A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
15 Feb 2018 15:10 #1 by Mantel (sigma-j)
A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power was created by Mantel (sigma-j)
Subjects of Travance,

I come to you in mutual lamentation of what we have lost. The power of the Elemental Planes was given away to power a counterrattack against the Eidolich known as Necrophitus Arcane, a force of evil and chaos unrivaled on this plane, who seeks to destroy us all.

I had expected to lose all that I was born with as part of this sacrifice. I understand how you may feel. If you lament this loss as I would, you have my condolences. But I come not to offer empty sympathy. I come rather to offer a proposition.

We have been offered trusted outlets to recover this power, and as we speak, a number among our elementalists have become what are called Shamans, casters who call power from patrons like the Sovereigns of the Faerie Courts to cast their spells. At the Darkwood Academy, we have in our faculty several such casters, as well as more members of staff and faculty who have walked away from that path for the time being. By virtue of my kinship with the Faeries, I, too, have retained my power. I will teach you what I know.

We will regain what we gave up. Come to us. Let us teach you what we have learned. Let us rebuild ourselves stronger than we ever were before.

Through Unity, We Will Find Strength,

--Mantel Warrane
Professor of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy for the Metaphysical Arts
Grand Librarian, Darkwood Academy for the Metaphysical Arts

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
15 Feb 2018 15:26 #2 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
I have secured a way to hang on to my power through a different way. Though I appreciate your offer Mantel. I look forward to comparing notes with you on the state of the weave next time we are both in Travance.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
20 Feb 2018 21:16 #3 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
You better expect that I, too, am more than willing to help people either cope or teach other ways of maintaining their hold on elemental magics. I've been experimenting within these past weeks, and I've... discovered many things with it.

Life is definitely going to be interesting with each turn of the hourglass... but then again, isn't it always?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Feb 2018 21:58 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
Being without power that was not mine you begin with, I am okay with the supposed loss.

~Nalick

03 Mar 2018 10:16 #5 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
I feel kinda funny...

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
06 Mar 2018 02:07 #6 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
Loss is our only destined inheritance. This is a blessed release. It will lend you unspeakable strength if only you have the will to find it.

We Endure Together,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
08 Mar 2018 17:56 #7 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
While that's a rather... bleak and (not going to lie) rather ominous way of putting it... I guess?

I'd prefer to think of it as there are always opportunities around, if one merely reaches out their hand and plucks one. Nothing is impossible, after all.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
09 Mar 2018 03:33 #8 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic A Proposition To Those Who Have Lost Their Power
Like Mantel I have held onto my Elemental powers through my kinship with the Faeries, and gained access to new ones through my pact with High Queen Fyperia. I am happy to discuss or teach and do whatever I can to help facilitate finding Faerie or Elemental patrons. Shamanism is not what I teach at Darkwood, but I can help connect anyone who wants to learn with those professors.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds