Movement of War Effort into Althawine

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
01 Apr 2019 08:16 - 10 Apr 2019 16:04 #1 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Movement of War Effort into Althawine was created by Narcis (ChrisR)
According to this recent war report, teleportation and scrying, something some of us had interest in trying to perform, has been hindered but tracked to a tower in this settlement.

I am woefully not updated on the Kingdom and our allies current movement but suggest and wish to take part of a movement to this settlement to try and investigate it. I am experienced in a broad area of the occult as well as telemancy. If anyone else had plans regarding this tower, please point me to them.

I also lack knowledge of how deep into the Zaril'mask's territory this is but am willing to venture into danger to see this probably unique magic.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 10 Apr 2019 16:04 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
01 Apr 2019 13:11 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
There was a slight concern last evening about the fact that if there is a Resistance there, there is the possibility of a similar group for their side here. As one who was in Althawine recently, I would be willing to share information. But I would prefer not to in such a public place.

Khala Stormbringer

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
01 Apr 2019 13:24 - 01 Apr 2019 13:26 #3 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
I somewhat figured people would respond with tact and not just post direct plans here or information here that could not be found in public documentation that is available, such as the war reports.

So I will rephrase. I would like to talk to such people, including you Khala, at some point.

Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 13:26 by Narcis (ChrisR).
01 Apr 2019 13:30 #4 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
If these is one thing I have learned behind enemy lines, it is the fact that not everyone understands tact unless explicit instructions are stated. While I expected you to understand, it is also a thought that not everyone in the area seems to have considered.

That having been said, I will be around next Feast for those who wish to speak with me about my travels.

Khala Stormbringer

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
01 Apr 2019 14:35 #5 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
We've been trying to make it to Althawine since the war started. It already looks like it's going to take a long while.

Unless you have a better idea.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
01 Apr 2019 14:42 #6 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
I'm not concerned about prying eyes here. Post what you like, everyone needs to be informed.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
01 Apr 2019 14:48 #7 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Aleister told me to go ahead and post what I know here.

When I was in Althawine, they were fortifying it. They are very obviously setting it up to be their capitol if they cannot get their current goal of Loez. That having been said, I can show where the fortifications are and give what information I have. I also know exactly where in the city the tower with the device is. The Resistance that is based in Althawine has been trying to find a way to get to it with no luck. Even I could not find a way and I am very good at getting into places that are trying to keep me out.

As for getting there well, that was a very lengthy journey. It took me months to get that far in. It's going to take some strategy and hard work as well as a dedicated team to achieve the goal.

Khala Stormbringer

• Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
01 Apr 2019 14:59 #8 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
What does this device do? Cut off all means of supernatural transportation?
Khala, when you were in enemy territory, did you happen to notice which supernatural abilities you were and weren't able to use?

-Annora

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
01 Apr 2019 15:02 #9 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Movement of War Effort into Althawine
After reviewing a Map of Kormyre, the proximity of all these settlements and the information that you have begun to touch on Khala, I cannot say that I would have a surefire way to speed anything up. I'm curious to know what others ideas are and have my own as well as a question:

Given the development that this information from this war report is making it's way back to Gaaldron, there is a chance that we may be able to utilize telemancy to get there and head West from there. Of course, this is only really feasible if this information dissolves Gaaldron and the "Empire of Kormyre's" alliance. It would still be a lengthy journey. Coming West into Kormyre would be coming in from the lands surrounding the Chaos Wastes and that seems more dangerous though may be shorter? A better cartographer would have to look at that.

Though not directly related, I have a question for you Khala, if you were able to at all check on the chaos anchor in the Wytchwood. Considering how close it is to all of these things, I'm curious if it could be used to our advantage in some way.

Storyteller / Marshal
01 Apr 2019 15:33 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
I know for a fact that psionics were blocked in the area (at least any incoming were). I didn't notice any difference in any of my druidics or other supernatural abilities.

I did not think to check on the chaos anchor in the Witchwood and for that I apologize. By the time I got near Grimwyr and the Witchwood was about the time that everything happened regarding Baliol and Esstir. I didn't have much chance to really explore that area other than a brief visit near Lake Stillmire on my way to Althawine.

Khala Stormbringer

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds