Attack from the North

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Dec 2018 23:15 - 04 Dec 2018 23:16 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Attack from the North was created by Aleister (Aleister)
I've collected reports that agents of New Gaaldron have started moving on our northern borders and our forces are stretched thin. We will need to bolster in order to combat them and ultimately push them back. What we can muster within our own heroes is simply not enough and we have to look to the allies we've made over the many years we've been settled here.

In three days, before Midnight on Friday, I will be holding an open meeting for any to attend in the Inn. We must discuss and decide on who we can contact and ask for help, plan the excursions and seek the aid we need. However, we mustn't drag out such a meeting, so if you have suggestions, please note them here. I care little for their supernatural allegiances in this time, so long as they will fight with us or under our banners, they are our allies in this war.

I believe in all of you,
Let us remain steadfast in the face of this threat.

Fight on for the Kingdom,
Warlord, Lord Admiral Aleister Tartaros

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 04 Dec 2018 23:16 by Aleister (Aleister).
04 Dec 2018 23:47 #2 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic Attack from the North
The War drums are pounding out to the wilds, You will know when they are beaten back

GORETUSK

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
05 Dec 2018 02:05 - 05 Dec 2018 02:06 #3 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Attack from the North
The Darkholme, though they may be harder to convince considering Darkenspier's older ties with Tarrush, Flamestone, and Gaaldron. Corvancia may be the precedent that makes it possible to secure Don'Kellard's support.

The Hibernians of this side of the Rift, they have helped us before.

The Venier Tribes. Turrok Varess, Bokal Nerak of the Flayed Valkyrie. They might hear the call to war and come to aid of Her Following in Travance.

The Cheveyo, the Ardrum, the Hiolangorn, the Asgardians. I know not much of their relations with Travance, but if anyone does, any alliance we can secure to the North will be paramount to our survival.

The Dark Dwarves under Honors' Peak. We were helping them deal with the Metalloid incursion some moons ago, and I have not heard from them since, but there is a chance they could be of some help.

The Homunculus City. King Valius, Bell, Swan. They are among our oldest, most consistent allies, over eight long years. We can count on them.

Lawrence Ludvich and his fleet. At the very least to aid our defense. With the majority of our forces embroiled in the north, a third party could destroy us from the south. I especially worry of the Black Fleet. I wish I knew more of mercantile and naval powers. Perhaps Londwyn or Coast Haven could help here.

There are some under New Gaaldron's tyrannical regime that still hold some honor for us. Perhaps we could get through to Domag Ravik. Perhaps there are others on the other side.

The Caverns of Ixarachne. We gave their denizens a home, and subjected them under the Kingdom of Kormyre. This triad of Empires stands ready to take it away. Queen Ariska'vorathet may join us in this war, and it will be a great opportunity to solidify ties between our sovereignties.

Chrystanthalis and Toko Oro Sol. The Solarians and Lehuine, descendants of the Lucerians. We pried them out of ages of war. Perhaps they will help us out of our own ages old hostilities with the hobgoblin regime.

I know the Gates of Passage are defunct currently. Perhaps we can reach out to Neblin, engineers of Londwyn, sorcerers of Quinaria, or even the Sikiri Empire for aid repairing them. I doubt Merelia Cyeos will be any help, but we do have academic connections in Quinaria.

The Ivory Tower may also help, considering the damage to the Weave reported in sites attacked by Gaaldronian forces. The Pentirr Knights of Vardemere may also come to our aid. What we did to end Cymoril's suffering, and what lengths we went to to free them from Arianna's control once and for all. I pray Lord Weaveborn remembers these deeds.

Perhaps the Emerald Path is not so weakened. Is there any way we can get word to Choyopa of Xihinthax? Selendrias may also be able to respond similarly.

Sorel Argentblade, King of Terafes, probably has enough to worry about with the lingering damage from the Null War. But perhaps he can still spare some aid in this dire time.

The Dwarves. We healed their ages' old feud. The Dwarves of Flamestone hold close ties to Gaaldron, but Calasvorin is an old ally of ours. I do not think either will take a strong stance in this war, but if Flamestone aids Gaaldron, they may risk re-kindling hostilities with their cousins. We can argue this.

Where are the Knights of Kaladin? We could use their aid protecting the royal bloodline, be that it flows through so many candidates. Even once we select the true heir, they will all need protection. The kings' blood must survive.

Cennius the Soulforger. I heard he is out there somewhere... My Master gave him a chance, with our help he managed to start to right the wrongs of our past. Perhaps, in a long shot, he could return the favor and send even some small aid for our Kingdom. I only hope that he has made progress to whatever end he has wandered off to pursue.

I hope the Tarrasque is in better condition than the last time we needed its aid. I also hope to all the powers of Eodra that Tameria to the northeast remains in its corner. I do not think we can muster a third front to this war, even with the support of our allies.

--Mantel Warrane

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 05 Dec 2018 02:06 by Mantel (sigma-j).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Dec 2018 02:12 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Attack from the North
If you give me a report to bring, I can bring this to the attention of the Queen.

- Ser Caelvan Renaith McKraegar
March Warden of Selendrias

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Dec 2018 03:23 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Attack from the North
So far as I remember the Asgaard and the Venier are on our side of the Rift. As such it should prove simpler for them to find the battleground if it's not already found them first.

~Nalick

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
05 Dec 2018 07:33 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Attack from the North
I'm sure there are those with connections to the fairy courts, maybe if requested they can come to our aid. Also, our recent interactions with the sun and moon elves might allow us to contact them to request their aid.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
05 Dec 2018 08:49 #7 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Attack from the North
Lord Tartaros,
I can petition the Pontiff for any forces that the church might muster, but I do not think that Glangsdale can spare a single person as it is being threatened directly to its northern border.
What ever happened to Brogen's Red Lions since his self-sacrifice in our battle against the Eidolich? Can they be reassembled and mustered to help in this war?

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
05 Dec 2018 09:50 #8 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Attack from the North
I just got back from the Highlands.

Keep my people the bloody 'ell out of your civil war, until I ha' had a chance to speak wi' who I need to speak to here. There are issues tha' need worked out.

-Donny

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
05 Dec 2018 12:53 #9 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic Attack from the North
I could try speaking with Crystanthalis and the Lehuine people.. They've been very friendly when I visit so I'm sure they'll be willing to at least hear me out.

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
  • Solitaire
  • Thank Yous: 13
05 Dec 2018 16:08 #10 by Solitaire (nobody2357)
Replied by Solitaire (nobody2357) on topic Attack from the North
I've been in Toka Oro Sol for the length of this war so far and I regret not being able to help on the front lines, but if someone can let me know what you would ask of the Solarans I will petition the warchief.

Rayvn Solitaire
Bearer of the Word

Alt: Zìrras Amadán
OOG: KC Callahan
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Dec 2018 22:23 #11 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Attack from the North
Would that I were the Magistrate--and shall we dispense with the awkward nature of such a proposition to a later date--perhaps I would dispatch some of the Blackguard from Stonefall if they do not already number within the militia.

~Nalick

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
06 Dec 2018 01:12 #12 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Attack from the North
I will do what I can to make a case for King Valius to help his allies here in Travance.

As far the rest, they are all good ideas, particularly the Cheveyo, and other tribes of Nordejar. To seek the help of the mighty north would lend us strength we need as the Empire of Gaaldron brings flame and war against us. Do not forget the Veneir, we have won their respect in blood as well now.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Dec 2018 09:00 #13 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Attack from the North
Who do you wish me to contact? I've met quite a few interesting folks in my time here, Mercy, and Alok, some of whom are still alive.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • UraltS
  • The World is always New and Exciting, Go out, Explore.
  • Thank Yous: 10
06 Dec 2018 09:46 #14 by UraltS (deloozea)
Replied by UraltS (deloozea) on topic Attack from the North
I am unsure if I have any pull, but I can try talking to the leaders in Calasvorin to see where they stand currently and how they plan to side as the war progresses.

Uralt Sustoc,
Dwarven Vassal to Ostcliff
Quartermaster aboard the Tidewatcher
Sardonyx Dragoon, 1st Known of His Kind, Host to Eldegone.
Current Champion of Wardterran
OOG: Alexander DeLooze
  • Chris D
  • Thank Yous: 63
06 Dec 2018 15:09 #15 by Chris D (Brogan)
Replied by Chris D (Brogan) on topic Attack from the North
I believe the Blood Moon will be willing to hunt our enemies in their homelands, should the town be willing to surrender the book their leader is after. One dead elf for hundreds of mortal hunters to hunt our enemy might be a worth wild exchange. Not nearly as costly as when the town reforged Bloodtide.

Cyan Bloodbane

Cyan Bloodbane

oog- Chris D
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Dec 2018 20:37 #16 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Attack from the North
Mantel,

If you have the names of the faction leaders I be needing to speak with from both the Deep Dwarves and their Surface Kin, I am certain that Brazen's Teachings and a reminder of them in Mass will help bring both to the effort.

This entire war is an Affront to Brazen, His Teachings and his Works... and I believe both the leaderships of Calas Vorin and Flamestone will agree with that.

Only speaking with them will determine if I am right or not. Considering I helped heal that feud, I think I have a chance to have a few words or minutes of consultation with them.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
06 Dec 2018 20:45 #17 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Replied by Dennis Brand (Devin) on topic Attack from the North
Before any actions are taken, I will remind you all there will be an open meeting for any to attend in the Inn before Midnight on Friday where we must discuss and decide on who we can contact and ask for help, plan the excursions, and seek the aid we need.

- Dennis

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Dec 2018 21:50 - 06 Dec 2018 21:53 #18 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Duncan,

I was hoping you would remember. I was not privy to those deliberations, unfortunately. They were a bit before my second coming to Travance. Though here is a reference card for something pertinent, if outdated, among the scholars' notes.

Aside from that, the treaty was signed in April 1216 if I'm remembering correctly.

--MW

((OOG: www.knightrealms.com/in-game/scholars-no...518-march,-1214.html ))

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 06 Dec 2018 21:53 by Mantel (sigma-j).
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Dec 2018 00:09 #19 by Mantel (sigma-j)

Ephrem (bamore62) wrote: Lord Tartaros,
I can petition the Pontiff for any forces that the church might muster, but I do not think that Glangsdale can spare a single person as it is being threatened directly to its northern border.
What ever happened to Brogen's Red Lions since his self-sacrifice in our battle against the Eidolich? Can they be reassembled and mustered to help in this war?

Father,

The last record of mobilization of the Red Lions I could find was that they were the force primarily involved in reclaiming Glangsdale from the demon hordes in May of 1217. I can only assume they went to the Wastes shortly thereafter, where Templar Brogan laid down his life as the ultimate sacrifice, along with Father Aiden Del Dragon and Avaiiden Earfalas, Amohtar of the Reckless Hand. From there, I do not know. It is worth looking into.

--Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds