The Royal Crown

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
28 Aug 2018 22:06 - 28 Aug 2018 23:59 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
The Royal Crown was created by Aleister (Aleister)
It was brought to my attention that I should take a moment to explain my last letter.

For those not in the know, I want to clear up any possible confusion that may be milling about.

Some years ago, King Aleric Nostrov had died of an unfortunate accident. The death was covered up at the time, explicitly because of the turmoil surrounding the kingdom and the aftermath of the demon wars. To be seen publicly without a king would have been an advantageous time for our enemies to strike out.

However, recently it came to light what transpired, within the last year. Count Sebastian Everest let out a call to the world claiming 'Whoever so dares to bring down the Kingdom of Kormyre, come to Travance and face me. For in this time of an empty throne, I am ruler.' (This statement is paraphrased, mind you)

In this time, the Count, and subsequently the ruling bodies of Travance, were tasked with seeking out either a rightful heir as King Aleric had no direct descendants, or one worthy of bearing The Crown. This situation is unique in it's opportunity to give some sway toward who is ordained as the new King as potential options arose.

So far, to my recollection, King Regent Donavan Stonewall was a potential candidate. He was the man who overtook Castle Nostrov after Xualla's attack and negotiated it's release. He was named an advisor to King Aleric for his aptitude and pure intentions -- albeit less than proper methodology.

And now we are presented with Elijah Crowley, who bears the royal bloodline, though removed enough that his succession may have been forgotten or any other reason we are not yet aware of.

So when I stated my claim to support Elijah, it is for all this explanation. However, no decision such as this is being made lightly, or is being made quickly. There will likely be more candidates worthy of succession, and this choice will ultimately be made by the Royal Court. Though even so, Travance is a powerful place with far reach, and it is possible that collectively we can sway their choice in some way, if we are to believe any candidate more worthy than another.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 28 Aug 2018 23:59 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis Brand (Devin), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Seth (Kurteth), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds