A Letter to the People of Kormyre

02 Apr 2019 15:25 - 02 Apr 2019 18:52 #1 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
A Letter to the People of Kormyre was created by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
To the Citizens of the Empire of Kormyre, the Empire of Gaaldron, and to the Subjects of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

I write this letter to shed light on the crimes and misdeeds of Duke Edgar Balliol, and Lord Chancellor Enzarond Melentres. It is my hope that this letter finds its way into the hands of every person between Travance and Althwine, and I will attempt to make sure as many copies are made as possible. I ask that anyone who believes in the truth make copies and attempt to share.

I was until very recently a loyal soldier to Kormyre, and when the Duke declared plans for the Empire, I had some doubts, but served as was my duty. Those of title who have signed the Empire of Kormyre's Declaration of Rule, I hope did so of sound minds, and like those of us loyal to the Empire, you did so believing it was the right thing to do. To the Empire of Gaaldron, who allied with the Empire of Kormyre, I can now say I have fought against the honorable soldiers and warriors of Gaaldron and beside them and I have tremendous respect for their fierce skill. However I stand now as eyewitness, along with a number of other witnesses to crimes committed against the citizens of both Empires.

Lord Chancellor Enzarond Melentres is league with a demon from the abyss named Val’Ixtal Vai and member of the True Warlock council. Together Enzarond and Val'lxtal plan to perform a ritual to control the minds of all within the territory controlled by the Duke. Either some or all of the Empire may be under the control of Enzarond. If you live within the Empire and are still free of mind, know that those in power have intentions of spreading this ritual across their land. If you have the power to flee, do so. If you have the ability and inclination to stand against these people who wish to rob you of your free will, fight in whatever manner you are able to.

There were countless unknown citizens of the Empire that were enthralled by Enzarond and sent to fight to the death, attacking us until we were forced to slay them. Those we captured had a shadow spawn from within them and kill them before any hope of freeing them could be achieved. They claimed to be Kingdom soldiers to further fuel Enzaronds lies against the Kingdom of Kormyre. Enzarond is guilty of the murder of these potentially innocent individuals.

Duke Edgar Balliol is guilty of murdering Ser Tristram Liones, in front of many eye witnesses, executing him without trial, using the power of a true warlock to prevent him from being healed. He was ordered to do so by Enzarond.

Enzarond and his brother Magistar Mathias Melentres used a prisoner of the Kingdom of Kormyre as part of their ritual, promising that he would be freed for his aid, and instead he was murdered. Mathias was later slain during the escape from Grimwyr.

The following were also murdered by Val’Ixtal Vai as they attempted to escape from the town of Grimwyr:
General Golrak Hogtooth
Matilda Smith
Eldan Shadowtooth

The following were legally executed for treason by Duke Edgar Balliol, given the Duke's actions and guilt they deserve to be posthumously pardoned, and remembered as heroes who died fighting for the people of this nation:
Ser Urien de Morganne
Ser Morfydd de Morganne
Zachary Menton

Duke Edgar Balliol is a man without honor, a puppet of Enzarond Melentres, a man without morality. If you serve the Empire of Kormyre as I did you serve the ambitions of these people only. Ambitions that would see the people of Kormyre, All of Kormyre. Perhaps even Gaaldron brought to ruin. I implore all of those who find these ambitions reprehensible, and these crimes unforgivable to join the fight against these men. To free the people under their thrall. Regardless of what you believe in, or what loyalties you have. Whether you are of the Empire of Kormyre, the Empire of Gaaldron, the Church of the Blazing Sun, or any others who have joined forces with Duke Edgar Balliol. You are being lied to.

If knowing these crimes, you still choose to stand with the Empire, then the Gods have mercy on your soul. If you end up controlled by them, I pray that we can save you, and if not I swear at least, to make your end a quick one.

Campion O'Dell
Former Lieutenant of the Kormyrian Army
Cleric of Eodra
Sworn in Service to House Liones

Should any others wish to add formal charges to this letter, please feel free to, and I shall make sure they are included in future copies

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
Last edit: 02 Apr 2019 18:52 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Midori Suarez (krykit), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
02 Apr 2019 18:04 #2 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
Thank you so much for this, Campion. If there is anything I can do at anytime to aid you, please contact me.

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
02 Apr 2019 18:35 #3 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
Campion,

You know I will help you with making copies. Anything to help the cause.

Keladry Aybara

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
03 Apr 2019 10:06 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
Hjolda!

You have brought ill tidings indeed to Travance, but welcome news as well. We now know more of our foe's nature than we did before, though the cost is too dear as always.

Can you explain more of the nature of how Balliol and Enzarond have mistreated Gaaldronians? I am presently fighting a campaign against them north of Glangsdale and wonder if this news might halt fighting on this front, should it be spread.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Apr 2019 11:33 - 03 Apr 2019 11:48 #5 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
Sir Grimkjell Eirson,

I am Gaaldronian and I worked under General Hogtooth.
Duke Balliol and Lord Chancellor Enzarond sat down with us on the night before feast at our General's request. We had been unhappy with many things such as how only Gaaldronians are dying in a Kormyrian war. Lord Chancellor Enzarond had just smiled and nodded, agreeing while having this starry look on his face like he was daydreaming of being on a Costadori shoreline with a fancy drink. The Duke solved nothing in our meeting, he didn't even slightly tell us that he would solve the issues we were having. The next day we tried drills in an attempt so that Goblinoids and Humans could possibly get along. It was a total bust (granted many of us were not helping the cause). But Duke Balliol with the aid of Lord Chancellor Enzarond attempted to force my General to get on his knees before Duke Balliol, it caused many of us to lunge towards the Duke and almost slice him open, Ser Tristram put a stop to it instantly.
Lord Chancellor Enzarond told us about the land we would get if we were to win the war. Gaaldron would get everything on the east side of the rift including Travance. We did not see that as fair since the west side of the rift is considerably more land. They also made it sound like they just trying to make us go away.
They claimed we were a valued ally but letting us get food first at feast but many of their actions beyond that did not prove it.

(( OOG NOTE- Another piece of paper is tacked below it ))
Also, Lord Chancellor Enzarond intended on taking full control of Gaaldrons forces as well as the Kormyrian forces. The True Warlock that's with Lord Chancellor Enzarond had killed General Hogtooth and Eldan Shadowtooth.

[img

Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 11:48 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold). Reason: Added Stuff
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Apr 2019 11:53 #6 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Mirthak of House Nurodo and other Gaaldronians also went back to Gaaldron to speak with the High Council.
Pending on what they decide on, your campaign in Glangsdale might come to an end if Gaaldron stops fighting for the Duke.

[img

• Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
03 Apr 2019 18:06 - 03 Apr 2019 18:10 #7 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
~Not Ebony~

Rogarr Brightbane is a traitor to Gaaldron. Told the Duke of Ser Tristram bein a rebel right before he was stabbed. She vanished with the Duke, his guards, an the Chancellor in black smoke.

She was a Lieutenant at the time but I ain't calling her that anymore, she's got no honor an was basically supportin him makin us his slaves.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 18:10 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats).
04 Apr 2019 14:12 #8 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
I'm sure those of Gaaldron have their own issues with her, should I get the opportunity I intend to challenge Rogarr Brightbane to single combat, and give her the chance to go to Enax, dying with the honor she has currently forsaken. I would ask that if any of Gaaldron's forces are willing, they assist me in this challenge, both directly and indirectly.

If you are unwilling, I understand your fury and do not begrudge your desire to seek vengeance for the slights against you, and obviously should any of you see her on the battlefield before I get there, I would not expect you to hesitate to strike her down for her wrongs against us.

Campion O'Dell
Cleric of Eodra
Sworn in Service to House Liones

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
04 Apr 2019 16:24 - 04 Apr 2019 19:36 #9 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic A Letter to the People of Kormyre
I will assist in finding Rogarr Brightbane, if I can, in any way that I can.
My quarry have never escaped and I will make sure this one doesn't as well.
For who could learn what we learned and decide to continue to follow orders.
If Gaaldron does not inform us of a dissolved alliance I take my place as traitor proudfully.

For the Glory True Allies.

Enku

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 04 Apr 2019 19:36 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Midori Suarez (krykit), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds