Harvest Pantry

07 Apr 2019 20:01 #1 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Harvest Pantry was created by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Hello Neighbors!

Using some of the coin I got from rat catching and donations from y'all, I'm getting something together to help feed our neighbors who don't have so much so they don't gotta put themselves in danger around feast time trying to put food on the table. I've been able to reach out through my congregation to a few priests who are going to help create rations for folk who come to pre-set spots we'll have figured by after this upcoming feast. They even offered to help me write this letter- this ain't even me writing this right now- the priest is writing the words I'm saying- ain't that funny-? Oh he's starting to give me a look. Back to what I was saying; if you see any common folk this feast who are down on their luck and scavenging to have enough to feed their family, and its got them putting themselves at risk over feasting days (which we all know is more dangerous then others) I'd appreciate it if you tell them about this Harvest Pantry we're getting up and running, so they can stay safe and no one needs to go hungry.

Anyway Thank You For Your Time, Gods Bless,
Tom Bell
Rat Catcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Terzak (TheArchMage), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
08 Apr 2019 00:27 #2 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Harvest Pantry
I know we talked about this a few weeks ago, but this is a good service you're providing, Tom.
I'll spread the word, and can help bring in supplies to make sure there's enough for all.
Where are you setting up, so what know where to point people in need?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
08 Apr 2019 01:35 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Harvest Pantry
Could I offer some of my bakery's more long-lasting goods? I'm not exactly talking fruitcakes. Not at this time of year, anyway. Would you care for some jams and marmalades?

--Chet

The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
08 Apr 2019 17:06 #4 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Harvest Pantry
Annora,

We plan to set up at the borders of the proper right before feasting days from around noon to five within outlying chapels, septs, monasteries and other sturdy structures that are central to as many out outlying villages as possible so folk can be back well before the caravans arrive. When I got more details I'll be sure to spread that around on the down-low so all yall know where to point folk but the nightbeasts what are literate cant try to swing by for easy eats.

Chet,

I'm sure folk would appreciate something to smear on the conjured goods and give it some (Mr. Bell just exclaimed Oomf. I am not certain how to record this). I'd appreciate any donations to give folk something slightly more substantial to chew on.

Thank you all,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 Apr 2019 18:04 #5 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Harvest Pantry
Tom Bell,

You certain may have the use of any of the mission houses, chapels, monasteries, and any religious houses of the Church of Light in Travance.

Yours,

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
08 Apr 2019 18:17 #6 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic Harvest Pantry
Tom,

I'll make sure to bring a wagon of food with me from Sagewood each feast weekend, simply let me know where to unload it at on my way into town.

It will mainly be apples, oranges, coffee, fish, duck and grain; the things we have excess of in Sagewood.

If you need specific other supplies let me know, I will try to procure them for you.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
08 Apr 2019 19:09 - 08 Apr 2019 19:10 #7 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Harvest Pantry
Father Ephrem,
Thank ye' so much for the safe space. Churches is far harder for vermin and nightbeasts to get at- PLUS (Mr. Bell said it very loud so I am capitalizing it for emphasis) now folk know where it is, come Sunday.

Mr. Revlis,
Most folk around here have not even ever had coffee or oranges so I'm pretty sure after I get people to trust it, it's gonna be a big hit.

Thanks Neighbors!
Tom Bell
Rat Catcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 08 Apr 2019 19:10 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
  • Byron Qua
  • My word is my bond.
  • Thank Yous: 70
09 Apr 2019 17:51 #8 by Byron Qua (byronqua)
Replied by Byron Qua (byronqua) on topic Harvest Pantry
The chefs of the Dragon's claw inn would love to contribute to your cause. Warm drink and a warmer hearth, free to all who need it.
Our only costs are your full stomachs.

On my honor,

Jericho Hǔ lì (Byron)
"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley."

Squire to Sir Odette D. Lucatiel
Private in the Kormyrian Army
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Midori Suarez (krykit)
  • Laric Goodall
  • F*ck your ocean. / Niceta meetcha!
  • Thank Yous: 18
11 Apr 2019 02:42 #9 by Laric Goodall (LaricG)
Replied by Laric Goodall (LaricG) on topic Harvest Pantry
You were so... kind, to offer me assistance in the writin of some sagas, so while I can't farm anythin I offer my own assistance in entertainin folks who need a lil cheerin and ferryin the charitable donations!!

Kindly,
Kin McK.

[ Laric Goodall / Kin Killulah ]
(OOG: Sam Pullen)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds