Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice

• Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
21 Nov 2017 10:14 #31 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
((NOT ANGELIANA))

Soooo ther be two lines at the bottom of this be what a contract? fer demons... and only be one fer Travance...

Ye see that be called a majority, they have it before anything else be the matter. T'accord is fucked from the start aye?

Bury that shite all the way into the bloody depths of Triton's stomach... NO. We nay stupid.

~ D

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
21 Nov 2017 11:29 #32 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
To be fair the Lord of Ice and the Lord of Fire are 2 seprate entities this contract also binds them ceasing hostilities as well. The Lord of Ice could screw over my master and vice versa if you decide to help one or the other. This protects all parties involved.

The nearly exhausted
Q'aare'zl

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
21 Nov 2017 13:55 #33 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
I will throw my opinion out and say that I believe we should take this deal and receive there help. This opens us up to a brighter future and possible friendship and kinship with these demons. We should give it a chance. To cast judgement so quickly could possibly be a downfall. A large one.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
21 Nov 2017 14:05 #34 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
There is no kinship with maleficarum of this nature. There is only defiance.

Look to your high priest.

Xualla and Balfurous between them slew half the world. I would not parley with any of them.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
21 Nov 2017 14:11 #35 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
Forgiveness is hard, trust me I know but I believe forgiveness should be had and we should try. We all have dark time sin our past, done things that weren't not proud of. I would certainly not judge anyone of there past when they're trying to start a new. I believe we should give them the same curtesy and kindness.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
21 Nov 2017 14:25 - 21 Nov 2017 14:26 #36 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
No. They deserve only enough war ice to end them

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 21 Nov 2017 14:26 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
21 Nov 2017 15:20 #37 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
Forgive but never forget. We learn from our past. We show compassion freely but some are willing to abuse it if we are not wise about how. Those willing to destroy our peace will take advantage of our kindness if we are naive. Seek to parlay doesn't mean accept terms which are detrimental to you, seek redemption doesn't mean be tricked into eventual destruction by malicious intent. It's a very fine line to thread and it is a difficult path to walk. Lead your heart with your mind.

May the light guide your paths and keep you safe.
With love and respect,
Angeliana

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
21 Nov 2017 17:16 - 21 Nov 2017 17:17 #38 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Kaiva,

At some point when this is all over and a chance to do this arrives, I would like to take you on a journey.

A journey... From here in Travance to Loez and Glangsdale in Kormyre. After that, I would like to bring you to the Highlands where I am from. In all these locations, I would like to show you the "kindness" of these creatures.

I should also ask you speak with all those who dealt with "Mother" last year at this time or request Lord Aleister to speak upon his interactions with Jailor (and the very less than benign nature of actions against his personage from that one). I am certain you will get a pointed, if biased, description of how creatures such as these act.

A Devil will give you his or her word and do their best to keep it to the letter. Its a point of honor upon their black souls. A Demon, if it deems you humorous enough to parlay with or if it really wants something will cut a deal- but as others have stated, it will attempt to make said deal as one-sided as possible or find any number of means to snag an advantage over you for itself... and or its master.

I understand you are young... and I understand that Andorran wishes compassion be shown to all enemies. HOWEVER, you will never get such in return willingly form these beings. Even your own faith's High Priestess, as strong in Andorra's love and light as she is, cannot do so because she too has experienced the predation of daemonkind upon herself and those under her care.

I appreciate your thinking and feelings on this matter but I am certain you are ill-informed and those thoughts misguided where these creatures are concerned.

Respectfully,
Father Duncan MacKenzie

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 21 Nov 2017 17:17 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
24 Nov 2017 10:41 #39 by geezer (geezer)
Mantel - you are incorrect. Demons are, indeed, inherently evil. Please disabuse yourself of your belief they are not so.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kaiva
24 Nov 2017 10:46 #40 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Haroldson I mean this in the kindest way possible; absolutely no-one is inheritanly evil! We are breed by our society, where we live and who we come from. A baby is born and thus it is breed in ideals for it to follow. We aren't inheritanly evil and niether is beings. Just because you are born of chaos or have lived doesn't mean you should be casted away as an evil and unredeemable person.

[img

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 Nov 2017 11:19 #41 by Aleister (Aleister)
Edwin,
Mantel is actually correct. Demons are not inherently Evil. While many turn to Dark powers over those of Light, they are not inherently of those powers. Devils are inherently Evil, because of their nature. Demons are inherently destructive to the material realm, though.

But you and I can talk semantics and supernatural power another time.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
24 Nov 2017 18:46 #42 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Master Haroldson,

I would most respectfully ask the same of you. I did, in fact, mention that it is a commonly held fallacious belief among laypeople and the educated class alike, certainly one even you have ascribed to. His Lordship is correct in his elaboration.

This is, of course, not to say that Demons are incapable of being Evil, merely that they aren't so due to their essential abyssal nature.

--Mantel Warrane

P.S. Kaiva, I must clarify that there are, in fact, beings that are metaphysically bound to the aspect of Darkness, and thereby aligned to the Evil beneath it. Devils are the most common example, but surely there are further examples out there in Bestiaries in the many libraries across Arawyn I have yet to step foot in.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
24 Nov 2017 20:34 - 29 Nov 2017 21:45 #43 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
I know I have not been to Travance in many moons, but I have witnessed a lot since my first visit ten moons ago. I have witnessed Travance suffer a loss once only when the inn was taken control of by some group (I forget if they were Drow or if they were demons). Yet, we still overcame and performed as usual - we reigned victorious. We have defeated Xualla and Balfurous. We have seen their capability for destruction and absolute malice for everything mortal. As a combined force, Travance is by far the most superior force in Arawyn. Nothing is more powerful than a group of people of all talents working together for our mutual survival and well-being. I have no doubts we will pull this off again. I am totally against any deal we make with demons.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2017 21:45 by Lathiel (Lathiel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer)
27 Nov 2017 17:07 - 27 Nov 2017 17:08 #44 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
(( OOG: The following letter seems to be written by a hand with a very slight tremble. ))

It does these old eyes some good to see such a forum of discussion even presented by the nobility of these lands. Count your blessings, Travance, as much of the world would rather lynch those in opposition rather than their hear vocalizations. Take it from an elder that knows that pain very well.

It should come as no surprise to many of you that I, under no coercion other than my own soul's, spent a good number of years in the direct company of two demonic entities. I do not keep this fact secret as the lessons I learned on the Isle of Mercy aided in forming me into the man I am to this day.

Before I took up their company, I sought out the settlement that had formed on the Isle. Yet, I saw the true malice in the mortal races when they refused my entrance because of the brands I bore upon my skin. Those scars, which I wear proudly today, were not eared from the war I served in. They were not caused by the torment that I endured at the hands of the elves of the Wood while kept prisoner. No, they were the markings earned by a doctor whose most trusted friends turned upon him and set him ablaze because of his Faith. The actions of "good gentlemen and ladies" resulted in my inability to be granted Sanctuary.

But I digress, for it was in the company of demons and monsters, that I rekindled my Faith in mortal-kind. We were all equal in Mercy's eyes and the Isle's magiks made sure of that; erasing death from existence so that we may begin again from our mistakes; constantly learning and improving.

Crunch, the King of Trolls. Hungry, the Misunderstood Glutton. Saedryn, the Sweet Pestilence. Bitz, the Crazed Heart. Ignus, the Chief of Flame. Eris, the Frost Maiden. Over the years I grew to understand these people, for they were people in my eyes. Their desire was simple, to reject the conformity that had plagued their prior lives and enjoy the time granted to us all. The demons Ignus and Eris were no exception to this, for they sought the mortal world to break free of the Abyssal Hierarchy that resulted in their unfulfilling existences. And in the hour of greatest need, even after being rejected by those of Sanctuary, rose to arms against the Great Black Dread, Telegrim, when he sought the destruction of their Home. We all gave our lives to buy those that would spit at the ground we walked on enough time to safeguard the crystal responsible for our Home.

(( OOG: There are a few drips of ink below this line, probably due to thought going into the paragraph that follows ... ))

I apologize for my ramblings ...

These words by no means are suggesting that we blindly accept the terms put forth before us. I am merely sharing the lessons I have experienced before my Queen's eternal gaze to equate the scales; to counter those who speak only of the actions of two crazed and power hungry lords and the minions that were supernaturally compelled to step in line. These entities are not Good or Evil. They are not Light or Dark. They are, in the purest sense, chaos incarnate. But if Travance has taught me anything in my time here, is even Chaos can be brought to benefit the whole if the right tools are exercised to constrain its flow.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
Last edit: 27 Nov 2017 17:08 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Kaiva
27 Nov 2017 17:24 #45 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Dr. Murdoc Kroh, I agree with you on many aspects of your letter.

[img

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Nov 2017 20:48 - 28 Nov 2017 20:49 #46 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Given the revised contract, I, too, share Dr. Kroh's sentiment.

Truly, we must sit and meet and speak, some day, Good Doctor.

--Mantel Warrane

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 28 Nov 2017 20:49 by Mantel (sigma-j).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Nov 2017 21:06 - 29 Nov 2017 21:06 #47 by geezer (geezer)
From the Church of Light's Dictionary of Supernatural beings. Keep in mind they are negative energy creatures as well:

Definition of demon

1 a : an evil spirit angels and demons
b : a source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ruin

However, Lord Aleister, I look forward to discussing the matter with you at our leisure.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 29 Nov 2017 21:06 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Nov 2017 21:19 - 29 Nov 2017 21:20 #48 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Master Edwin,

And yet your Mortal Churches--Light, Neutral, and Dark, alike--couldn't even correctly remember and inscribe your true, original tenets until the Gods themselves descended from Eodra and brought them to us anew. Of course, perhaps you are not among the best with whom to use this argument, considering you have a reputation for slaying Celestials, even those of your own God.

What we once knew is not always true. The Fracturing of Time in February 1216 objectively means we cannot always rely on our own experience, for things are not necessarily how we remember them to be.

Negative Energy is Chaos incarnate. Darkness comes from its own Aspect.

With respect to a Master,
--Mantel Warrane

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

Last edit: 29 Nov 2017 21:20 by Mantel (sigma-j).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
29 Nov 2017 23:49 #49 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
I suggest leaving the straw men in the Fields of Fallow.

~Nalick

30 Nov 2017 07:02 #50 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
Mantel,

Spreading lies about our faiths does not help this discussion or endear you to anyone. Please stop claiming to know things about our tenants 9r what out God's told us. Your attempt to malign the churches is doing the demons work.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
30 Nov 2017 09:18 #51 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
So Master Haroldson comments with a definition of demon that includes “evil” as a description and rather than address that or give him an modicum of credence, we instead criticize his character, even after disagreeing with the nature of demons. There was a point of contention regarding the nature of demons, so here is Master Haroldson’s response. Something tells me there is a slight amount of bias involving this criticism of Master Haroldson. Personal attacks and statements like Caldor has identified are doing more harm than good. Master Haroldson has provided a definition of “demon”. Let’s not tarnish that by attempting to insult him or demean his character.

I still stand vehemently opposed to the original and revised contracts. By no means can I reconcile making contracts with demons.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
30 Nov 2017 09:26 #52 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
Merely crane your necks slightly higher than eye level to read the Seneschal's warning that we not resort to petty squabbles. Does no one see the irony in attempting to 'demonize' our fellow subjects?

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62), Berek Orino (Andrew609)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
30 Nov 2017 10:26 #53 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Concerning the Proposed Deal with the Abyssal Lords of Fire & Ice
The discussion about whether or not demons are inherently evil was necessary and relevant, but Lathiel and Nalick are right to give you warning.

As it seems the question of nature has been settled - they are creatures of supernatural Chaos, not supernatural Evil - this bickering about the Churches in this posting will cease. Argue about the validity of the Church of Light's dictionary elsewhere (I may join in on that - it seems an appropriate war for a Chroniclerite).

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
30 Nov 2017 12:58 - 30 Nov 2017 12:59 #54 by Mantel (sigma-j)
All,

I retract my appeals to ethos present in the previous missive; my intent was to highlight another well-known example of the Churches' ability to make mistakes in record-keeping, and was not intended as a personal affront to any individual, Church, or Faith.

I take full responsibility for breaching the terms of this open forum and submit myself to any corrective action deemed relevant by our host, the Seneschal.

--Mantel Warrane

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

Last edit: 30 Nov 2017 12:59 by Mantel (sigma-j).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Sorn
  • Thank Yous: 9
30 Nov 2017 16:14 - 30 Nov 2017 20:44 #55 by Sorn (SWF)
To all,

I have received a letter from the Chaos Wastes concerning the proposed deal and wish for it to be posted not only on the discussion of the contract but the contract itself. It reads as follows,

"This letter is written from the desk of Lord General Magnus by his squire’s hand.

The people of this town have stared oblivion in the eye time and time again, rising to meet any enemy that stands before us. Through our town’s strength and unity, we are capable of overcoming these foes, as we have with the many overwhelming odds we have faced before them.

It is now that I speak with the voices of those who are holding the line in the Chaos Wastes, patrolling the seas, or are scattered to the corners of Arawyn and unable to speak on the matter. Below are the names of those presently outside the proper who wish to share their disdain and utter rejection towards signing a pact with demons:

Lord General Magnus
Cinder Draa'Velven
Lumaneris Draa'Velven
Sorn
Squire Odette Lucatiel, Acolyte of the White Fox
Aikichi
Commodore Jun, The Pirate King
Dame Amalthea LAURENT-BELMONT, the Heart of Kaladonia
Father Utgard, Prophet of Enax
Kanas, Acolyte of the White Fox
Reno Roulette Tropicana
Squire Valanye

It is our most sincere hope that our words carry weight and are considered whilst Travance’s Barony deliberates on the matter. "

To add on that, I think we are all effective in dealing with world ending enemies brought to our doorstep. What's a couple more demons eh?

-Sorn

OOG: Rei Borrero
Last edit: 30 Nov 2017 20:44 by Sorn (SWF).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit), Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds