To the Citizens of Travance, Duke Edgar Balliol, and Arawyn...

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
03 Nov 2018 18:59 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
Hello.

Please forgive any sort of errors, be they grammatical or otherwise. I am currently traveling and the cart is rather bumpy. I pray this message reaches you well.

Though I am far, those with the ability to see, divine, and with ears in all corners of the world have relayed to me some of the things that are currently being discussed and debated in your town.

Oh, forgive me, I suppose I should introduce myself before continuing.

My name is Elijah Crowley. Many of you may remember me from a bit of nasty business in August. The sacrifice many of you made was immense, and saved not only myself, but countless lives that share any sort of relation to the late king and whom he descended from. Possibly hundreds of thousands of lives were saved by you all. And from the deepest part of my heart, you have my thanks and gratitude.

But, this is far from the greatest act you have done.

I was a young boy during the Demon Incursion. Their wrath destroyed my home, and I watched as people burned. They were unstoppable. And yet, against this, Travance quelled the enslaught. I recall when the Null threatened to devour all that was, and nearly succeeded. And yet, in defiance, Travance took back our right to exist. I myself was terrified when the sky went dark, when Arawyn as we know it changed according to a devious plot by the Eidolich. Travance again stood.

Time and time again, you have saved Arawyn. And this is only including the more recent and largest of your feats.

These stories that are told inspire people to do incredible acts. The effect you have on Arawyn is incredible. Countless of people hear of your heroics and strive to be better every day.

And yet, it is these same stories which cause such fear. Cause the world to view you as a threat, and spout tales of horrible monstrous deeds you have committed. Many of these stories hold truth.

Yet I ask those that would call for your destruction: Who is it that was first to see the cause for balance? Where was it that Galamachis started his push for unification?Who was it that stood at the precipice of destruction itself, and pushed back?

It is Travance. Time and time again.

This rhetoric, is not without purpose. There will be many which receive copies of this beyond Travancians. Those who intercept this message for their own viewing, and I want to make it clear as to why I am naming the great deeds of Travance. I am sending a message to all of Arawyn of who I stand with, and whom I believe can push towards the greatest era of peace. And most importantly:

I am asking for your help.

As many of you are aware, I am one of the varied few who hold a legitimate claim to the throne of Kormyre. A position on the throne which countless lives have been lost squabbling over in various kingdoms and in various times. A position I wish to see filled with the least amount of bloodshed, for the betterment of the most.

I have told many of you, upon my last visit "In any Kingdom I may rule, the only ones that bow will be those whom are grateful." I hold fast this statement. Too long have I seen nobles abuse their power. Too long have the lowest and weakest upheld the greatest weight.

We must strive to be better. We must strive for a kingdom that puts the needs of the lowest first and the highest last. Nobles that do not have the power to abuse, only to guide. We must do everything in our power to hear every side and every voice. Work together with every one that would lend a voice to advise, an ear to hear, or a shoulder to lean on. A kingdom where nobles work together for the betterment of their people, and those of lower stations voices are heard.

If you deem this to be the Kormyre you wish to see then I will do all within my power to help us achieve this, regardless of the station that I am placed in.

However, if you deem that this to be a fool's errand; a naive attempt at a truly peaceful society, then I urge you to follow your convictions.

The fate of Kormyre, the fate of Arawyn, is in your hands again. I trust with my entire heart that you will do your best, and I will be alongside you no matter your choice.

And now, I implore you directly, Duke Edgar Balliol: Let us work together on this. Let all of Kormyre, Travance included, come to a peaceful resolution. Allow us to meet, sans weaponry or devices of harm, any and all of those who hold a claim on the throne. Let us meet and come to a resolution which I am sure we all wish for:

An Era of Peace.

Thank you, and forever in duty,

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
04 Nov 2018 22:57 #2 by Ephrem (bamore62)
If your words are true I would enjoy speaking with you Elijah Crowley. I do not know where to reach you, but you may contact me in Travance easily enough.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
05 Nov 2018 10:14 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic To the Citizens of Travance, Duke Edgar Balliol, and Arawyn...
Father Ephram,

He's sincere. I'll stake my honor as a Highlander on that. Little idealistic, but sincere. I wish to speak wi' him meself.

-Father Donny

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds