A long shot...

• Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
17 Aug 2019 08:55 - 17 Aug 2019 08:55 #1 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Angeliana in danger was created by Ephrem (bamore62)
To any who might be able to help,

Aside from the Blight emergency that seems to have reared its ugly head in our Barony, something happened that has put someone - and perhaps all of us - in danger. Mother Angeliana in her confrontation with the one who poses as Duke Baliol has been affected in some deleterious way. As some reading this might know, much of her affinity towards healing comes from the fact that she has empathic ability of great magnitude - such that she continuously struggles with empathically received pain. This Val’Ixtal Vai creature, though the actions of the Duke, has somehow placed a condition on her by which the pain that Angeliana constantly experiences is diminished the more she follows the word, approaches the presence, or does the will of Duke Balliol. This is dire for Angeliana - it could break her. This pains me to see her controlled in such a devious way.

We must help her, no only because of the strategic significance of having someone so dear to the Count being used in this precise, strategic strike; we must help because it is Angeliana. At least I know that I must.

Without revealing location, she is now under the care and guard of the Count. Any ideas, suggestions, and discussion on this horrid situation is welcomed. Since I have had some experience in exorcisms, I can tell that this is not a "possession" in the normal sense; nor does it seem to be a typical charm or control. I am not sure what this condition is or how it came about, but the source, Val’Ixtal Vai, is most certain.

Yours in the Light,

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Last edit: 17 Aug 2019 08:55 by Ephrem (bamore62).
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
17 Aug 2019 09:10 #2 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Angeliana in danger
Angeliana was not the only person afflicted by this creature from what I have read. Are the others also so inflicted?

Also- perhaps the library at Anoch would be able to shed light on this.

-Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth), Ephrem (bamore62)
17 Aug 2019 09:12 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Angeliana in danger
Right....as we say back home, you're all kin of Jock Tamsin (yes, the whole bleeding lot of you) and I know some of you have been helped by her. Now's the time to help her.

If Sir Tellinghast or a scholar of all things Draconic is gonna be there, please let me know. I have a research project for you. I could also use a scholar of my people's ancient ways, as I have another avenue that might be a long shot.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
17 Aug 2019 15:32 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Angeliana in danger
Allyce,
My mind was taken over by the True Warlock in the fight to protect him in his retreat. I harbor no such feelings that Ephrem is stating.

Feel free to pursue this Ephrem. I'll help the town deal with the Blight.

-Caelvan Renaith
Emerald Huntsman
March Warden to the Queen of Selendrias

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Aug 2019 15:37 - 17 Aug 2019 15:38 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic A long shot...
A messenger seemingly slipped by my guards delivering a letter from Angeliana to members of the clergy, requesting aid for her condition. For some time now after the battle in Alieander, I have carefully kept watch over Angeliana while, alongside Mirrormere, I have tended to her. Diligently we had worked and rest assured that this condition and the warlock's sway over her are no longer an issue. Angeliana is of clear mind and spirit, capable of acting on her own volition from this point on. My guards will keep watch on her for a few more days, but her affliction has been resolved. She will be tired and drained for a little while and Mirormere needed to use extreme measures in order for the removal process to be successful and so she may not remember much about the situation, so please do not inundate her with questions about it.

I know that you all are eagerly awaiting answers about what happened and what Mirrormere may have found out. For right now I have not the time to explain in writing but for those who wish for an explanation, I will make myself available at the upcoming feast to provide any details you may need.

Count Sebastian Everest,
Warden of Kormyre
Count of Winterdark

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 17 Aug 2019 15:38 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Angeliana (Angeliana), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
17 Aug 2019 19:02 #6 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A long shot...
Count Everest,
These are good and hopeful tidings you bring to us. If I speak for all, I at least speak for many in offering thanks to you along with Mirrormere for the care - and more so for the cure - of Angeliana.

May the Justice of Valos bring about an end to the injustice that this warlock has inflicted upon our noble Kingdom.
May the Hope of Andorra bring us more good news.

Yours in the Light,

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Aug 2019 19:12 #7 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A long shot...
Angel,
You were there. She taught us Herself that if we cannot handle something alone, the burden should be shared. If your goblet is low, we will fill it.

~Nalick DeMarche

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds