Hello from the New Land of Albriar!

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
02 Apr 2019 17:18 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Hello from the New Land of Albriar! was created by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Dear Subjects of Travance,

If you are not already familiar with the changes Count Everest has made concerning kingdom structure, I suggest you familiarize yourself with what he has written. It has been posted here: www.knightrealms.com/forum/The-Dragons-C...nce-s-structure.html .

Last Feast, His Grace named me Lady of Albriar, and there have been a great many questions that I would like to take this opportunity to answer.

I will start off by formally announcing my squire, Reyna Del Dragon. Reyna has proven an excellent counterpoint to the way I do things, and I have high hopes for running Albriar with her assistance.

Where is Albriar?
This land is not new territory, but rather a reworking of the existing Baronial Estates in lieu of having a Baron. It encompasses Ilenvard, Valdalis Crossroads, Stonefall, and Sagewood as its main settlements.

Ilenvard? I've never heard of it.
Ilenvard was the original name of the city we have all been referring to as "The Proper". Over a decade ago, it was razed by Fallow, and its name fell out of use; we have rebuilt it into a major city within the last few years. The Proper now only refers to the ground upon which the monthly Baronial Feast takes place.

I live in one of these areas because I never wanted to vassal! Do I have to vassal now?
No. I respect that many of the settlements within Albriar were founded with certain principles of freedom and I do not want to infringe upon them. You are welcome to join in on social events and other activities run by the Court of Albriar if you'd like. You may request access to our post box to keep up with events. ((OOG: For forum access, request access to the Albriar group under the Community --> In- Game Groups menu, or send me a PM. For an invite to the OOG FB group or OOG group chat, message myself or Matt C. on FB.))

Wait, so does the Guard still report to you? What about the Inquisition?
No. They report solely to the Captain of the Guard and Magistrate respectively, who in turn serve Travance as a whole at the behest of the Count. I do realize that because of the nature of this change, many of the current Guard & Inquisition live in areas now considered Albriar. The same answer as above applies to them: they can vassal, or not, as they choose. They are also free to vassal to other lands.

Is there still a Barony?
Yes, in that Count Everest rules over more than one area and they are called baronies, but there is not a Baron of Travance or Baronial Court any longer.

Wait, the Baronial Officers went away? Arradir owes me money still!
The Exchequer now serves the Great Council, and still has access to those funds. You can still send him your invoices.[/i]

If you have any further questions, go ahead and ask me, or send me a letter about it.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Terzak (TheArchMage), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Ephrem (bamore62), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds