[Dec 1218 - Jan 1219] Current War Reports from Kormyre

16 Jan 2019 00:30 - 16 Jan 2019 00:32 #1 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
[Dec 1218 - Jan 1219] Current War Reports from Kormyre was created by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
(( OOG: Not Arradir! ))

Hello Heroes of Travance,

I have enclosed this small letter with my reports for you all to read. Since our last meeting, I have been tirelessly traveling between our battlements and military encampments to ensure your decisions for the last duration were carried out swiftly. The troops are making headway through the rather warm winter we are experiencing, but I expect that the weather will soon take a turn for the worse in the coming weeks.

Things are getting more complicated by the day now with the pretender's forces moving across the mainland; occupying an increasing amount of the lands formerly sworn to our cause. However, wars are not won over the matter of a few months, though we often pray that they would be. We will prevail through this ... and not just because my own freedom is banked on it! (( OOG: A rather well-drawn miniature rendering of Hystern laughing is drawn here as a sign of comedic relief. ))

I will be arriving back into town this coming Saturday afternoon to take in your council again for our next moves. Study what has transpired since the war's start and start formulating your plans. It is time to take the initiative back from the pissant Duke!

Forever in Service to Kormyre and Her People,

[hr]

The Territories Surrounding the Black Keep
We have reorganized the forces of the 2nd Brigade, the 22nd Battalion and the 24th Battalion into the 2nd Legion of Kormyre. They have been aided by a multitude of Heroes to increase the defenses in the surrounding area in preparation of an attack, but our scouts show that the forces have entrenched themselves to the North. Recently, the 2nd received marching orders to begin moving north to position themselves for an offensive.

The Territories within the County of Glangsdale
Over the past month, much of our forces have spent their time fortifying the settlement of Avondale. Within a week after the 6th Division moved into the capitol, the 26th Battalion arrived and work was undertaken to reorganize the fighting force into the 6th Legion. Meanwhile, the 10th Gaaldronian Legion made its way towards the Bykir Ruins, hoisting banners in the Duke's name along the way.

The Territories within the Counties of Fenrik and Loez
There was a significant amount of military consolidation that took place across the two counties. This will be easiest to see on the War Map once the Scribes finish making the adjustments in time for the coming Feast. As our troops make their way across the lush fields surrounding the Kingdom's capital, they were accompanied by a good number of Travance's knighthood, allowing for control to be quickly regained in those regions. However, our scouts are reporting that the 3rd Ducal Division has been rampaging to the south, claiming the villages of Perdell and Farfield for the pretender as well as parts of the Demon Borrows.

The Territories to the East of the Great Rift
The war effort on this side of the Rift is ... interesting to say the least. Thanks to you all, we gained several key allies which will aid our efforts to secure Travance's de jure claim over these lands and push back the unhonorable actions taken by New Gaaldron. The undead army of Cenius and the spider folk of Ixarachne have begun fortifying the Kaladonian front, while the Homunculi and mechanized warriors of Ilthyrias secure Honors Peak. In addition, the Orcish Legion loyal to General Goretusks has moved into a defensive stance in the foothills of the great mountain. Likely due to the massive fortifications and increased population in the capital, the encroaching enemy armies have split their manpower and have begun to claim territories both in Kaladonia and Pendarvin. As of this document's writing, Vindholm and the regions directly surrounding Astanynax Ruins & Gwendalyn on Aris have the New Gaaldronian standard flying high.

Stirring Resistance
A number of individuals spent their time working with resistance cells in the various enemy controlled settlements. I will not go into great detail here, but know that these cells will need well supplied arms to be truly effective. Let us continue to throw cogs into the Duke's war machine.

Other Bits of Information
We should be hearing back from our scouts and spies in the near future, including those searching for power. I will not chance their discovery by placing their names or whereabouts on this document. I have basic reports, but I advise said individuals to reach out to the Scribes at the War Map this Feast so that we might get more information.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 00:32 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds