NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO

• Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
28 May 2019 13:00 #1 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO was created by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
One must always be drunk! By wheat or fortune, rye or victory one should find himself delirious, delighted, and stumbling from all life offers.

These are the words of Nade Amaro, of the Goreki family of Ma'khet, the patron father of taverns. I know much awaits you this extended feast, but if you intend to dawdle about the Inn Wednesday night, I invite you to join myself and Commodore Piper as we celebrate an early Noche De Avivamiento. Avivamiento is also known as Masquerade Day or The Parade of Faces. Every August we devise caricature costumes of our beloved primal spirits, and do their work to the utmost. Impersonators of the Drowned Prince perform acts of charity and disperse fresh fruits and clean water; billowing figures in death masks offer consolation and dig graves in tribute to the Ferryman; children of the Warrior Heart don their finest armor and offer to educate their neighbors in the art of combat. And so on and so on. It is our most bombastic and elaborate form of veneration to the Goreki, and the many other hundreds of Sacred Spirits that proliferate our city-states. Let us provide you with some small example now, and perhaps you shall join us later in the summer.

During this extended feast, where the wine flows sweet and rich, Commodore Owen Piper and myself give praise to Nade Amaro; the Flame of the Hearth, The Barman, Keeper of the Shifting Inn. It is Amaro that encourages our brotherhood. No one is to sit forlorn nor alone when the bar serves as his temple. None shall strike each other in anger, only sport. The bar becomes the port in the storm, a place of refuge and merriment.

Please, entreat my beloved with jests and songs and your happy company if you see him in his regalia.

It'll be hard to miss.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
28 May 2019 16:24 #2 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO
Why did no one tell me that there is a patron saint of bars?!??

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
28 May 2019 16:33 #3 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO
The Goreki family attend to, and represent, major cultural facets of Coast Haven.

Of course there is a god of bars.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
28 May 2019 17:05 #4 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO
I shall be attending this festival, please do convert me

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
28 May 2019 17:56 #5 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic NOCHE DE AVIVAMIENTO
The hell, my top NCO is Costadari, and she never once told me about a patron saint of bars and booze! I'm gonna have some stern words with Duchamp when I get back to old Port V.

But in the meantime, I'm more than happy to educate myself firsthand.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds