The Approaching Storm

04 Feb 2018 19:55 - 04 Feb 2018 20:00 #1 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
The Approaching Storm was created by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
For those of you who were not in the Inn later on Saturday evening, we received a call for help from our allies in the Maitel Royal Family that cannot be ignored. Right now, their kingdom is under siege by Necrophitus Arcane himself, who is after elemental energy as a whole to claim it as his own. This isn’t our first foray into messing up his plans to siphon off energy, but the issue is immediate. Our action will be needed as early as this coming Saturday night.

I apologize for not getting all of this out earlier, there was quite a lot to digest, but I think I’ve simplified it enough to understand.

We will need to accomplish 3 things in a very short window of time this coming feast. First, Queen Fyperia, mother of the Elemental Monarchs and High Queen of the Faeries, will have to be freed A long time ago, as her power was divided and dwindling, she put herself into a time stasis, intending to rejoin the world when she regained her energy. This is going to be, well, an early release, but we have the forces and most of the resources we need to do this already. I won’t say this task is simple, but with the regalia and the champions and an existing plan, it will be handled.

Second, in order to compensate for the energy she has not yet regained, we need to combine our own elemental energies to funnel into her. We’re going to need... well, all of it, from everyone. We ask that casters of Arcane elements, Druidic elements, or elemental energy of any kind would assist in a ritual to help with this charge and funneling. If you have elemental energy and will not be present, not to worry, we’re developing ways for you to contribute as well. If anyone has any ideas to contribute to the ritual, as input from anyone willing to contribute will be vital, please reach out to Blue Kestrel or myself.

Third, we’ll need a front line. Necrophitus and his forces won’t simply sit back and let us pool the energy he desires into anyone but himself. I know this is a lot to ask of you all, but I know for a fact that this town is strong and brave enough to take the field against Necrophitus. I doubt we’ll be able to kill him this coming weekend with the information we have so far, but I’m sure with enough strategy and the assistance of the Maitel family and their forces, we can push him back and defend both our allies and ourselves from this assault on both of us and our ways of life.

I know this is a lot to ask of you all. We’re essentially cutting ourselves off from the elements, even if this will be temporary with the promises of the princes and princesses to grant us the elements back after Her Majesty is free again. (Though they may not be exactly the same as before) We are facing the creature that has tried to claim our abilities and energies of nearly every sort for his own, both before we are wholly prepared and with a myriad of personal grudges. If this were any other group of people in Arawyn, I would fear for the world’s survival. But not here, not you. The stakes are high, but we’ve conquered higher. I ask for all of your support in the coming days, and the coming struggle.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 04 Feb 2018 20:00 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
04 Feb 2018 22:33 #2 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic The Approaching Storm
I owe Princes Pike a sizable debt for something that happened nearly a year ago ... you will have my sword and all of the Will I can muster.

~ Cp. Arradir Go-Dringol

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
04 Feb 2018 22:42 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Approaching Storm
Is this somethin' I missed? I am a wee bitty confused. I thought we just fought one o' this family not tha' long ago?

Point me in th' direction o' things tha' need a kicking, and I'll give a hand.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
05 Feb 2018 10:00 #4 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic The Approaching Storm
Various members of the Maitel dynasty had been corrupted by chaos. Kalen was thought lost in war thousands of years ago, and had become corrupted by chaos after staying so long in the Abyss. Aurora and Alluria and Alluria's sons had become corrupted by chaos after agents of Necrophitus tempted them with the power to save their mother Fyperia. The town purified Kalen and then he passed away a few months ago.

Last year I purified Aurora (the water queen) by pulling the chaos out of her, Clytie purified Wats with her exemplar, and Dominic posi punched the chaos out of Zomi (the two fire princes), and the town got together to purify Alluria.

We have had to fight them in the past due to corruption but all are purified now.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
05 Feb 2018 10:20 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Approaching Storm
While I can command none of the elements I will try my best to be there so I may be on the lines.
I would like to help ensure the safety of those who fight, while also trying to take a look at the forces that Necrophtius wields.
Hopefully we all shall be successful.

Leliana Kainen

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
05 Feb 2018 12:12 #6 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic The Approaching Storm
Sorry my quick catch up primer was so short, I had very little time to write. Myself and the other champions are happy to answer questions and hear any and all ideas about what we have to do.

Leliana makes a good point that I also meant to mention. Even if you are not a caster, we will need your help, and it's a valuable opportunity to take stock of Necrophitus' forces. Getting a good look at them now means we can plan for the future.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
05 Feb 2018 14:42 #7 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic The Approaching Storm
I promised the Faeries I would help.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
05 Feb 2018 16:34 #8 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic The Approaching Storm
If you're in need of the divine I will lend a hand by her will.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
05 Feb 2018 20:53 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Approaching Storm
Me people ha' long an' storied relations wi' th' fair folk. I'll nae forget tha' fact. Furthermore Valos demands tha' we beat Necrofeckis, fra all peoples ta ha' Justice. Add to tha' me friends need me help.

Th' Hound marches to war. I shall call any o' me blood kin in Travance currently ta help by me side, in th' ways o' me people. What needs a kicking?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
05 Feb 2018 21:39 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic The Approaching Storm
I have access to a great deal of energy of all varieties save psionic. However, circumstances seem to be conspiring to prevent me from being present in the proper this coming Feast. If someone will message me with the particulars as to how I may be of assistance, I will see what can be done.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Feb 2018 13:52 #11 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic The Approaching Storm
Kestrel, you know you have me. Avalon is a friend. He deserves to be able to bury his son in peace.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kestrel (Kestrel)
07 Feb 2018 12:23 #12 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic The Approaching Storm
I will lend a hand by fighting on the front line or directly protecting anyone in the back who needs assistance. This is my word to you all as a Guardsman.

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds