil.

These demons would have to prove to me, that their intentions are pure beyond honeyed words.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
21 Nov 2017 14:49 #30 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic An Attempt to Not Deal With Demons
Kaiva,

I applaud your compassion, and I'm sure your goddess is very proud of you. I say this in all seriousness, not in jest or mockery.

However, the world will not forget the death of thousands, the flame, the blood, the screaming. Entire towns, entire bloodlines were wiped from the face of Arawyn by demons. This was a few short years ago. Demons act as their nature demands they do, and this will never change. Have compassion for them, seek to see them as people, do as you must.

But advocating for this deal is a fool's errand. Demons will adhere to the letter of the agreement, while doing all they can to get the upper hand.

Signing such a contract binds thousands of people to a deal that will have unknown, though likely, disastrous results.

I vote we sign no such agreement. I beseech the people of Travance to look to their inner strength, to look to their neighbors, and to find the resolve to stand together.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Berek Orino (Andrew609)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.790 seconds