A Call for Aid Outside Travance ((Read me if you won't be at March or April!))

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
27 Feb 2018 12:58 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
My dear Travancians,

By now, you have either seen the vision of Necrophitus Arcane's worldwide ritual, or heard tell of the undead armies advancing. ((OOG: Read the post here! www.knightrealms.com/forum/Announcements...ity-and-courage.html ))

We know, thanks to the efforts of a few brave souls at the Gate's Rest Tavern a few days ago, that many cultists of the Arcane Sons have enacted rituals in order to empower Necrophitus. While that ritual was stopped, many more were successful. We have come into possession of a map that narrows down the location of most (if not all) of the rituals.

Why do we care where they happened, if they are already complete? The Arcane Sons set up strongholds in these areas. It is from these areas that any remaining will be directing the undead armies with more precision control. If these strongholds can be cleared out, then it will make the remaining undead easier (relatively speaking) for the rest of the world to deal with.

We cannot send all of Travance to all these different areas, for most of our resources must be utilized in taking down Necrophitus himself. However, even a few of us in each area, spreading knowledge of Necrophitus and assisting the locals, will go a long way. If you are willing to go to one of these places, the Barony will assist in finding ways for you to get there rapidly; know, however, that you will likely be taking the long way home.

The list of places is as follows:
The North: Crystanthalis, Hiolangorn, and a spot in the mountains west of the Ardrum lands
Quinaria: Glynith-Tyr, Fea'glythindal
Londwyn: Crownhurst, Tel'Nostroph
The Shirelands: Greendell Shire
Selendrias: The Emerald Glade, Cephyr's Horn,
Xilhinthax: Khali'zar, Sol'el
Calisvorin: Helm's Hall,
Amon'zad: Amon'kas, Tarpier,
The Highlands: we have no further information on specific location, but it looks to be central
Coast Haven: Selimport, Septufas, Bordertown
Kormyre: Arkovnia, Vollorn, Loez
Gaaldron: Baele Nax
New Gaaldron: unknown location
Other: The Isle of Ive, possibly Tamaria

If you are willing to go to any of these places, please note it here, or send me a missive as soon as possible.

((OOG: This is a bit of story being provided to players who are unable to make the April event, or both March & April, as a way of explaining why your character doesn't go fight Necrophitus directly. You'll be given some short story info on what happens in these other lands. It's important that we have a complete list by about 2 weeks before the April event. I will post a reminder when the deadline for the decision approaches, as well as any more details that come up.))

In Service to Travance,

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
27 Feb 2018 16:20 #2 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Seneschal,

It is my duty to the Pharaoh to see to it that Amon'Kas is cleansed of this threat. I will make my third Hajj to see his blasphemies turned to dust and scattered, forever lost within the Dunes and sands of fate.

Lux, Muqad

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Apr 2018 11:36 #3 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
((OOG Bump on this: if you're home this weekend, even unexpectedly, you can still send me your character's name.))

----

----
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
06 Apr 2018 17:47 #4 by Kardin (Ben)
Lois,

Necrophitus's evil will not stand in my home. I will travel North to this stronghold in Hiolangorn Territory and tear it to the ground with my bare hands. The Rage of the Plains walks beside me and I the Avatar of his fury.

The Ardrum Tribe is small in number and WILL fall without aid. If anything remains of the Warlord of the Hiolangorn and his Khans I will ask them for aid in taking the fight West into the mountains for the Ardrum. Then to Crystanthalis as one.

I fear the Arcane Sons have laid their Maleficarum upon the honored dead of the North. Make sure you do your job and kick ol' Arcane in his bone bag. I'll be sure to do mine here.

Show Him What A Bunch Of Angry Mortals Can Do,
Kardin Armister

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
13 Apr 2018 13:52 #5 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
((OOG: For those of you who responded, you'll get your story soon!))

----

----
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds