Dealing with a Demon

• Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
27 Aug 2019 23:46 - 28 Aug 2019 00:32 #1 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Dealing with a Demon was created by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Alright.

We have one (1) demon...trickster...thing active out there. Regardless of the circumstances of how it came to be, we're going to have to take it into account for future ops planning. We can't afford to be distracted from the war effort, but if that thing gets us flat-footed, a lot of good soldiers, sailors and sky flotilla crewers are going to die. And I'll be utterly honest, even if we prep as best we can, casualties are still going to be bad. We're not trained for this sort of thing.

But we'll do our duty, all the same. With that in mind, I've spoken to a few of my fellow officers and [strike]NCOs[/strike] enlisted leaders in the Fleet and the Army. The following might come in handy for those of you with command authority:

1) Plus up your ranged capabilities, particularly the heavies. Cannons (with explosive shot) and scorpions are best, but crossbows, archers, and rifles will definitely do as well. Have battlemages nearby ready to throw up sanctuaries to protect them. If we can sort the damned thing out before it gets close enough to...use whatever powers it has, that's our best bet.

2) Stay in sionic contact with each other. If that thing hits you, make sure everyone else in the [strike]AO[/strike] area of operations knows what's going on. If you see it flying off in the direction of a friendly force, for the Gods' sake let them know. A minute or two of warning can make all the difference, yeah?

3) If you got druidic powers, if you got magical abilities connected to Arawyn, please keep us in the loop (with as few syllables as you can) on top of coordinating amongst yourselves. You have an understanding of this thing that grunts like us can barely comprehend. That knowledge might very well be what keeps us alive.

If anyone has any additional recommendations, heard rumors of where the beast's at, or what-have-you, throw 'em up below. I'll be in the Proper for another couple days before I head down to [strike]old Port V[/strike] Port Valandria to ship out. Come find me if you want to talk about this.

Keep your blades sharp and your powder dry, friends.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 00:32 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.). Reason: ((IGly, de-Cobus-ifying the acronyms)
28 Aug 2019 00:19 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Dealing with a Demon
I am already in works with various people on this project. Once I have more information it will be shared with all. This is my fault and I will be doing everything in my power to get rid of this thing.

-Khala

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Aug 2019 00:29 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Dealing with a Demon
Mate, there's more than a few abbreviations in here--and ones I don't really understand at that. Could you let us know what it all means? I figure Port V is Valandra down in Dregamire, at the very least.

-Chet

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
28 Aug 2019 00:33 #4 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Dealing with a Demon
Fixed it up for you, Chet. Let me know if I need to sort out any more jargon. Kind of in that mindset right now. Apologies.

Cheers.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
28 Aug 2019 00:35 #5 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Also to add, the beast is currently dormant. That's not to say don't be wary. I will be doing my best to commune with Trickster when I can and hopefully they will be able to let me know if it becomes active. Again, I will keep everyone informed with whatever information I can find.

-Khala

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
28 Aug 2019 01:46 #6 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Dealing with a Demon
Khala

I dont pretend to understand everything that went on with this but if this being was "born" by using some of the Trickster's essence, shouldn't we be able to track it by connecting with that same essence? Most things in this world, I have found, are connected.

-Mae Fang

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
28 Aug 2019 02:48 #7 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Dealing with a Demon
THIS DECEIVER,

critters born of tricksters meat. what could wound the trickster? stands to reason rats born of the same straw are laid low by the same stone.

dictated but not read,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
28 Aug 2019 07:11 #8 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Here is the thing. I know it was created by using Trickster's power, but I don't know how much of that power is still connected to it or if it is going entirely off it's own now. All that I do know about it is that it is an Aspect of the Abyssal Plane according to what was told to me afterwards by Trickster. For all we know, it's not even still on this plane right now. There is literally no way to tell right now which is what I am looking into and trying to figure out. I'm not going to have answers in a couple days. And if others want to research as well it would be appreciated. But this is something that SHOULD NOT exist and I am going to make sure that it does not exist in the future.,

-Khala

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Aug 2019 17:16 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Dealing with a Demon
I'm not gonna knock ya for working so hard you can't get your vocabulary out of a certain sense, Cobus. Wouldn't be right for a Hardwick to do to someone, yeah?

-Chet

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds