Kit swap for Bastion's Wake

• Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
22 Nov 2019 20:44 - 22 Nov 2019 20:44 #1 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Kit swap for Bastion's Wake was created by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Won't waste your time with dramatics---this is the big one, we all know that. We all want to be as ready as we can, so with that in mind, anybody down in Port V and have the access to the following? Willing to work out drug deals for training turf/ammo/good rations/anything else you might want in trade.
  • Priming caps and black powder. Quartermasters are being bloody stingy as always.
  • Amon'zad alchemy sticks, our last ration issue were the crappy Londwyn brands and there's rumblings in the ranks. I don't blame 'em.
  • Spare daggers and knives. Can't go wrong with those.
  • Waterproofed parchment. Via alchemy or magic, either one works and is a bloody godsend.
  • Good field rations. Quinarian ones in particular are in high demand. Willing to trade anything short of Kormyrian fillet in exchange.
  • Spare pouches and weapons frogs. Self-explanatory.
  • Good liquor rations. Kormyrian beer does us fine, but variety's the spice of life. Willing to personally pay gold for anyone who can source green chartreuse; my own bottle went dry months ago.

Anyone's got anything else they want or need to trade, any pre-battle good luck rituals they need to complete with comrades, post 'em up in here and we'll see if we can't cross paths.

For my part, I'll be splitting my time between the ranges, training areas, and the Sailor's Rest in Port V. Anybody wants to practice joint ops or split a beer, I'm here. And if you got any of that kit you want to swap, well hell. I'll put you in for a sodding Kormyrian Commendation award. Downgraded to a hearty handshake and staff duty on a Friday night, but hey, that's soldiering for you.

If I don't see you, stay safe, prep well. I'll catch you downrange at Bastion's Wake.

Keep your blades sharp and powder dry. And magic...magic-y.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
Last edit: 22 Nov 2019 20:44 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.).
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
22 Nov 2019 21:55 #2 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Cobus,

I am currently stationed in Fort FrostLore, sweeping up stray demons and making sure the fort gets fixed up for Kormyrian use. However I have a large supply of standard arquebus, priming caps, and black powder in storage in Sagewood - I will see if one of my aides there can send a shipment to you, or have my people bring along what extras they can carry when they move to the main battlefield.

Stay Safe,

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Cobus Puren
22 Nov 2019 22:23 #3 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Sir Wrenton (Sir Revilis?) you're a blood saint. My senior enlisted man Dan Moran'll be standing by to receive your shipment. Fancy good rats, good booze, or good kit of your own in return? Least we can do is return the favor, eh?

Cobus Puren

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
22 Nov 2019 22:26 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
There's better ways of sending letter by sea

--Chet

• Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
25 Nov 2019 20:44 #5 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Cobus,

No need to send me any goods., buy me a drink at the Blackbird when the war is over and we're all safely home and I'll consider that more than enough thanks.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
26 Nov 2019 08:03 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Cobus,
You know a distiller that is capable of making Hibernian Whisky. Get me the produce and herbs, and I will see about making it for you.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
26 Nov 2019 14:49 #7 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
((NOT ANGELIANA))

Stingy aye? Maybe ye nay be tryin' th'right one mate? Granted I nay be steppin' foot on blasted cursed lands in a while tis' be true. But if we be talkin' Aleister's war be needin' all this here shite, I'll dock me warship o'his navy; The Crimson Trident on t'morrow. Was nearby aye? Be havin' all ye be askin'. D be runnin' a ship'n'brotel bar in Stonefall aye? Treasures below D Deck, if ye've never had th'pleasure o'visitin' do stop by before this here war. D'll send Strawberry a parchment, she be takin' reeeeal good care of ye mate, might be yer last ye never know...

Right, supplies aye? Meet D at the docks 11 bells at night. I be havin' preference to th'night savvy? Come at yer own risk. D might be a Captain o'th'Navy, but a monster I be through and through mate, no mistakin' that.

Ye'll know when I'm there. Caaaan't wait.

~D

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
04 Dec 2019 23:17 #8 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Alright people, a little over a week and a half till we step off. Ran into a few Sky Flotilla aircrew out here, and when that lot sees fit to sully their boots like the rest of us you know things are getting serious. They're pampered and then some, but they're generous, I'll give them that---managed to work out a few solid deals, but if anyone's got anything else to spare or needs anything, we may be able to hook you up.

Also, if anyone's heard any scuttlebutt about what happened to the Old Man and the rest of the 23rd's cut-off units, I'll bloody well pay you at this point. Keep hearing that the Stormblades' Sarn't Major personally took the field with a section of their best and butchered a ton of them, but there's no way they took out the entire headquarters element.

Now, for those of who you've replied----

D - Um. No disrespect but if you're going to couch your offer like that, we'll be showing up in platoon strength, if it's all the same to you. And then some. Appreciate the offer, I suppose?

Sir Wrenton - You're still a saint, that drink's on me and then some.

Nalick - It's not for letters, bru. If you're trying to write down notes during a briefing or draw something out on a map and it's raining, it's going to be a right pain getting what you're scribbling to stick. Goes double if you're in trenches. Learned that the hard way at Tavrick.

Father Mac- Will keep you posted, but unlikely to happen. Sorry, appreciate the offer though.

Cobus Puren

05 Dec 2019 12:14 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Kit swap for Bastion's Wake
Either way.....I might have some Sacramental whisky to save a few souls at the feast. drop in.

-Father Donald MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds