Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass

04 Dec 2019 08:24 - 04 Dec 2019 18:43 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
While there will be a post about a joint mass/meditation in the near future for Friday evening of the feast, I wanted to extend the offer that anyone who feels they may want to talk beforehand, between now and feast, may reach out to me.

I am always up for a conversation, or some other way you want to lift weight from your spirit. It is important to feel a bit lighter when everything is trying to wear you down.

The upcoming battles will be some of our worse yet. We have many innocents, opportunists, and monsters of all kinds to sort through. The variety of battlefields involved just means we all have a chance to work.

Finally, we most likely face the Maw soon. Tensions are high. My belief is that when we defeat this monstrosity, we can save what is within (oblivion is expected because it has never had a chance to be defeated after all.)

I had a couple of individuals ask me about wills as well. While it has been years since anyone has asked, this used to be a task I helped with and cared for. If you want assistance preparing one or a safe place to keep it, please let me know. As an assistant of Galladel and Chronicler, it would be an honor.

Be Well Everyone,
Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 04 Dec 2019 18:43 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Ephrem (bamore62), Garrett R (Amhrán)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Dec 2019 12:18 - 04 Dec 2019 12:22 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
*Not Caelvan*
Forgive me for tacking mine under yours Ilana, however I would like to offer my services as well.
Ilana has definitely put it more eloquent than I could. However, I can help you and/or your loved ones cope with what may, or what does happen as well, if desired.
It is a part of my duties to help those who are acquainted with Death. So I offer my services with Ilana for those who can not find her.

In service,
Gal’Azin Merikh Tazam

- - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 04 Dec 2019 12:22 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garrett R (Amhrán)
04 Dec 2019 14:54 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
I am not a Galladelian or Galmachian. I'm just an ear to listen, and lend a hand. If you can't make the big mass, or find one of these two-Light Dark Neutral or Unsure,-I'll offer one in a more Hibernian tradition later. I am especially adept with the problems of the fighting man's life.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garrett R (Amhrán)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
04 Dec 2019 15:06 #4 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
I may take you up on that offer Ilana.

-Ser Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
04 Dec 2019 15:57 #5 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Ilana is correct. I will be making a posting shortly about a guided meditation, All Faith's Mass, and mass woading ceremony for Friday night (*shortly after layon*). Details will follow soon but I've been authoring a short service for individuals to participate in so that they may walk into the fight against the Maw and against the Duke's forces with lessened internal strife. This isn't to say that the situation isn't serious or dire, it is, but we need a clear head to defeat these enemies.

Please reach out if you have questions.
In truth and trust,
Ravyn

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
04 Dec 2019 19:57 #6 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
So who do we send the will to?

I'll just leave it here.

In the case of my death, all my belongings and gold go to Ergos.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
04 Dec 2019 21:08 #7 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Ilana,

I would like to speak before this coming feast. Please.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Dec 2019 21:47 #8 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Has anyone alerted Victor as our Baronial Clerk that he should expect all of these wills?

~Nalick

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
06 Dec 2019 13:59 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
I encourage all to do this, the maw does not kill it OBLITERATES, you will not meat your God, and it will end even the immortal.

I highly recommend a will.

Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 Dec 2019 05:12 #10 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Lady Ilana,

Should the end come, anything I own will go to to Darkwood Academy.

-Mae

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
07 Dec 2019 17:50 #11 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
All that I own shall be divided and given as relief for the common folk to reestablish themselves after this war. Please send missive to my mother in Khitan or find my brother Buu and tell them not how I fell but how I lived. Thank You.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
07 Dec 2019 20:13 #12 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Sincerely to you all,

Do as you wish but.
What you do here is invoke the idea of death, you are accepting the possibility you may fail and therefore giving it power.
A Will, a will is meant for those not long for this world.
A Will is for those who fear the repercussions of their death.
Your Gods may help you here. However they are not the ones fighting this thing, it is you, it is us.
Don't hold them dear here. If you are to believe in anything, absolutely anything at all, believe in yourself.
We choose to believe in nothing, rather we insist.
What we insist here is that, If you believe you may die, then you are already dead.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), O. Nesterin (kuemanner), Julia Marcain (Nonya_Business)
07 Dec 2019 22:58 #13 by Alysaine A.T.I.P.L.N. Hobert (Miriam144)
Replied by Alysaine A.T.I.P.L.N. Hobert (Miriam144) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Moostrav you're a fool to say such. Everyone should have a will regardless. There is no telling when or how we will leave this world. Accepting death as a constant possibility is simply the reality we exist in, and even Professor Algrave at his most powerful could not change that. Prepare for the worst, but plan for the best. Write a will.

Alysaine Ahava Theodora Indus Pearl Levi Naan Hobert, Physician by way of the Arkinariam Brakar

OOG: Miriam Liba Gross
08 Dec 2019 19:34 #14 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Alysaine,
You speak of the professor as prophetic?
Yet we hear you speak against his teachings.

Understand this,
We do not perceive this "worst" you speak up, it does not exist. We are, have, and will become a constant. An infectious idea to outlive even the likes of the immortal. If you will be you are, and we are. We do not blindly follow the Algraves' teachings but apply them to our own truths, and in this, we have found how to truly exist.

One must be willing to believe in nothing when they wish to act careless,
Yet at the same time believe that a single word can change the world when it is your will.

For something to truly be alive one must become their own Arbiter,
You must be the absolute authority on your truths,
Less your truth not be your own

You call us a fool. You flaunt yourself over our will, our truth, and dare give the opposition power. You are the fool. If you truly believe yourself to be correct, no be alive; fight us.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
08 Dec 2019 19:49 #15 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Moostrov,

All eight of you
Are a waste of space here.
Just stop.
No one cares.
Just let people write their wills.

Nikolai Malagan

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
08 Dec 2019 20:01 #16 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Niko,

Eh fine cousin,
Your poems are always so nice,
We'll stop here,
But only for you.
Guess this is what we get for caring this one time. Hahahaha!

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
08 Dec 2019 20:18 #17 by Alysaine A.T.I.P.L.N. Hobert (Miriam144)
Replied by Alysaine A.T.I.P.L.N. Hobert (Miriam144) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
For once, I almost agree with Nikolai. We may not perceive our possible obliviation, but the Maw certainly does. Our reality and its reality clash, and quite frankly I'd put the strength of the Maw of maybe two dozen half trained Archons, however much confidence I have in my own mental capabilities.

I've no idea where you got the ideaI think the Professor is prophetic. While I hold him in high esteem, I in fact disagree with many of his teachings- or at least the way he presents them.

While there is some merit in the things you say- particularly about believing it is possible to change the world with a word- not accepting that reality may not go your way is foolish. I have had many patients who truly, deeply believed in themselves and their ability to pull through. They were always the most likely to survive, but not all of them did.

As for fighting you, if it's a battle of wits you want I'll be happy to oblige you. But I've no interest in getting in a physical fight with a man three times my size. For all your words, I'm no fool.

Alysaine Ahava Theodora Indus Pearl Levi Naan Hobert, Physician by way of the Arkinariam Brakar

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moostrav Potrevski ()
08 Dec 2019 20:24 #18 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
We where contempt to leave here,
Yet you continue your venom prost,
So we'll challenge you to a game of Chaos Chess.

DJANGO GET THE BOARD READY!

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
08 Dec 2019 20:36 #19 by Alysaine A.T.I.P.L.N. Hobert (Miriam144)
I believe you meant content, not contempt. I speak with no venom, only with an eye for accuracy. I warn you if this "chaos chess" is anything like the regular kind I've no patience for the game. But assuming it's some battle of the mind, I'll gladly engage.

• Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
08 Dec 2019 20:55 #20 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Before we divert too drastically from the spirit of things, on the topic of Wills, I believe the takeaway is to yes, indeed have some sort of plan ready in case (may the powers that be forbid) your life is lost permanently while fighting not only the monstrosity we face soon, but any of our foes in the future. Do your best to plan ahead, around the pandemonium we so often face in our lives as men and women on the precipice of such constant disaster. However, there is a shining grain of wisdom in Cousin Moostrav's words, should you discern it. Do not let the act of planning for your demise make you think it is inevitable. Writing such missives may keep one in dour spirits, and such an attitude on the battlefield may force a "self-fulfilling prophecy", as it were. Do not let such grim preparations keep us sullen and morose, instead let us rally in spite of such preparations. Make sure we shall not find need of such preparations in the coming battles! Chin up! Endeavor to find not death but Glory on the battlefield!

As for the Chaos Chess, I shall prepare the board and the related paraphernalia. Taylos preserve us, I hope it does not go as poorly as last time.

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moostrav Potrevski ()
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Dec 2019 18:24 #21 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
I will make a post separately, but I will offer to hold things while people go to fight the Maw, including Wills.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
09 Dec 2019 18:57 - 09 Dec 2019 19:02 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
I was curious why folks thought I was being dour, then I saw a few of the responses.

A will is sometimes a comfort and there's a few of us that do not see losing a physical form as a detriment but, in case it takes time for us to return in some form, it is important to give people a few ideas of what to do instead of bickering with each other. (Mind you, I do not expect anyone nowadays to bicker, but it was an issue in the past.)

Remember, my note says 'when' not 'if' we defeat our foes. I have confidence, but a step of caution is not meant to dim any spirits!

Be well everyone and whether I will see you on the battlefield or just at the inn for a drink, it will be great to see friends as always.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 09 Dec 2019 19:02 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
09 Dec 2019 21:24 #23 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic Conversations, Wills, and Maybe Mass
Something small, but on Friday evening in the Inn I will have my little box of parchment, envelopes, and a wax sealing kit if you'd rather write and/ or seal your will without others seeing it before the time in which you perish and it is then needed.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds