To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers

05 Nov 2018 14:48 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Greetings Everyone,

While in the past those titled scholars were often solely responsible for researching topics of any kind, with time and progress the various libraries and other outlets of information have opened up to anyone willing to dedicate themselves to learning how to properly research.

Many interested in research have already approached me asking how to explore a topic or the best way to spread that information around. Often those not known as a scholar before did not have the chance to express the knowledge they had.

So, I want to gather all researchers of varying expertise to come together for a small tea time this feast (maybe a small lunch if we bring something to share with everyone)

Depending on how many are interested, we have been granted permission to use the Count's Study so we may have an undisturbed conversation. If we have a lot of individuals, I will see who would be willing to host us if the weather is unpleasant.

Especially with the various topics coming up this feast, having a lot of strong minds working together will help.

We can collaborate together to make sure everyone's voices are heard and respected in our various fields of expertise and interests.

The first step, in my opinion, is listening and having a chance to get to know each other.

If you're interested, please leave a message here or send me a missive with your name and a time you'd like to aim to meet so I may make up a tally.

Be Well!

Dame Ilana Darkwood-Zero
Knight of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili (), Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
05 Nov 2018 20:03 #2 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
I love this idea! I would prefer Friday or Saturday evening, if at all possible.

~Ergos

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
05 Nov 2018 20:20 #3 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
I will look forward to that if I can get to Travance this Gather.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
05 Nov 2018 21:26 #4 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Thank you, Ilana Darkwood.
As for me, same as Ergos.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Nov 2018 22:45 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Let's get it started as soon as the crier gets off that rickety table. Tea, coffee, whatever we can get our grubby hands on and right down into whatever information we've got.

--Chet

06 Nov 2018 00:32 #6 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
If i make it to the proper this feast, I will do my best to be there.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
06 Nov 2018 10:32 #7 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
I want to also be present. Though my expertise not be magically versed I have solved issues beyond the capacity of others purview. I also want to encourage we bring newer members to of course observe or share their opinions. Not all have the time to diligently be keeping track at these boards.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
06 Nov 2018 10:43 - 06 Nov 2018 11:23 #8 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Ilana,
I will be present. Anytime is fine.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
Last edit: 06 Nov 2018 11:23 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn). Reason: Forgot to suggest a time
06 Nov 2018 11:25 - 06 Nov 2018 11:33 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Aiki, if it came across as 'only people who respond to this will be counted', that was not the intention. I just need a general idea of how many might actually be interested so I know how much I should try and get together for refreshments. I always add at least five to most numbers in my head when it comes to serving folks.

Everyone, please, invite anyone you'd like that's interested in researching all the trouble that likes to bother us during gatherings.

Chet - I am unavailable first thing Friday evening and I know around midnight there is another party that everyone has been invited to. If I have to make this Saturday evening for the sake of majority, I will.

Dame Ilana Darkwood

Oh, and if this doesn't happen this feast, at least I can keep shifting this paper to gather more names so people at least know there's others interested until we can have a proper meet.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 06 Nov 2018 11:33 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
06 Nov 2018 17:59 #10 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
I plan on attending if at all I can. I may not be free for all of Saturday evening if that's the best time for everyone, but I am as of yet uncertain.

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
07 Nov 2018 23:00 #11 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Put me down for planning to attend. I'm always happy to join a discussion and hear what little tricks people use for research.

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
08 Nov 2018 10:59 #12 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Hopefully we'll be meeting more often than just the once. Communication should never be a one time thing.

--Chet

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Solitaire
  • Thank Yous: 13
08 Nov 2018 16:07 #13 by Solitaire (nobody2357)
Replied by Solitaire (nobody2357) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
I won't be returning to the proper for some time but this interest me, if anyone takes notes I would most appreciative if you could send me a copy. And if you have more meetings like this in the future I will endeavor to make it.

Rayvn Solitaire
Bearer of the Word

Alt: Zìrras Amadán
OOG: KC Callahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
08 Nov 2018 16:46 - 08 Nov 2018 16:54 #14 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Chet - First step means first meeting.

I am unsure if I would have time to meet multiple times just this feast with my usual duties, but I am perfectly fine with meeting other times if people are actually interested in it.

It looks like Saturday evening. Perhaps I can get permission to make an announcement about it during feast if I figure out a specific time that is best.

Friday evening, if you want to help and are unsure how, please check in at the Scholar's Table and I am sure someone will be willing to give some guidance (or, if there's no one there, you may look for me.)

Dame Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 16:54 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
08 Nov 2018 19:28 #15 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic To Researchers and Aspiring Researchers
Information is victory. I will stop in bearing children's snacks, as is my traditional offering.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds