Exemplars and Soul Binders as well as others who have Spent Time in the Wastes

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
24 Jan 2018 12:38 #1 by Narcis (ChrisR)
I have a very busy schedule, however, I find a particular route of research important as we get ready to head into the wastes. I have an academic as well as personal grasp of the Wastes, but have not spent as much time there as some of our townsfolk.

I believe, that there are secrets hidden within Exemplar and Soul Binding Teaching that may give us insight in how we may combat what must be a large amount of aberrant magic in the Wastes. I am compiling notes and interviews so I may try and see if we can use our vestiges and knowledge to somehow mitigate some of the effects of the wastes on very least the areas that the armies set up, so we may bring relief to those who spend the longest amount of the campaign there.

If you fit any of the following, or would like to lend assistance in research please respond here or contact me privately. Once I am done with what I must do once I enter town I will be around to interview.

Types of people I am looking for:

Exemplars
Soul Binders
People who have spent at least several days in the Chaos Wastes
Those with knowledge on First Age or Ancient Rituals, with a focus in Black Sorcery or Necromancy, though any knowledge in Ancient Magic or Sorcery will prove helpful.
Scholars/Anyone who would like to help come up with angle to research from

Any findings that come from this endeavor will be made available to all of Travance.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
24 Jan 2018 14:16 #2 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Leliana,

While I am not yet an exemplar, I do have ritual notes from an experimental ritual I assisted a White Sorcerer of the Ivory Tower in completing, which we used in purifying an abberant magic creature.

I would be glad to help if I can

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
24 Jan 2018 14:32 #3 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Cara,

Information like that is just as useful. I cannot speculate easily if there will be any use in what my research turns up, but if we have any chances to mitigate some of that place to allow even the smallest respite it could be what we need to keep us going.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
25 Jan 2018 07:58 #4 by Aria (Aria)
Leliana,
Hopefully you already know this but any way that i can be of assistance you need only tell me what you need

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
29 Jan 2018 18:44 #5 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Exemplars and Soul Binders as well as others who have Spent Time in the Wastes
I'll only be in the proper for a couple weeks, up until the end of next month's feast, but let me know if there's anything I can assist with in that time.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
29 Jan 2018 23:04 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Yes! Both of you are able to help!
Amongst the tomes and my personal knowledge I am woefully lacking in the experience of the Exemplars and White Sorcerers.
I am particularly interested in your relationships with your vestiges, how the process of the aberrant magic being taken to Myrinod is like and how that works for both yourself and your vestige.
That being said I would like to interview people in person, should that not be able to be done, I would not mind a transcript of your opinions on those subjects.

Storyteller / Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds