Reopening the portal to Grimwyr

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
31 Mar 2019 23:07 - 31 Mar 2019 23:07 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
Reopening the portal to Grimwyr was created by Seth (Kurteth)
[The note is hastily written. Messy but legible.]

I just found it was broken Who can reopen it? Immediately. I will pay you any price.

If any citizen who came from there has a gate rune leading back there, name your price and I'll take.

I need this now.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
Last edit: 31 Mar 2019 23:07 by Seth (Kurteth).
31 Mar 2019 23:25 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
Seth,

It is my understanding that the portal on the other side was destroyed completely upon our gate through. A good friend Lucky gave his life (and was brought back after) to ensure we were all able to come through. There is no going back other than walking across Kormyre. And as the one who had been tasked with the protection of those citizens for the past few moons, I will recommend against anyone's return to that foul place. Unless you wish to confront the shadow monster that has taken even the most strong of willed under it's control. Do as you must, Seth. However do not drag the people that I have sworn to protect into your suicidal desires.

[strike]Squi[/strike] Keladry Aybara

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
31 Mar 2019 23:25 #3 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
So, I'm about 70% sure we inadvertently rigged that gate to blow when it deactivated. Not sure, as I was sort of smoking at the time.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
31 Mar 2019 23:29 #4 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
[The message is worse than the last, some letters stretch too far. The hand looks shaky, the grammar and punctuation seem questionable at best.]

Are there any of your people that have a rune gate back yes or no?

Seth

[hr]

• Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
31 Mar 2019 23:35 #5 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
So... There's sort of this thing in the capitol that prevents normal teleportation, hence why we had to resort to putting together a dismantled gate of passage, powering it, and traveling the way we did.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
31 Mar 2019 23:35 - 31 Mar 2019 23:37 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
It sounds like you have a good emotional reason for wanting to try and get there immediately after learning of these events. I am sure your intentions are in a good place, but considering the war report I would like to remind you that venturing back there is probably just an invitation to be controlled by that Zaril'mask and put us all at risk here.

If however you would like assistance, I will assist in portaling you as close as is safe and possible, but only after you prove that you understand what you are asking.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 31 Mar 2019 23:37 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
31 Mar 2019 23:52 #7 by Seth (Kurteth)

Seth

[hr]

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
01 Apr 2019 00:25 - 01 Apr 2019 00:26 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
As a warning before you try to go through with this plan, hubris often ends more lives than it saves.

This comes from experience.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 00:26 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
01 Apr 2019 00:26 #9 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
Seth,

You do not know me, nor I you. My name is Ser Yvain de Liones and I come to Travance from the organization within Grimwyr known as the Knights of Kormyre. I was amongst the group which uncovered the information regarding Val'Ixtal Vai.

No matter the status of any of us having a rune, it wouldn't work. Balliol (or really, Enzarond, I presume) has locked down any ability to enter or leave imperial territory. If it had been so easy, the dozens who sacrificed themselves to allow our escape would still be here with us. We repaired a destroyed Gate of Passage in order to leave - one which I can only guess had been destroyed by Enzarond in an attempt to keep us trapped like caged mice - and took a vital piece with us as we escaped to ensure none could follow.

Regardless, returning there now would be worse than suicide. If I could go back for those I left behind, I would, in a heartbeat. If I could go back to challenge the vile men who have thrice executed my loved ones mere feet in front of me, I would, in a heartbeat. But it's not so simple. I implore you, whatever reason you have, do not go to Grimwyr. By now they will have finished the ritual to amass complete control over every sentient being within the territory. If you enter this territory, you will be a mere puppet, completely helpless to take action except at the command of Enzarond and his symbiote. It is imperative that when we return to Grimwyr - not if - we return with both the methods to undo this control and an army.

We made mistakes in our final acts of resistance. Good people died for our mistakes because some chose to act without thinking. Please, do not act alone. Do not throw your life away.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 Apr 2019 00:39 #10 by Seth (Kurteth)

Seth

[hr]

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
01 Apr 2019 00:45 #11 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
I'm not sure if you know this but before we all had to go on a suicide mission to the Gate, fix the Gate, jump through the Gate, and watch a lot of people die, the Duke and his entourage left. Like... in a cloud of smoke. Everyone. I'm not sure why you are trying to kill yourself but there's no one back there to save or confront at this point. Look to where the Duke went. Not where he was. And if you can figure out how to track literal smoke let me know.

-Kalypso

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
01 Apr 2019 00:49 #12 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
I will ignore your threat and assume you did not read my words.

Please understand. We took a piece of the Gate with us, rendering it nonoperational. I am no engineer, but I assume that means travel to that Gate is likely impossible.

Even if it were possible, whatever reason you have for going there will be null and void the moment you set foot in that territory. You will immediately be forced into doing Enzarond's bidding. Do not throw your mind away to him.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
01 Apr 2019 01:18 - 01 Apr 2019 01:19 #13 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
Seth,

Perhaps if you tell us what it is you seek there, one of us might have information for you, but I assure you that none of us have the power to open it, and as my knight has already stated, returning means suffering a fate worse than death. To set foot anywhere near Grimwyr is to surrender whatever reason you had for doing so. It will take control of you, and whatever you went there for will not matter to you anymore. It can even alter your memories. So I would thank you to keep your threats. We do not stand in your way. We simply do not have a way to give you besides a very long walk, and a forewarning of what awaits at the end of it.

-Adalynn Wells.

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 01:19 by Midori Suarez (krykit).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
01 Apr 2019 07:50 #14 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
Ah, so you have in fact gone off the deep end.
Well, I was excited to try some awful things but I don't think I can help those who probably can't even discern those who are helping versus those who aren't.

I guess I will find some other way to fill my time.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
01 Apr 2019 18:21 - 01 Apr 2019 18:25 #15 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Reopening the portal to Grimwyr
Hello Seth,

I understand you want to go quickly, but there are components that need to be found first.

We will need a large Kith stone. You get one of those, well, I cannot get you to the Wytchwood, but if you want to try and survive a ritual to devour your mind, might as well let you try and get you as close as we can.

I have this piece and I need to learn more about what my brother was doing here with the rest of the VIS-Exodus. I am not leaving yet.

Let me know.

[IMG

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 18:25 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds