Seeking a Teacher: Bard

19 Jan 2018 16:08 - 19 Jan 2018 16:09 #1 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Seeking a Teacher: Bard was created by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Dia dhaoibh!
I am seeking a teacher this next event since I would like to learn how to be a bard. There's just one catch....for someone who loves to sing, I'm terribly shy about it.
(Call it performance anxiety)
I have Nalick who expressed a willingness to help me, but I don't wish to completely monopolize his time. Are there any others who could assist me in my goals? I was hoping to stay cozy and warm inside for the most part this feast unless my Guard duties pull me for something pressing in nature. I should be available during the day on Saturday.

Lovingly Yours,

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
Last edit: 19 Jan 2018 16:09 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen).
19 Jan 2018 19:47 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
If Trent Mayfair is around, I would recommend talking to him. If you are unfamiliar with him, I would happily introduce you to him. Not sure if he will be in the proper this Feast or not though.

~Khala

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
19 Jan 2018 21:38 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
Wanting to stay cozy and warm will be the prerogative of many a Travancian this coming Feast. We will need to work our minds as well as our voices to overcome that struggle in addition to your performance anxiety--a malady I suffered for many a year. It is right of you, however, to request additional instructors. Regardless of how necessary my time is, other performers and weavers of that particular strand have their own perspectives and philosophies that should be studied. It will make you more well-rounded as a student of magicks.

~Nalick

21 Jan 2018 16:56 #4 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
I hope I can help at least a little.

I don't know a lot of bard things, but I know some. Maybe I can teach you something.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
21 Jan 2018 20:31 #5 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
Midori and Nalick,
Thank you. I'll be most appreciative of anything you can teach me.

Khala,
I'm familiar with Trent. His songs have always left me feeling strong and ready for battle, albeit a bit warm at the cheeks. Should he be within the Proper this feast, I'll try to find him.

Warm Regards,

Ravyn

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Midori Suarez (krykit), Ergos (arieslink)
22 Jan 2018 20:58 #6 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
Oi!,
Iff'n you are looking to learn t'e ways of a gonagle or Warrior Poet, I am yer man. I can teach ye t'e ways of our people, ye ken.

Slightly Sane Billliamm
William Kinley McKraegar
Clan Champion of Clan McKraegar

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
30 Jan 2018 16:05 #7 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
Slightly Sane Billliamm

I will be at this next feast in February adorned in my usual black kilt and blue war paint. If you are to be in attendance, I'd be happy to learn the ways of the Warrior Poet.

31 Jan 2018 16:47 #8 by Amelia Rosaria Ornatia (Ashleybolio)
Replied by Amelia Rosaria Ornatia (Ashleybolio) on topic Seeking a Teacher: Bard
Ravyn,
I can also assist in teaching you some bardic verses if you would like. Trent is my teacher as well, and taught me all but a few of the spells he knows. If you can not find Trent, then I would like to offer my assistance in your journey into bardics. I will be at the February event all weekend, so don't be afraid to approach me at any time. I will be in my normal purple attire and will be easy to spot. Hope to see you soon.

Amelia Rosaria Ornatia
Chancellor of the Arts
Vassal Of Ostcliff

OOG: Ashley B.
07 Feb 2018 09:54 #9 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Amelia,
Thank you! I will try to find you this feast as well.

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds