A letter from the Primus of the Church of Light in Travance

• Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
04 Nov 2018 18:04 - 04 Nov 2018 18:10 #1 by Ephrem (bamore62)
[A letter from the Primus of the Church of Light in Travance]

To those who follow the Light, to the people of Travance, and to any person of good will.

I have spoken with Pontiff Artreus to seek out his counsel with regard to the recent events in the Kingdom which would seem to thrust Kormyre into turmoil. I have taken his words seriously and have come to the same conclusions. I have consulted with our own clergy who by consensus have also reached the same conclusions. To those who are in the Church, I would ask you to take to heart these words as they reasonably follow the true mission of the Church. To those who are of different or no religious persuasions, I would ask to keep an open mind and weigh the merit of the words themselves. Even to those who oppose the Church, I would ask to read these words that perhaps we do have common ground and common enemy in the imminent battles and unavoidable war.

1) Legally the royal crown and the castle represent the Kingdom and so whoever possess both speak for the Kingdom.

2) From a personal standpoint and a more spiritual one, the high pontiff says that at the end of the day [we as clergy of the Church of Light] should first and foremost side with the values of the Light, which may or may not be with the Kingdom depending on the circumstances. I would concur. Of my own thoughts, although not perfect (questioning if anything can actually claim perfection), the laws and traditions of the Kingdom do side more with justice, hope, purity, and life than not.

3) The pontiff admits that he knows little of the current sides, but knows that currently the Count appears to be in legal control of the Kingdom and until such a point that the Count proves himself to be morally reprehensible and unfit in the eyes of the Light, the Church of Light should side with him. With this I concur also, as have the other clergy of the Church of Light here in Travance. While we all have unanimously been hopeful for a peaceful resolution, the recent letter from Loez indicates that Duke Balliol and his supporters have forced our hand in war. The Church will support the Count in this conflict and by just means will aid in seeking a swift end to this war with the goal of justice and peace prevailing in its wake.

Be faithful to your god.
Andorrans, keep our troops hopeful and see that mercy is offered when sincerely requested.
Gaians, support the life of the people during this conflict, especially those innocent and vulnerable who will suffer the effects of war.
Galladelians, keep an eye on all of us to remain pure and true, not just in our goal but also in our means to achieve that goal.
Valosians, strap on your armor and follow me into battle, for I will be on the front line,

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Last edit: 04 Nov 2018 18:10 by Ephrem (bamore62).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Seth (Kurteth), Berek Orino (Andrew609), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Nov 2018 20:17 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A letter from the Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
We are with you all, and so is She.

--Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds