For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)

• Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
09 May 2018 16:07 #1 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons) was created by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Greetings!
All over Arawyn there's Dragoons of all colors, some may not even know there colors. Are you one of them?
Are you unaware of your Dragon Spirits color?
If so myself and Aiki are willing to help! Dragoons are a family, and with that we are more than willing to aid you in finding out what chroma you might be! The Dragoon Cairn is where we go to help embrace our dragon spirit through rituals that help create a stronger bond.
We are here for you and willing to help because we are all family!
For those who have been dragoons for many moons, being there to welcome newcomers will let them know that we are here for one another! It also helps having another Dragoon of your chroma to help guide and show you the ways of your dragon spirit. Each have very different ways of handling situations so having those of the same chroma will most certainly help anyone feel more welcome.
If you're not a dragoon and just curious on how all of this works, don't be afraid to just ask Aiki or I! You may even watch one of our rituals if you so wish!
Please find myself or Aiki if you are unaware of your color or wish to partake in one of the rituals!

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Faila (Faila)
09 May 2018 16:45 #2 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
I like learning things!

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 May 2018 16:50 #3 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Midori, Aiki and I would be more than happy to teach you anything you would like about the dragoons and their history!
I'll have to take you down to the Cairn sometime too!

[img

09 May 2018 17:09 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
ye forgot one, Reno.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 May 2018 19:02 #5 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Which one of what have I forgotten, Donny?

[img

09 May 2018 19:49 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
I'm willing to help. I learned from the Old Sword.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 May 2018 20:10 #7 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
I know you're more than willing to help, I know a lot of Dragoons are willing to.
This was just something Aiki and I were putting in front of the populous as a reminder that we are here for one another

[img

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
10 May 2018 13:27 #8 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Young Reno's posting should not be construed to place those mentioned therein in any implied position of authority over any other dragoon, new or old. This is a samaritanly offer of assistance, nothing more.

Please, on behalf of my student, I ask that any who read this make nothing more of it. They just wish to help unite the broods and thereby restore the glory and cohesion of the Cairn of Travance.

--MW

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 May 2018 13:51 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Now that I think about it, I don't really know too much about my spirit other than the color, and if it's possibly I would like to connect more with the being I now share a body with.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
10 May 2018 13:59 #10 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
I'm glad that when I made a posting about this I got no responses whatsoever, by no dragoons, including by the ones I thought would help with this, yourself included Reno. Honestly kind of disappointed.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
10 May 2018 14:05 #11 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Perhaps Nesterin's letter was lost in the commotion of the Floating City. Out of respect and in the spirit of cooperation and reconciliation, I rescribe it here.

--MW

O. Nesterin wrote: Learning recently that I am dragon-blooded, I have been deeply investing a lot of my time in the research of Dragons and dragoons. I have come to meet several dragoons this past moon and I was hoping that any who are Dragoons or think they might be one and feel like helping me out, please send me a missive. If you are one and you know your color, I would be very interested to know what it is. If you know you are a dragoon and would like help in discovering your color, I would very much be interested in helping you. And if you think you might, or are just curious in finding out if you are one, I would also very much enjoy helping in that regard as well.

Send a private missive to my home or business, or leave a response here if you feel so inclined.

Thank you in advance,

((OOG: www.knightrealms.com/community/forums/Th...ng-for-dragoons.html ))

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
11 May 2018 11:52 #12 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
The campaign in the wastes has exacted a heavy toll on many of our number. In this past gathering I was finally able to perform a sending off of sorts for those who's heroics souls were unable to return from such a taxing campaign. The thousands of which that bled for the safety we are so privileged to awaken to every sunrise. I personally having to bear the weight of command of thousands of dragoons from Sorrel's Legionnaire Army who followed myself and Lord General Magnus into almost certain demise. With this comes the responsibility of ensuring that all dragon blooded or those with the gifts bestowed by the dragon come together and ensure that the balance between light and dark order and chaos is kept in check. I will openly decree now that from this point further there is to be no secrets among our number. We have a responsibility to guide the young and learn from the old. A family to keep and a culture to share with all that are willing to witness. Now is the Age of Dragoons more prevalent than any before. It is up to us to ensure that there be no lost among our number and bring into the fold / offer a hand to all those in need.

Nesterin I am re-missed to hear about your disappointment. As stated before many of our number were away in the wastes in a fierce campaign against Necrophitus in which had no time to respond to these between gathering musings. Terrafess has had its number crippled an I am currently endeavoring to replenish it. With Emperor Sorrel at the walls ever vigilant the task is delegated among us to ensure that the Terrafess city is looked after and that supplies are maintained.

"Naranbaatar" Aikichi
Legionnaire Commander of the Kormyrian Army
In service to the people

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Mantel (sigma-j), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
11 May 2018 20:02 #13 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
I may not be a dragoon, but fate and certain magics allowed me to channel another's spirit for a few moons. I would love to see the cairn and learn more someday about Dragoons and their history if that's okay.

~Dean Khala Greycloak of the Darkwood Academy

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
11 May 2018 20:14 - 18 Dec 2019 13:09 #14 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
I have long been familiar with dragons and the dragon-blooded but some recent events have left me with questions. I would like very much to speak with you regarding this.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:09 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
12 May 2018 08:28 #15 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
As previously stated, though still newly awakened I too can aid. I have taken part in my own ceremony with Sir Philidin and have spent some time in the Dragoon City of Terafess studying.

Khala,

Be sure that if you decide to visit the cairn that you are accompanied by a Dragoon. Your entrance into the cairn will be denied by old power unless invited by one of blood or bond. I have not seen the repercussions first hand of someone attempting to enter the cairn unaccompanied.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Mantel (sigma-j)
12 May 2018 22:53 #16 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Of course Nesterin! I wouldn't want to do anything to purposefully offend or cause harm, hence why I would love if someone would sit with me at some point or take me to see the cairn.

~Dean Khala Greycloak of the Darkwood Academy

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
13 May 2018 15:27 #17 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
I would gladly take you when we both find the time.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
13 May 2018 17:48 #18 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic For Dragoons New and Old (and even Non-Dragoons)
Whether I should be surprised that this has not turned to violence, I do appreciate the fact that a conflict was resolved peaceably.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 May 2018 11:57 #19 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
To all who are interested, You may come to me at anytime whether its in person or through missive if you so wish but you are also welcome to go to any other Dragoon if you so wish.

Nesterin, I do not think you understand the reason on why I wrote this. I did this after speaking to Aiki about it. We wanted to put forward a reminder to all of Travance that we are willing to teach them about our heritage whether they were dragon blooded or not. This was not a statement telling people to just go to myself and Aiki. I’m sorry if that’s how you took it. I’m sorry that I was unable to even see your responses you had placed here sooner, I was away doing personal business that I will not unveil on a public board.
But I do not appreciate you publicly disclosing disappointment to me. You should have sent me a missive telling me how you felt and why you felt that way so we could solve our issues like adults, rather than sending me an unsigned message to which you wished to either make me feel bad. If this is something that continues to bother you after I had just explained the situation since it was a misunderstanding, you are more than welcome to approach me on this matter and we will take the time to sit down and talk about it.

[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds