A long shot...

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
29 Jul 2019 21:43 - 29 Jul 2019 22:02 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
A long shot... was created by Seth (Kurteth)
Before anything, this is a hunch. This wouldn't be the usual case, but nothing about this war is.

We know that Lord Enzarond is a True Warlock. We know his Symbiote is named Val'Ixtal Vai. We also know that they can exist in separate locations, and if Troy and Aleander are any hint, the distance of their relationship can be immense.

Val'Ixtal Vai is unlike any Symbiote we have ever faced, which is why I have been ruminating on a few things I really hope aren't true.

I personally ran my sword through Enzarond. Countless times. I pierced his heart. I severed his spine. I struck him hard enough to separate bone. [strike]After spending so ma[/strike] [There seems to be more but it is crossed out heavily and is illegible]. Many of us did.

No man, elf, or race of Arawyn could survive after that attack. And yet he continued on. And yet he used his unending power to [Another smudge, deep grooves of a quill stroke.] It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. It was Val'Ixtal Vai sustaining him. Imbuing him with power, and keeping him standing, breathing, moving.

But the one thing I didn't expect, is the same could be said of Duke Balliol. Wielding the same power he was relentless. Paralyzing us, lifting us high in the air, flinging us like rocks. Taking over minds, enacting his unending will with merely a flick of his wrist. It's as if they were two of the same. It's as if they shared the same power. The exact same power. As if they got it from the same source.

There are only two possibilities. One, Enzarond is able to funnel his power given to him from Val'Ixtal Vai into Balliol, puppeting him while simultaneously using those power himself. A difficult feat, but if anyone could do it, it would be him.

The second, and far worse answer: Balliol is controlled by Val'Ixtal Vai itself. We already know that Val'Ixtal Vai can exist out side of its host, who is to say it cannot have a second? I understand no True Warlock has ever done this, but we have already said that by them merely being able to separate and rejoin at will. It seems all the more likely that this is the case. Balliol did not seem controlled by Enzarond, they stood as equals, if anything.

I am making this public to propose this second possibility be looked into. I admit I have been spending most of my time researching the ritual in which they controlled their armies, as have many of you. But will now slightly be diverting my attention to see if this is true.

I know this could be a fool's errand, but were it true, then we would need to kill all three at once for them truly to die, a harder feat than we originally had thought.

If any of you have any ideas or information regarding or disproving this, add below.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 22:02 by Seth (Kurteth).
29 Jul 2019 21:48 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic A long shot...
To add, there is a possibility that my old Knight's body is also being used and puppeted by the True Warlock as well. We have reason to suspect but no actual confirmation. If there is anyone that can help me search for information to confirm my suspicions, I would appreciate the assistance. Because IF that is true, that means he may be puppeting three instead of just two.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
29 Jul 2019 21:57 #3 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic A long shot...
As chilling a thought as this is, I have to agree with you Seth. I did not fight them as long as you did, but I did lay into them, and neither showed the slightest sign of lasting injury. In addition, neither of them seemed to make any great effort to protect themselves. Enzarond in particular made no effort at all to protect himself from my blows. It was as if he were struck, and then healing so fast it seemed he never was hurt.

The entire time I was present, Enzarond never commanded Balliol to do anything, and indeed the two of them seemed frequently to operate somewhat independently. On one occasion Enzarond froze me and several of my fellows in place. Balliol then, without any visible command from Enzarond, took control of our minds on his own and sent us after our allies. Such great abilities displayed by the Duke would seem to indicate that he has at least somewhat similar abilities to Enzarond.

The more I think on this, the more I remember what Sir Odette shared with us a few weeks ago. If there is a connection between the two pieces of information I cannot find one as yet, but every instinct tells me that the two are connected somehow. I hope my musings have been of some help.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
29 Jul 2019 22:07 #4 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic A long shot...
This information, and your musings, might be of greatest help.

Based on what Sir Odette has previously revealed to us, I don't suppose there are any of Travance who engaged Balliol in Alieander who were familiar with the Duke in times past to confirm if he was the same man, or even close enough in resemblance to be kin?

If not, once we can get back to Alieander, perhaps there are those in the army there who might be able to make a visual comparison?

Adding the fact that he does not look like the same man to this new information---that he evidences tremendous power---poses more questions than it answers.

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
29 Jul 2019 22:40 - 18 Dec 2019 13:18 #5 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic A long shot...
Seth,
Thank you for this information. It is as disturbing as it is intriguing. I will see if information about such feats is known or even hypothetically possible according to members of my House. Please let me know how best to assist you.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:18 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
29 Jul 2019 22:49 - 29 Jul 2019 22:51 #6 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic A long shot...
Thanks, all of you.

I will try and keep this board chain updated with any information I get on this.

As of right now this is all a bad feeling I have. I know this itch, and more often than not it has turned out to be right.

I had this feeling Enzarond was responsible for the King's death, and when I confronted him about it, he all but confirmed it. It was possibly Val'Ixtal Vai, perhaps even Duke Balliol. But it was made known it was their doing.

I had this feeling that Enzarond was replacing people he couldn't control. Forcing copies to believe they are who he says they are, forcing underlings to believe it too. Odette confirmed that was the case last moon.

And now, this.

As for your question, Amalthea, I am not sure.

All I can ask from anyone is that if they hear or come across anything remotely similar or pertaining to this, to report your findings here.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 22:51 by Seth (Kurteth).
29 Jul 2019 23:10 #7 by Joseph Siegel (Bengarion)
Replied by Joseph Siegel (Bengarion) on topic A long shot...
This might be a minor detail of confirmation, but when Enzarond had left the field for a time and Balliol was walking about "on his own" he was able to exert a mental control that defied all efforts of mystical or will to resist. I thought I had heard an ability of that ilk attached to Enzarond.

There is more, but it is not for me to say...for now.

Bengarion

RN: Joseph Siegel
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
29 Jul 2019 23:12 #8 by Seth (Kurteth)
Bengarion,

If there is more now is the time to say it. And if not you, then tell me who to look for regarding this.

Please.

This only helps confirm this theory and every shred of evidence is useful here.

Seth

[hr]

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
30 Jul 2019 00:30 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic A long shot...
Any and all information regarding the actions of Duke Balliol and Chancellor Enzarond Melentres is absolutely important to make known now, Bengarion.
Seth is right, there is no time more pertinent than this, when the Duke's first legion is at our doorstep. To hide any information would be doing your fellow subjects a great disservice. Without all the information we can collect, we cannot face this enemy with absolute certainty. Any information about what happened in the capital and surrounding times should be made known.

If anyone has any detail, no matter how small, in how the Duke or his chancellor acted, fought, or spoke, then do your part in aiding the kingdom by making it known here. Creatures like Val'Ixtal Vai pray on our secrets and lacking communication. Now is far from the time to withhold any detail.

Val'Ixtal Vai and the other council members are unlike any other Zar'Ilmask. With this in mind, nothing can be ruled out as a possibility of his powers.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
30 Jul 2019 00:34 #10 by Darius Goldmane ()
My knowledge of True Warlocks and their Symbiotes is second hand at best and lacking a great deal. If there's one thing I hate it's trying to put together a puzzle missing most of it's pieces. Is there anywhere I can look to learn more of them?

Darius Goldmane
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 2019 00:47 #11 by Seth (Kurteth)
The short of it is, True Warlocks are demons that make deals with willing mortals and they merge into one. The Mortal gets power, the Parasite gets a body within our plane, to enact their will.

Find a Witch Hunter in the proper and they will be able to fill you in further.

I would prefer this posting was reserved for information specifically about Enzarond, Val'Ixtal Vai, Balliol, or anything pertaining to them and their plans.

Seth

[hr]

• Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
30 Jul 2019 01:02 - 30 Jul 2019 01:03 #12 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic A long shot...
**NOT EBONY**

Aw dang. Missed a chance to stab that creepy old guy. Glad y'all spooked him tho.
Well when we was all in Grimwyr, the old guy was always whisperin in the Duke guy's ear. Always near him. When fightin my General in a sparrin match it seemed the Duke was tryin to force my General to kneel before him, we stopped him though by tryin ta stab him. Turned out the old guy was sayin weird stuff during that match that he didn't in the others, like it was him tryin to make him kneel.

Did any of y'all see a female Gaaldronian fightin on the enemy side? I have a few words I'd like ta say ta her an some holes ta add ta her anatomy.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Last edit: 30 Jul 2019 01:03 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats).
30 Jul 2019 07:16 #13 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
No, Lazgar. She was not there.

As far as differences, there was a slight difference in how he behaved. When we were in Grimwyr he still seemed to have some semblance of who he was. Enzarond whispered in his ear and when he did, he would do as Enzarond said, but he still seemed to have some... humanity. He was not fully cruel. He seemed to at least consider pardoning a friend of mine for suspected treason or at least trying to find out if he actually did it or not before Enzarond told him otherwise. When he [strike]killed[/strike] murdered Ser Tristram, he at least seemed reluctant to do it. As if it was hard to kill someone he had called a friend for so long. The Duke I fought that night... it was as if he didn't need Enzaronds whispers anymore. He told me that he did not want respect, he wanted obedience. He laughed at me over killing my Knight. There was no hesitation in what he did. He was definitely different than the Duke Baliol I knew in Grimwyr.

Squire Keladry Aybara

• Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
30 Jul 2019 07:20 #14 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic A long shot...
I’m not sure how important or obvious a detail this may be, but as a witness to these bouts, to You, Seth, driving your sword into the bastard’s heart, I did notice that they can feel pain, and that pain can cause them to falter.

Did it get easier to fight after you damaged Enzarond Seth? Did his enchantment holding you let up for a bit? When Sir Winks put a hole in the duke’s neck, it took him a moment to recover. There was a window to hurt him then, however brief.

It may be possible to debilitate them beyond the point of fighting. This is just an observation, but landing a blow almost seemed to render them vulnerable for just a split second. Perhaps it would be possible, in these split seconds of pain they show, to effect them with something such as a sleep spell, or even just a swift blow to the back of the head?

We may not be able to kill them without also killing the demon that sustains them, but I’d love to see what happens if we can debilitate both the hosts.

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
  • Chris D
  • Thank Yous: 63
30 Jul 2019 08:28 #15 by Chris D (Brogan)
Replied by Chris D (Brogan) on topic A long shot...
Enzarond was horrified when the 10th came through the portal and seemed to understand defeat was at hand. It was something he did not expect. His power broke at that moment and he ran. As for the "duke" when I touched him I felt peace. I saw a perfect world. It was not something I have witnessed before. I tried to purify his mind and he actively defended the attack over and over again. If he was a host it would not have mattered if I purified his mind. I feel that whatever or who ever he is he may not actually be in control of all of his actions at this point.

Cyan Bloodbane

oog- Chris D
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
30 Jul 2019 11:27 #16 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic A long shot...
((Message is tacked onto the board by a Winterdark messenger))

I will try. If I can't, just tell them what you can Bengarion, if he won't let me.

Balliol might be Va[strike]stop, you don't want to[/strike] ((lots of illegible scribbles)) Balliol IS V[strike]stop, come back[/strike]

Ok. I'll just try to explain what happened. I tried to talk to Balliol, I touched him. There was no pain, no memory of pain ever existed in my life ever, quiet, tranquil, serene, peaceful. No thousand swords slashing around me biting into my own skin, no emotions drowning my heart, nothing. I saw the battle, I felt NONE of it [strike]I want it back!!![/strike] So so peaceful, I couldn't stop holding onto him. [strike]I have to go back to him[/strike] Nothing compared to the desire to protect him and to stay with him so long as I touched him, even as I watched Travancians leave, Balliol holding my arm.

But then I heard Magnus's voice "Sebastien needs you!" in that instant I felt him and Mirrormere tugging against Balliol within. [strike]but he doesn't bring me peace or stop my pain[/strike] I found it within me to gate away from Balliol.

I can not... stop... wanting to go. It is like a tug on my very soul. I know it's wrong, I don't want to leave Travance, I don't want to leave his Grace, I would NEVER [strike]would for him[/strike]. WOULD NEVER LEAVE HIS GRACE'S SIDE! [strike]sure?[/strike] I can't approach the table where we wage war against him... can't act against him... he wants to take away something that matters to him. Please don't le....[strike]don't ask them, you don't want to[/strike]

He isn't Balliol... Balliol IS THE SY((lots of scribbles, obvious efforts to finish sentence but unable))

Help

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 88
30 Jul 2019 11:30 #17 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic A long shot...
Though I was not personally controlled by either threat, I witnessed two rather powerful townsmembers become controlled and then paraded away. Enzarond took one mind, walked around a bit more, then took another and walked away, his enslaved targets in tow. None were commanded to attack the small group of us, and Enzarond wasn't interested in controlling all of us. I am unsure what happened next, but his actions struck me as peculiar enough to consider posting here.

~Ergos Seledari

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 2019 11:34 - 30 Jul 2019 11:37 #18 by Seth (Kurteth)
If anyone knows the location of Angeliana, put her into comfortable confinement to the best of your ability. She is a danger to herself and others in this current state.

And if what she is suggesting or what I think she is trying to say is right;
If Balliol IS Val'Ixtal Vai, then...

I'll look more into it.

As for Ergos, Cyan, and Damien, these are all good to know, even if they seem contradictory. This puzzle keeps getting stranger and stranger...

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 30 Jul 2019 11:37 by Seth (Kurteth).
30 Jul 2019 11:45 #19 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
That makes no sense with the things I saw in Grimwyr. He wasn't... He seemed like he was resisting at some points. That he was still human deep down. Until Enzarond whispered in his ear. Unless the symbiote can transfer hosts? If that's the case, then what was the shadow monster I chased into the woods?

Squire Keladry Aybara

• Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
30 Jul 2019 12:15 #20 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic A long shot...
I will find her and make sure she is safe.

In Service,

Taylor Meise
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
30 Jul 2019 12:54 #21 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic A long shot...
To update you all, Sir Grashugel has brought Angeliana to me. She is safe and Mirrormere is extracting all the information she can and will finish severing the curse that the True Warlock infected her with. I will explain more tonight when it is done and she is resting.

Count Everest

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
30 Jul 2019 13:13 #22 by Darius Goldmane ()
I don't know nearly enough about these things, so anything I say now may be completely wrong, but based on the various reports I have at least a theory.

If a True Warlock is created by a pact between a person and a demon, then it stands to reason that both must work in unison to accomplish the full strength of their power. We have reports from Keladry that Balliol displayed remnants of his humanity, at least in the beginning, and that it was through the whisperings of Enzarond that he was being corrupted. We have more recent reports that the two now seem to be functioning as equals. But we have other reports stating that Enzarond seemed to still be showing signs of the concerns of a mortal, whereas Balliol has not.

What if the goal was to give Val'Ixtal Vai a permanent host completely under it's control? And not just a perfectly subjugated host, but one in a position of immense power within Kormyre. Enzarond may have been working to slowly subvert Balliol's free will, to drive him to the point where he no longer is a person, but instead just a meat suit (pardon the term) for Val'Ixtal Vai.

This would explain why Balliol protected himself from Cyan's attempts to purify his mind. If such attempts were successful, the symbiote would loose its total control over its new host. It would also explain why both Enzarond and Balliol were able to be hurt, and did not defend themselves against many physical attacks. I suspect that maintaining two different bodies simultaneously would be difficult for even a being with Val'Ixtal Vai's power.

I would greatly appreciate the input of one who knows more on these matters than I.

Darius Goldmane
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
30 Jul 2019 13:33 #23 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic A long shot...
I think you're thinking too small-scale here, Darius, we got a few other ingredients in the mix. Some assumptions/guesses of mine with recent revelations in mind:

1) Balliol is Val'Ixtal Vai (who I'm gonna just call VIV cause writing his name makes my hand cramp), and we got nothing left of the Duke besides his body.

2) Either Enzarond or Balliol or VIV has been replacing nobility in the Empire's territory with more pliable rulers, likely simulacra of their predecessors. Unclear if these individuals are directly infected with the symbiote or just general magic, but they are definitely acting in accordance with our unholy trinity's wishes.

3) Even if Enzarond is no longer the symbiote's primary host, he is still being controlled and empowered by it, as evinced by his coordination with Baliol, ability to brainwash our friends (no hard feelings, Reno), and generally slit us up a treat when we run into him on the battlefield.

4) If 2 and 3 are true, VIV either has the ability to exhibit a significant control over its thralls even when not necessarily physically present or focusing one hundred percent.

Bearing this in mind, we need to determine just what VIV needs to exist on its own---if we slot Baliol and Enzarond (which obviously needs to be done), the symbiote might continue to exist within one of its other, lesser thralls, and regroup within. Ideally we'd take out the Chancellor and the Duke at the same time but I'd rather that do more than temporarily deprive VIV of a host.

Seth, I know we haven't chatted much about this, but I'd like to take a look at that book of yours, next feast. This ain't my area of expertise by a long damned shot, but I owe it to a few good sailors to learn everything I can.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 2019 14:28 #24 by Seth (Kurteth)
Cobus, the book is always open to be researched into. Feel free to ask when you find me.

As for your and Darius' theories, I am afraid they are more likely true than not.

For now, we look for evidence and wait for the Count's response.

Seth

[hr]

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
31 Jul 2019 00:25 #25 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic A long shot...
I cannot tell you what has changed, but it seems apparent that something has. If the Duke had the ability to draw people to him through touch as is evident with Angeliana, he would have used it on Keladry's knight. A living knight under his control is much better than a corpse. We also know that whatever happened in Clystrin (?) was apparently the accidental fallout of a different ritual meant for a different purpose. Is it possible that that ritual was what has enhanced/changed the Duke in this manner? Either way, obviously touch is an issue with this person. Those who plan to fight him should keep that in mind. Taking him captive will be tricky at this point. And... personal feelings or no, I think we should at least try in order to find out what exactly has happened.

-Allyce

Allyce

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
31 Jul 2019 03:35 #26 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic A long shot...
I can expand on what Ergos was talking about in regarding to controlling townsmembers while walking on the field of battle.
The instructions that screamed in my head were to protect him. Not to fight Travance, but to protect him. The 10th came in and he vanished releasing us.

It seems being outnumbered will frighten even him with his power.

In service to the Queen,
-Caelvan Renaith
-March Warden of Selendrias

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
03 Aug 2019 19:54 #27 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic A long shot...
There's a lot of very good theories and suggestions here, ones we can start trying to confirm. I would caution because it is something I am guilty of, and I've seen a lot of people do in the past to try to avoid taking a very plausible theory and operating under it, because that's both dangerous and a good way to start steering oneself wrong.

For example we've said in this very missive that True Warlocks are demons, and it was said that they are a byproduct of a pact between a demon and a mortal, I've heard it said by people wiser than myself that True Warlocks are born in the abyss like demons but are a distinct creature from demons. Which might seem like a semantic point but if true one could read the above and start running around saying a simple case of demonic possession is a True Warlock and then you're fighting entirely the wrong enemy.

So just checking the things we know for sure are facts:
Enzarond is linked to VV
VIV is a True Warlock
VIV has the power to operate independently from Enzarond
Balliol is under Enzarond's control
Balliol and Enzarond are both tremendously powerful, difficult to kill, and capable of mind controlling pretty much anyone in ways that can neither be resisted nor cured using normal means
Balliol and Enzarond can be hurt, and did eventually put effort into defending themselves

In terms of theories
Seems really likely Enzarond is VIV's host, (I feel like that was confirmed but I can't remember if I've seen it confirmed so...)

I'm gonna go ahead and add my speculation that VIV and it's host can't die unless it and the host body are destroyed since these things usually work that way.

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Aug 2019 21:17 - 03 Aug 2019 21:27 #28 by Seth (Kurteth)
An addendum to your facts.

Balliol WAS under Enzarond's or VIV's control.

As of last moon Balliol operated with the same level of power and this time without having to be coerced or ordered.

This means either the person behind the reigns shifted, or Balliol finally gave into VIV's influence. Or maybe made a second pact or...something else.

Either way, that is theory, not fact.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 03 Aug 2019 21:27 by Seth (Kurteth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Aug 2019 07:54 #29 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic A long shot...
True Warlock marks Seth.

-Dirge

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Aug 2019 10:25 #30 by Seth (Kurteth)
Damnit.

I was so caught up, I missed something so obvious.

Based on what we saw Balliol wield, it's easy to assume the great amount of power and control needed to be funneled to a new host would take quite a while. Which lines up with him needing to be directly influenced before as compared to now.

Damnit.

Thanks Dirge.

Seth

[hr]

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.826 seconds