An apprentice seeking guidance

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
21 Nov 2019 17:57 - 21 Nov 2019 17:57 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
An apprentice seeking guidance was created by Aleister (Aleister)
Good Evening Adventurers, Nobles, and Heroes,

My name is Elisin Filadrii Vey'Requilius, though more informally you may call me Wrekk. I introduce myself with the purpose of finding guidance in my journey. I have recently been released from my duty as a personal guard to my former employer and spent many months travelling here to this barony. Stories tell of its danger and incredible powers, and so I had hoped it would be a worthwhile training ground of sorts for my next step in life. In the short time I have been here, I could not have dreamed for this to be more correct. So I have chosen to continue my stay here and hone my skills.

In this, I seek help. I have learned all I could in my time working for my former master, but remain directionless in my next step. I hope to become more adept with my training and the spirits of marshal skills, but I know not who to look toward. I can pay for training and lessons where necessary. I appreciate any direction or help offered.

Stars of the Hearth warm you,
Wrekk

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 21 Nov 2019 17:57 by Aleister (Aleister).
21 Nov 2019 18:02 #2 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
My friend,

In Travance there are an abundance of individuals who can teach you anything you may wish to know. If your interests lie in martial skills I would be more than happy to assist however I can, and if not I would be more than happy to point you towards someone who could teach you better than I. When next you are in the proper, look for me and I will happily give you whatever teaching or advice I can.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
21 Nov 2019 21:07 #3 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Do you have any particular skills you are looking for? I would be more than happy to help you advance in skills if you wish. We met briefly last moon while I was sitting at the war table, but you can look for the dragon armor and large red and gold shield with the lion crest if that is easier. Most of my skills tend to lean towards protecting others if that interests you.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
21 Nov 2019 22:34 - 21 Nov 2019 22:34 #4 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Good Squire, Sargeant,

I am ever grateful for your offers, but first I must admit, I simply do not know what where direction takes me. And so my desires are a bit more nebulous. Part of seeking is learning what is best and taking advice, which I feel is my first task. So I would first like to seek counsel from those considered masters of the martial artes. I apologize for my lacking clarity with my initial notice. Thank you again for your offers!

Stars of the Hearth warm you,
Wrekk

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 21 Nov 2019 22:34 by Aleister (Aleister).
21 Nov 2019 23:24 #5 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Wrekk,

I completely understand that. When I first came to Travance I didn't even realize that the abilities I had were because of being a Dragoon. But I've learned a lot since coming here and have increased my skills. Perhaps next time we are both in town we can sit and talk? If there is one thing I've learned about Travance it's that there are many paths you can take here. It's just a matter of finding what's right for you.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
22 Nov 2019 12:15 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Wrekk,

The first step down this path is to look inside yourself. All wars are pushing matches, to wear down the will of one belligerent or another till one surrenders. That said, the most important part of any warrior is his will to resist, and keep looking for methods to resist. To give in to fear before battle is joined is another fatal issue, so any who seek to lead eventually should cultivate an air of fearlessness, to inspire fearlessness in others.

-Father Donald MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
22 Nov 2019 12:38 #7 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Mastery comes in various ways. However is of my philosophy one does not proclaim themselves a master however are regarded as one, respected as one, and treated as one by their adversaries. If simple martial instruction is what you seek then you seek various forms of combat. Study them in their respective rights and begin your journey to self mastery for your own martial form.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Nov 2019 12:34 #8 by Aleister (Aleister)
Good Father, Squire Aiki,

I value deeply your advice here. Martial skill comes in time for any person who trains. It is the philosophy of martial training that I seek to learn. My career has been that of a personal guard for many years and while it is a life that I enjoy, I know that it will not lead me to having a wider understanding of what I can be capable of. So guidance in philosophy is a vital piece I need to further myself, which sadly, is not something I have a great deal of experience in nor can accomplish on my own.

Stars of Battle guide us,
Wrekk

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
23 Nov 2019 22:30 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Whether intended or not, learning of one philosophy from someone who believes another, will result in biased teachings. If philosophy is your desired goal, learn from as many as are willing to teach. Though I will ask, philosophy regarding what, exactly?

~Nalick DeMarche

24 Nov 2019 15:49 #10 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
Wrekk,

Ask yourself:

Why do I fight?
Do you hate what is in front of you, or do you love what is behind you?

What is the goal you wish to achieve of your martial prowess?

How should a warrior conduct himself around non warriors?

What is permitted in battle? What is not?

These will illuminate your way.

-Father Donald MacFhionnlaigh.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
25 Nov 2019 01:24 - 25 Nov 2019 01:27 #11 by Aleister (Aleister)
Mr. DeMarche,

It is the philosophies of combat. In my initial studies, I had trained under the fundamental principal that if one is capable and able, one must do what is within their power to help others. A very practical moral code for one who has worked in martial fields such as that of personal guards. To fight is to take up arms for cause. Cause must be just or it is not a fight, but murder. This was the lesson imparted to me by my first star, Eldrithess.

Bias is very important, in this instance. As it is the passion for one's own teachings that I seek to influence my own. In a place so full of outstanding and talented heroes, I would welcome the opinions and philosophies that challenge mine.

Good Father MacFhionnlaigh,

I fight, at current, for no extended cause. When asked, I will lend my arms when needed if the purpose is justified. To put to rest a tormented soul, retrieve stolen goods, guard those who cannot take up arms themselves. But it is also a job. I will fight for the one who pays, but not if the purpose is of foul intent.

I would never hate who stands before me. Anyone who would take up arms, even a killer with a corrupt moral compass, deserves my sorrow for their failings. Whatever drives someone to wield a weapon, is a powerful force, and deserves to be acknowledged.

An art is never perfect, is it not? For the perfect art cannot be improved upon, and nothing beyond it will ever be as great. My goal is to achieve a new, higher state of imperfection.

A warrior conducts themself the same in all regard, I believe. One who brandishes a weapon or one who does not has a life, a family, a reason. Treat all others as if they too seek to put a sword away, but treat those who seek to fight as if they have every justified reason to win as you do.

In battle, by the wisdom of the star, Vilenthar, teaches that any tactic used by the enemy is fair play to be used against them. If an enemy plays a trick, they will accept it as a justified and equal play to receive such a tactic.

I hope these answers are insightful and appreciate any conflicting or divergent beliefs for discussion.

Stars of Battle guide us,
Wrekk

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 25 Nov 2019 01:27 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
06 Dec 2019 14:47 #12 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
If you need a sparing partner come find me

Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
11 Dec 2019 23:08 #13 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic An apprentice seeking guidance
OH HEY NAYBOR WE MET ONCE- I WAS THE FELLA WHAT WAS COVERED IN BLOOD AN DIRT!

THIS PLAC IS MAED O DANGER LIKE SOM KINDA DANGER GOLEM WHOS NAME WOULD BE LIKE SOMETHIN LIKE LANCE-STEEL "DANGER" BLADEMOON-! IFN YALL LOOKIN TAH FIGHT VERMIN IN A LONGER LASTIN CAPACITY I CAN TEACH YAH HOW TAH SKUTTLE!

YER NAYBOR
RATCATCHER GENERAL
TOM BELL

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds