Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs

25 Sep 2018 15:47 #31 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Sergei,
This is mostly a result of Kyari taking the roll of Chronicler in the first place. Her death personified, as the second Kyari, has brought itself now a target of other matters.
It sickens us that a Kolotar would involve itself with gadje in this manner, they only serve to complicate this ending.
We where under the position the Chronicler simply needed to die, they have become a fecal stain on our peoples ways. Something so intimate as trust was put into a blasphemes waters. The Taleshi may not need the Kolator, the Potrevskis are the same way, if they where to die we would continue on. They merely hold regards not devotion from our people. So we put our stance as the fallowing, as to repair our misplaced regards. We seek to capture her death for Devariatus, and slay the Stain remaining, then offer her place among our peoples respects to him if he would accept such. Then to the Potrevskis and any other family whom would recognize Devariatus would be a Kolator. This may become unraveled through many means, and our agreement is ever shifting, but as of now this is our stance.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
25 Sep 2018 16:28 #32 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
I would argue, that if any kin do not wish to touch this matter that it is fair and understandable. However, if the goal of Kyari is to prevent the ascension of Chronicler, that the Argenti as a whole could in fact be in trouble. Kyari is a Kolator, which means that many, believe in them, which given my very vague understanding of how the Eodrean gods work means that annihilating any amount of ancient Argenti through time could be a feasible option to get Kyari to their end goal.

Regardless of my personal beliefs about the Kolator or Chronicler, both of which I have met via the body that we used in the Quartz Academy, they helped saved Cennius at the time. Devariatus, when freed from the thread of fate, had said some things I am curious to follow up on, and so I will continue to watch and assist as said before.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
25 Sep 2018 17:09 #33 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Nadia,
Chronicler is Kyari. Kyari being an Ordrum, upon becoming the Chronicler she could not die, therefor the cycle of an Ordrum was interrupted, for when their task is complete they themselves are to cease. She cannot, so her death took form and seeks to uphold that cycle. Her death and herself both being Kyari. This is to our understanding. Your prior judgment of the situation may be correct, and is of concern.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
25 Sep 2018 17:39 #34 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Moostrav,
My wording is poor and did not account well for trying to separate the wills of the two parts even though they are the same person. I apologize but I do understand.

My main point was to the fact that destroying those that believe in her in the past may be a viable option and was an example of a concern any Argenti may have despite which walk they come from. Regardless of how one feels about the Kolator or Gods there is room here for our very way of life to be disrupted. Though I don't need to convince you of anything, it was merely for others who were questioning whether we should intervene or not.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
25 Sep 2018 18:15 #35 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Regardless of religion or politics, Belegchand you have my sword whether or not you accept.

This is something I'll see through.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
25 Sep 2018 22:06 #36 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
I understand what you are requesting Belegchand Dinephilin. This request is not something that should be taken lightly, and the more assistance you get in regards to it the better. While for my own personal reasons I would assist in this, the only thing that does concern me though is if you really want me to. I state this since I will not lie. I feel I have become a marked man as of late, and helping you take on this challenge is something that others may hold in absolute disdain at the very least. Though to assist in all of them is something I don't expect to do, and judging by how, or for that matter, when they take place (both in our time, and in reflection of when these events occur), you probably would not expect me to get involved in all of them.

Judging by how you wish to proceed, I will let you decide if it is worth it to let someone like me participate in an operation like this. If it turns out I am not needed, or for that matter wanted, then I will have no qualms if I am not chosen.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
26 Sep 2018 00:58 #37 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Hjolda! Belegchand, after all the times you have assisted me I would be the most churlish skitna not to help you.

You have what knowledge I can bring to the table, as well as my sword, and my mind, for all the good that it might do, and my voice, should lending it to this cause be needed. All that I am is yours if you require it.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
26 Sep 2018 08:06 - 26 Sep 2018 09:08 #38 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Cara

I didn’t realize that asking for more information automatically makes me this terrible person. How DARE I ask questions as I am “only” a Guard after all. I didn’t realize that being a Guard strips me of any sense of self or my right to understand a situation. I also didn’t realize that asking questions made me a judge or a jury.

But now that I know, I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for that judgement of my character and thoughts. Apparently you not being a Guard gives you that right to prejudge others.

As for the others who have attempted to actually answer my questions- my thanks. I understand much more clearly now.

Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 26 Sep 2018 09:08 by Liz (Liz).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
26 Sep 2018 11:01 #39 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
A thought. To date, at least one timeline branch has already been obliterated in Kyari's attempt to unmake/destroy Chronicler in April, and it shows what they are willing to do to achieve their goals. If Malikar had died before he could ascend, Cyrith would never have fallen, causing Valos to never Ascend. Those events led to the people of Arawyn Being strong enough to stop Xualla and Balfurius during the demon wars. These events would have led to the death of mortal life, which then would also lead to the remaining gods losing their power, assuming of course they didn't simply die to Necrophitus in his bid to destroy the Anastazi.

Realistically speaking, Kyari is EVERYONE's problem. To think otherwise is to fail to grasp the scope of their actions reverberating through the timelines.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
26 Sep 2018 12:13 - 26 Sep 2018 12:14 #40 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs

Tom P (Father Ridigan) wrote: If Malikar had died before he could ascend, Cyrith would never have fallen, causing Valos to never Ascend. . Those events led to the people of Arawyn Being strong enough to stop Xualla and Balfurius during the demon wars. These events would have led to the death of mortal life, which then would also lead to the remaining gods losing their power, assuming of course they didn't simply die to Necrophitus in his bid to destroy the Anastazi.

This is... not entirely accurate. Well, it is how things unfolded in some timelines, but you're assuming a cause-and-effect chain that could easily have had causes replaced with others to ensure the same effects. It is just as likely that, say, Chronicler's eventual ascendance would have allowed *Her* to see the outcome, and perhaps she makes a deal with Galmachis & Galladel to strike down Cyrith. Or maybe Visigalis wakes up and goes "well that won't do", and finds another way to strengthen everyone. Perhaps everything unfolds exactly as it always has, but someone knocks one little statue of a unicorn into a trash bin accidentally...

The point here is that from our limited perspective we can never truly know what will and won't affect the course of time to the point where major changes occur. It may well be that if Kyari accomplishes her task, some other being takes up the mantle of Chronicler. (Of course, if Kyari accomplishes her task in the past, then she causes another paradox about herself, but I'm getting before myself.)

I had meant to deliver a timeline of events, so that it is all in one little spot.
-The Anastazi create our world and populate it.
-Some Anastazi stay around - dragons, fae, that sort of thing.
-Some Anastazi were never supposed to be here, but wanted to see what all the fuss was about, so they snuck in - the Ordrim. They eventually became some of the Kolator of the Argenti people.
-Most Anastazi left, after... some shenanigans. As the Ordrim were never supposed to be here, they had been sort of... hiding their presence from the rest of the Anastazi. Since the rest of the Anastazi didn't know they were here, they didn't send a note that the train to the Astral was departing. The Ordrim were left behind.
-The Ordrim known as Kyari, who was only a Kolator at this point, tells Arawyn (also an Anastazi, who chose to stay behind) that she will help him keep track of all this information about the world as she is going about her ordained task to write these songs of Fate. More and more join her, and this is enough to eventually catapult her to godhood.
-Chronicler-Kyari has completed her task, and so should die, but cannot, as she is now a god. (Which is... actually incredibly contradictory to the rest of the things we've learned, such as "the Anastazi are all true immortals and their essence can never truly be destroyed", so an Ordrim should not be able to be destroyed? And it even contradicts "Malikar killed Cyrith"; honestly, gods die all the time, this is such a mess.)
-ANYWAY. Something has to kill her, eventually, because of universal law, so Chronicler-Kyari's ascension leaves behind a splinter I will call Inevitable-Kyari (and yes, I know what else that word can mean. I feel it is appropriate here.). Inevitable-Kyari's purpose is to kill Chronicler-Kyari.
-Inevitable-Kyari keeps trying to find ways to do this, and keeps moving through time and trying things at different points in history to weaken Chronicler-Kyari.
-A particular asshole Arani named Devariatus got wind of this and started following around the songs that Kyari (as in, the Kyari before there was a Chronicler) wrote as a means to sort of... map the Threads of Fate. (Yes, the Threads of Fate are a literal thing that can be seen and touched if you have the right skillset, who knew?)
-He was able to find the Thread that binds him, and cut it.
-There are some more things about Devariatus, Arani, and more astral beings than you can shake a tentacle at, but I'll not go into them here.
-Chronicler-Kyari and Inevitable-Kyari are now in a race against each other.

These songs will take us to points in time when Inevitable-Kyari is going to try and alter history in a bid to get at Chronicler-Kyari. We need to research each song, and each event, to figure out how it's supposed to go, so that we know what to do when we get there.

We are in desperate need of more researchers on this. Belegchand & I taught a few people, but it's still not enough. These songs are vague, and we really need to get down to specifics. ((OOG: We need enough people to hit Lore: History x15. I promise you, there's room for you on this plot :) )).

As for Kyari, Chronicler-Kyari, Inevitable-Kyari, and the Kolator: I cannot say with any certainty which is the current Kolator Kyari. It is possible it is all three.

If you have more questions, I will answer with joy. Bit of a thing with Chronicler clergy, really; we're supposed to answer questions when asked, and never chastise the querant, unless we believe that answering the question will put too many stories in danger.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 26 Sep 2018 12:14 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Sep 2018 12:31 #41 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Lois and others:

I have some theories about some of this that I would like to posit in person when I have the chance. Perhaps if you will be around next moon I can discuss with you all.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
26 Sep 2018 12:35 #42 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
I'll offer my assistance, should you have need of a time traveling sociopath.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Sep 2018 12:38 #43 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs

Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) wrote: I'll offer my assistance, should you have need of a time traveling sociopath.

I am quite sure we will need a time traveling sociopath.

Nadia, I'd love to hear them, and I'm willing to bet everyone else involved would be, as well.

----

----
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
26 Sep 2018 13:34 #44 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
I intend to help research this (and will probably be buried in books between now and next Feast, should anyone want to borrow any, especially those dealing with histories). And I affirm what Lois said, and will gladly try to answer any questions that come my way. If you can find me underneath the pile of books, that is.

I've a responsibility to see this through, and I intend to.

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Sep 2018 14:33 #45 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
No longer bearing a scroll of my own, I am still well-studied in the matter at hand and will do what I am able.

~Nalick

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Sep 2018 15:15 #46 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
I have so many frustrations and questions about Chronicler.

If anyone remembers the times when Chronicler still aligned herself with the Dark Pantheon, please contact me. I wish to know more specifics of how she turned from that path, and when.

--Mantel

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
26 Sep 2018 15:25 #47 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
While not in my general scope of knowledge, I will be happy to assist in any research that is needed. Starling, I have a tome that covers the first age if you think it will assist you at all.

Taylor Meise
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Sep 2018 15:44 #48 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)

Mantel (sigma-j) wrote: If anyone remembers the times when Chronicler still aligned herself with the Dark Pantheon, please contact me. I wish to know more specifics of how she turned from that path, and when.

--Mantel

I was not present for Her actual rescue, so I will leave the details for someone else to tell you, but in brief for a period of about 500 years she was, essentially, kidnapped and bound by Glomm into the service of the Dark side of the pantheon.

----

----
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
26 Sep 2018 20:12 #49 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
Time travel makes my head hurt, you have both my brain and claws should they be needed. I have studied history, and I solemnly swear not to eat any important papers.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
27 Sep 2018 13:41 #50 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
That is why i offered my assistance Drake Queen. Time Travel hurts most of your heads to be honest, and so I am here to help explain it in concepts that are entirely understandable and completely inaccurate.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Solitaire (nobody2357)
01 Oct 2018 22:02 #51 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
If there is any assistance I can offer, let me know. These are not matters I am familiar with, and I do not know much about Chronicler’s history.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
04 Oct 2018 08:36 #52 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
This is why you're our time traveling sociopath, Gabriel.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
11 Oct 2018 14:06 #53 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Assistance Needed: The Ediyri Songs
**NOT KEAVY**

Pardon my delay in response to this, I am still trying to get settled in these parts.

I may not feel the most comfortable trying to interfere with the Kolator, but at the same time, being a singer, I can't turn my back on this, especially since it directly affects the one Kolator I relate to most.

The song still haunts my mind, despite not having the sheet in my hands. Should the time come I cant do much in the way of combat, but should you need my voice I will be there. I'm sure I'll have the song memorized by then..

Oh, and I'll be sure to bring alcohol. We're gonna need it.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Solitaire (nobody2357)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.715 seconds