Seeking correspondence

13 Nov 2019 19:57 #1 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Seeking correspondence was created by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
I am seeking correspondence from members, but especially any spiritually inclined members of House Liones. I seek to understand more on how worship in Kormyre across the rift is done. Please send personal missives, or seek me out at the next feast.

-Father Donald MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
14 Nov 2019 22:40 #2 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Seeking correspondence
Chroniclerite, and member of House Liones here.
There really isn't much of a difference between religion here, and on the other side of the Rift. The only real difference I've noticed comes from all of the angels, devils, gargoyles, and actual real life gods and demigods walking around this side of the rift, like someone owes the 15 gold, and they're looking to collect! Seriously, you all are terrifying over here.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
15 Nov 2019 10:58 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Seeking correspondence
Lucky,

I suppose you see why the dispensation was made and is so important now. Do you have Clergy who might be willing to speak with a Hibernian priest of Valos?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Nov 2019 11:14 - 20 Nov 2019 11:14 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Seeking correspondence
Lucky,

Some would say it builds character merely living in a place so terrifying, but that requires reflection and learning. Still, you are correct. Alleander pews felt no different than sitting on a tavern bench across the table from Father Ephrem.

~Nalick DeMarche

Last edit: 20 Nov 2019 11:14 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
20 Nov 2019 21:22 #5 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Nalick,

Pews are a miniscule amount of what a church and its doctrines are about. I know very little about things in Kormyre, Coast Haven, or most other places, and would like to talk and learn. Currently, all I know is that if I told most Sassenachs that I was bodyguard to Andorra herself by order of a Templar (Aldric, in case anyone wants to ask), they'd be apt to clap me in irons and toss me somewhere dark and cold for being a nutter. Got tossed arse over teakettle for my trouble too. Also got hissed at by Aguara for wishing her a nice day. Don't think she likes me much. But I'm digressing , I think. I'm just looking to see if there's clergy willing to talk out of one of the newer households to become denizens of this town.

I await patiently and with an open hand.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
22 Nov 2019 21:59 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Seeking correspondence
Most of my kinsmen would look estrange if you told them you were told to guard my Goddess, yes. In fact, I would as well, wondering why She would need guarding. Nevertheless, I am thankful you stood ready to defend Her.

Thank you for wishing Agaura some pleasantness. It is something she seems least offered and surprises me not she took it strangely.

~Nalick DeMarche

The following user(s) said Thank You: Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
23 Nov 2019 12:52 #7 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic Seeking correspondence
I am a bannerman of House Liones, and a Cleric of Eodra, and I'm happy to share with a fellow HIbernian.

So far the biggest thing I've seen is most of you all have had occasion to walk with the gods, and speak of it with a casual air. Sometimes Travance seems to want to invoke them for direct intervention for major issues, like specifically wish their avatars to appear. In the rest of Kormyre we viewed the miracles we can perform via the power granted by our faith to be that intervention, and don't think to ask them to appear.

The other thing is my clan sees value in all of the gods of Eodra, each one has an aspect that is part of every day life. Most of the common folk pray to and make offerings to each of the gods in turn depending on what they hope for. Obviously there are priests who dedicate themselves to one aspect over the others, but I've encountered people in Travance who seem confused by the idea of worshiping all of the gods, like you have to pick one, or a few and once you've picked them, you gotta ignore the rest. Like followers of Aguara gotta deny themselves love, or followers of Andorra can't abide suffering or anyone who suffers. It's not nearly as bad as those Blazing Suns, of course. You haven't started slaughtering your way through anyone who disagrees, but it is kind of weird to see people act like there is no value in the respect Enax teaches, or the indulgence Glomm teaches.

Campion O'Dell,
Bannerman of House Liones, and Cleric of Eodra

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
23 Nov 2019 18:49 #8 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Brother O'Dell,

If by willing the gods to appear you are referring to Necrophitus deciding to declare himself Grandmaster of the Rancid Bacon I tend to call "Extenuating Circumstances." A Ei...edo...Eideticlick that threatens both the gods and the material plane calls for all blades in the schiltron just a wee bit.

Ofttimes, as a Priest of Valos, I get associated with such behavior you describe. I am not that breed of clergy. I am Valosian, but his notion of Justice tends to be where I am called, with War as a close second.

We should be learning from one another.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.539 seconds