Tactical Information

• Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
07 Dec 2019 10:00 - 07 Dec 2019 10:00 #1 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Tactical Information was created by Ephrem (bamore62)
For those who hold the misguided error that justice is only and always punitive and retributive, let it be known that there are times when doing justice requires mercy and thenceforth brings about a more just and noble world (praise to both Valos and the most Holy Lady dearest to his heart).

While aiding the subjects (and even wounded enemies taken prisoner in the battle for Anoch), I managed to befriend one of the enemy soldiers who, after being shown the error of his ways, was willing to share some valuable information about the enemy's leadership and battle plans.

I know that these boards are protected from enemy eyes, but I still would not feel comfortable posting this information. Perhaps the war-scribes can pass on this information at the time of the feast. Or is it best to speak directly to our military tacticians and strategists?

Any advise from anyone on this matter is most welcome.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Last edit: 07 Dec 2019 10:00 by Ephrem (bamore62).
07 Dec 2019 10:25 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Tactical Information
Ephram,

These boards are well guarded and there is no chance of the enemy getting the information from this. Please feel free to share it here so it is accessible to all. Us war scribes will already be doing a lot with making sure that the groups going out for missions are organized and prepared.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
07 Dec 2019 11:30 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Tactical Information
Keladry,

Then would you care to inform us how Osric, who owes allegiance to the Kormyrian Empire was able to infiltrate and get a message to us about Caelvan's capture and ransom? That fact seems to undermine your statement.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
07 Dec 2019 12:02 #4 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Tactical Information
A messenger at any point can bring a letter from someone to post. As such, they can always just put up a message. But the guards stationed by the board are always clear to vet anyone whose posting might warrant an investigation about their intentions.

The information is safe. They're skilled at capturing any messengers who would be reading this in order to utilize this information against us.

Please Ephrem, this information is valuable and if you are not comfortable posting it here, send me missive or any one of my scribes and we will make sure the information becomes public.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Dec 2019 15:30 #5 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Tactical Information
Thank you Lord Admiral,
The information I that has been given to me from the Duke's soldier whom I had healed is extremely helpful.

There are a series of barricades around the Duke's war camp.
The (former enemy) soldier that I healed had been charged to make deliveries of supplies from outside the barriers into the camp. He detailed a path to get to the camp by which only two of the many barricades would have to be passed. This route would save lives if we do make a final assault upon the camp. There is no evidence that this soldier has been mislead or given false information as he had traveled the actual route to bring provisions into the camp. Unless the enemy has changed the positions of the barricades near Bastion since the date of our assault on Anoch (unlikely), I trust in the veracity of this tactical information.

[drawn here is a very rough sketch of the path indicated by the informant showing the placement of the barricades and the path that the soldier followed in delivering provisions. Only two barricades need to be crossed in order to reach the camp.]

May the Kingdom of Kormyre and its people thrive,

Father Ephrem
the Heart of Valos

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
11 Dec 2019 04:51 #6 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Tactical Information
Not only is the path important but possibly the camp provisions as well if we can get to them. The people will need a reliable source of food ahead and I see no reason why we cannot gather these and keep them for that purpose unless otherwise ordered.

-Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Dec 2019 13:26 #7 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Tactical Information
Allyce,
The provisions are most likely used or sent on if normal army activity has occurred since the battle at Anoch. I do not think they amounted to much from what was described.
However, the tactical knowledge of the path itself is most certainly to our advantage.

Father Ephrem
the Heart of Valos

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds