A reminder

• Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
09 Mar 2018 14:06 #1 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
A reminder was created by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
People of Travance-

As a reminder, within the next week or so Corsair will be relocating the entirety of the proper, people, animas, and buildings included, to the Chaos Wastes. Anyone who does not wish to go with is advised to leave the Proper to another part of the Baronial Estate as quickly as possible, and to remain outside those boundaries for the entirety of the time the town is gone.

Corsair advised that he will not return the town until the Necrophitus Threat is handled, so be prepared for an extended leave.

We are still short extreme amounts of supplies needed to survive the Wastes. Please see Squire Odette and Lord General Magnus’ postings for updates and numbers needed. Without these necessary supplies, the Troops struggle to remained fed, healed and armed.

Corsair has assured us that the confines of the proper will be allowed certain magical protections due to the large amount of magicial energy that we donated to the cause. However, I do not presume to think the proper will be completely safe from the Chaotic aberrant energy of the Wastes, nor will it protect us from the undead and other beings that might wish us harm. Take caution and be aware at all times we are there.

Now is the time to focus on the task at hand. We are short on time, and any failures will lead to the deaths of innocents, of the town, and of those who would stand against Necrophitus Arawyn-wide.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
09 Mar 2018 14:24 #2 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic A reminder
Thank you for the update.

In the meantime, I will help to oversee the evacuation of civilians and non combatants out of the areas to be relocated.

I ask that all who are able give shelter and lodging to those that will be displaced. I also ask any heroes opting to stay behind give their protection to those who cannot defend them selves. Such a prolonged absence may leave our most vulnerable subjects exposed to harm from threats still present witchin the proper and beyond its borders. Should this prove to be inefficient, I humbly request that the Lord and Ladies of the Lands open their borders to those still in need during this dark time.

In service to the Barony of Travance,

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
09 Mar 2018 17:41 #3 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A reminder
Sir Grashügel,

Do not forget that the Barony has the full and active support of the Church of Light and her mission houses: Mordavia in Ostcliff, Niedrillion in Kaladonia, Alomiolande in Pendarvin, and Stortmouth in Dregamire. Each of these has been established for just such emergencies when those of whom we are sworn to protect need food, shelter, and safety.

Let the Light shine forth: from our hearts and by our efforts,

Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
09 Mar 2018 18:08 #4 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic A reminder
Sir Grashugel,

Over the last few months I have had crews laboring around my Academy day and night to expand the campus to fit more workshops and student housing. We now have an extreme amount of cleared land, wells, a church, roads, a town square, and gas street lamps all in place. The entire area is surrounded by a massive wall of earth.

The Academy stores have plenty of food and supplies, and enough medical staff is present to see to the needs of any refugees who come. All classrooms and workshops are being cleared and set up as bedrooms and large tents are being erected on the grounds.

A contingent of the more heroic professors will be staying at the Academy to protect those who seek shelter there; and campus security will also be doing regular rounds. Any who wish to join the patrol rounds are welcome to.

Dirge is currently staying at the Dragon Claw Inn to coordinate caravans to the Academy, if you have any needs please speak to him.

Anyone wishing to stay may come; Dame Darkwood estimates that we can easily hold 500 refugees, but can accommodate for up to 1,000 - albeit snugly.

In Unity,

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
09 Mar 2018 21:49 #5 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic A reminder
Thank you, you have the utmost gratitude from myself, the Barony, and its inhabitants. Father, we will gladly utilize what the church has to offer....you are true example in which all should strive for. Wren, I will coordinate with Dirge. You, your faculty, and your academy can always be counted on, thank you.

Taylor Meise
09 Mar 2018 22:35 #6 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic A reminder
Gras,

I have spoken with Rudolf about this, and we have a lot of space in Mordavia for people. A good number of our buildings are still empty. We should be able to fit a large number of refugees. We have food for them, as well as medical supplies and troops to protect them.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
10 Mar 2018 22:04 #7 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic A reminder
It's nae much, but the common folk can shelter in my house in Kaladonia. It is wha' I can give.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
10 Mar 2018 23:31 #8 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A reminder
Newly in possession of a modest cottage on the outskirts of the Proper, I would be willing for it to house anyone who would wish to stay therein. Merely write me for directions.

~Nalick

• Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Mar 2018 23:36 #9 by Ephrem (bamore62)
So far Dirge and I have communicated via augury. It seems that the best place for those who cannot travel long distances (and their families) would be the Academy. Those who can travel safely further distances can proceed to the Church of Light Mission House in Pendarvin. Some should go straight to the Ostcliff (the largest), Kaladonia and Dregamire Mission Houses. If all cannot fit in the houses, we can at least set up temporary shelters and use the Mission Houses as centers of distribution of food and water during the evacuation. Primus Aldric has long been storing food supplies and wisely investing in pest control/deterrents to insure a reasonably large and stable supply for just such emergency. Care must be taken that the crowded conditions do not promote the spread of disease, so healers much be on the alert at all times.

This is what we need to accomplish:
1) send riders to communicate to the commoners our evacuation plan;
2) communicate to the people what number of days supplies they should carry and the time and place to meet;
3) organize them into manageable cohorts by families; choose a head of household to coordinate a cohort of either 10 families or approximately 50 to 100 individuals;
4) have a volunteer Hero assigned a destination and organize/move 10 cohorts with guards; we would need 15-20 Heroes who would be up for the task.
5) when they reach their destination, set them up into areas where supplies can be moved easily from several nodes as storage areas; the Mission Houses would serve well as centers for distribution.
6) perimeters of guards set up for protection around each refugee encampment.

Gras and Dirge at the Inn, can you assign families to cohorts according to their potential for mobility and ability to carry supplies? Remember keeping those who have difficulty traveling for the Academy.
I will receive and set up incoming refugees in Pendarvin.
Father Donny can await the refugees in Kaladonia and organize supplies, distribution lines, and a perimeter guard. I will do likewise in Pendarvin.
Kanas, it seems that those moving to Ostcliff would do well under your guardianship. If you could move them and coordinate with Lord Rudolph the housing and supply lines. Speak with Primus Aldric when you arrive as to the use of the Mordavian Mission House.
Any others could be moved into Dregamire to the Church's Mission House there. Mother Kaiva has already spoken to the Lord there regarding accepting refugees into the land.
Via augury, I will contact Angeliana directly about moving the orphans from the Heart of the Chariot to insure their safety.

Those not going into the Chaos Wastes this feast and those who are not on missions with regard to the Map of the Arcane Sons will be sorely needed to protect and guard the refugees.

Gras, it would be your call to send out runners and riders to inform the people after you have decided on a time and place to assemble. Dirge will lead and delegate any others at the Inn who can start determining which cohort goes where. Be sure to keep tight count of how many are going to which land; organizing the cohorts and delegating will help tremendously in this matter.

It will seem chaotic and I doubt it will go without a hitch, but if we coordinate our efforts and give clear, simple instructions to the people we might see a smooth and organized evacuation.

To everyone, we need volunteers. Also, if there is anything we have left out or have failed to consider, please by all means bring it up to our attention. We need all the collective talent and mind power of the Barony to insure the safety of the people.

May the Lord of Light guide our path
Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
the Heart of Valos

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
10 Mar 2018 23:53 #10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A reminder
Your Baronial Guard will devote a good segment of its resources to ensuring the evacuation is performed as planned.

~Sgt. Nalick Underhill

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
11 Mar 2018 10:37 #11 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic A reminder
I will remind you all, the proper does not have any commoners who live there between feasts typically, and only the direct area of the proper is moving. All other parts of the Baronial Estate of Travance and the lands of Travance will be remaining in place to function as usual. It’s not really needed to make plans for refugees- Corsair will only be moving the buildings and area that border the road that encircles the proper. We only need to ensure that anyone who does not want to go is not within the area in which we travel to for the Baron’s Feast each month. Anything beyond that, even by only a few feet, will continue to be remained in pristine order.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Mar 2018 10:47 #12 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Thank you Cara. We did not know the extent of the move.
However, since all the Heroes will be moving with the building into the Chaos Wastes, it might be best to insure that the commoners in the rest of the Baronial Estate temporarily move away from the area to safer lands in the barony. There will not be the Heroes gathering for feast to offer protection from (or take the brunt of) attacks that are so common during the gathering of Heroes at the feast. I think it best to be safe than sorry; we have the resources it seems.
Still, it is good that you have shared the extent of the move; more knowledge shared is better.

With thanks,
Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
the Heart of Valos

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds